• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Don’t understand why a tour player would want to bulk up. Strength yes. Size and bulk no

I think everybody is missing the real reason. Remember a year or 2 ago when he and Brooks were at little at odds over Bryson's slow play and comments Brooks made about it and there were jokes about how Brooks might kick his ass? Just sayin :thumbsup:

Yeah, rooting for Varner and am glad to be watching live golf. Also feel kinda bad for Varner as well. As 1 of the few people of color on tour, he's gonna be bombarded with social questions from the media for the next several weeks.

Is there a less likeable tour player than DeChambeau? Not only is the slowest guy out there, he whines about it when the press brings it up. And Koepka's tweet back at him saying he needed 2 more major trophies for a 6 pack was fantastic. When it came down to DeChambeau and Reed in Mexico, I found myself rooting for Reed, which made me vomit a bit in the back of my throat.

Is Spieth....back? Another 65 today to finish at -10 in second place. Would LOVE to see him win here this weekend.

Where are y'all watching? Pretty livid the TV coverage doesn't come on til 4. Makes zero sense.

Yeah, rooting for Varner and am glad to be watching live golf. Also feel kinda bad for Varner as well. As 1 of the few people of color on tour, he's gonna be bombarded with social questions from the media for the next several weeks.

Is there a less likeable tour player than DeChambeau? Not only is the slowest guy out there, he whines about it when the press brings it up. And Koepka's tweet back at him saying he needed 2 more major trophies for a 6 pack was fantastic. When it came down to DeChambeau and Reed in Mexico, I found myself rooting for Reed, which made me vomit a bit in the back of my throat.

Harold's already given an interview where he says that while racism sucks and he fully supports social justice, his personal experience growing up in Gaztonia was overall positive, and the white folk and in particular at Gaston CC were very supportive. So since he doesn't fit the narrative of the oppressed victim, look for the media to move on to somebody/something else.

Crazy round by Varner. Started off with a triple bogie 7, and it looked like the wheels may be coming off. He then shot -7 the rest of the round, including a 30 on the front 9 (he started on #10), for the lead. Would be a great story for HVIII to win his first PGA event given all of the current circumstances.

Bumming seeing another Bill Haas collapse:

- Started on 10.
- Was 2 under through the first 6 holes, looking solid to make the cut.
- Missed a 3 footer for par on 16 (his 7th hole)
- Missed a 4 footer for par on 17 (his 8th hole)
- Bogied 18 (missed a 13 footer)
- Then, Haas reaches the par 5 first hole in two; 10 footer for eagle; he somehow 3 putts for par (missing the 10 footer for eagle, and then a 3 footer for birdie).

He's now +1, and very unlikely to make the cut again.

Bumming seeing another Bill Haas collapse:

- Started on 10.
- Was 2 under through the first 6 holes, looking solid to make the cut.
- Missed a 3 footer for par on 16 (his 7th hole)
- Missed a 4 footer for par on 17 (his 8th hole)
- Bogied 18 (missed a 13 footer)
- Then, Haas reaches the par 5 first hole in two; 10 footer for eagle; he somehow 3 putts for par (missing the 10 footer for eagle, and then a 3 footer for birdie).

He's now +1, and very unlikely to make the cut again.

Strokes Gained Putting -4.5.

I know nothing about Varner. Why are you rooting for him?

One of the few black players on tour, but the main reason I pull for him is b/c a friend of mine has played with him numerous times at Gaston CC. That, and he'd be the first to tell you, at ECU he was a swing hard/party harder guy until he realized, "hey, I could make a living doing this shit; maybe time to grow up", to which I can totally relate to in my career.

Last edited:
I know nothing about Varner. Why are you rooting for him?

He grew up in North Carolina, everything I hear about him is he’s a super person and very well like, he’s never won on the PGA tour before and yeah with the rarity of African Americans having success on the tour that makes me pull for him too.

Played with Varner once or twice in high school. I think the 18 hole round I played with him, I shot 82 and he shot 66.

Dude is a nice guy and seems like a positive force on the golf course. Seems like the last few weeks have changed his politics perspective as well if that kind of thing matters to people in the golfers they support.

He grew up in North Carolina, everything I hear about him is he’s a super person and very well like, he’s never won on the PGA tour before and yeah with the rarity of African Americans having success on the tour that makes me pull for him too.

Saw him interviewed on Golf Channel. Seems like an extremely likable guy.

Harold's already given an interview where he says that while racism sucks and he fully supports social justice, his personal experience growing up in Gaztonia was overall positive, and the white folk and in particular at Gaston CC were very supportive. So since he doesn't fit the narrative of the oppressed victim, look for the media to move on to somebody/something else.

BRAVO!

One of the all to few times that I’ve come across someone who gets it....or at least agrees with my point of view.

Back