• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Xander got absolutely hosed on the putt that was in and then decided to come out. Painful to see that happen.

It was good to see some live golf the past few days.
With golf, these guys have been able to continue practicing during the past few months. Looks like most of them haven’t lost their touch.

I'm beginning to think the only way Speith is ever going to win again is if the rest of the leader board just lays down for him some Sunday. He seems to have no confidence in any part of his game on Sundays.

Until he remembers how to hit fairways consistently and not chunk wedges he's not going to win.

It's riveting to watch him though - never know what you're getting.

Led the field in strokes gained putting this week.

Which shows why a statistic like strokes gained can be misleading. Spieth made several bombs, not unusual for him, for which the distances indicated a stroke expectation of 1.6 - 1.9. On the holes where he made those putts, his number was 1.0. He also missed a couple of putts, at least from what I watched this weekend, for which the expected putts was 1.0-1.2.

His putting stats look good because of the bombs he made. Had he made all of his four footers, there would have been a different result.

Enjoyed watching some of Harbortown last night. It's 1 of my favorite stops because it combines natural beauty with some really cool holes. Also shows you don't have to be over 200 yards to be a challenging par 3. It's a good course for shorter hitters, and Webb had a nice opening round.

Yeah, great course. I thought the coverage was a little better than last week too.

Big hitter, small course, going low.

Ea4lzH4XQAA6FZM

Please don't let it come down to DeChambeau and Poulter Sunday afternoon.

Webb has his A game. As well as he has played, he lipped out a handful of putts that could have him even lower. Would be surprised if he is not in the mix late on Sunday.

Also, Bill Haas shot 66 today to finish - 5 -- safely under the cut line (he is currently tied for 26th). An excellent round, and much needed, from Bill. Kudos.

Last edited:
Back