• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Webb needs to start making some putts. He could be tied for the lead now.

What a back 9. Birdies on 5 of 6 consecutive holes. His putting looked like it did on Friday.
Scoring yesterday was crazy. 18 players shot 66 or better. Fun to watch

This is really why it sucks not to have fans. That finish would have been absolutely electric with the masses roaring after every birdie across the last 5 groups.

Webb won against a very difficult field, which is especially impressive.

I wonder if he has ever had a better round in competition with respect to ball striking. If some really makeable putts had fallen on the front 9, he might have been -25.

This is really why it sucks not to have fans. That finish would have been absolutely electric with the masses roaring after every birdie across the last 5 groups.

True. But I'll still take live golf with no fans over no golf. It'll be interesting to see what the PGA does as they reopen to fans. I'm guessing limiting crowds to like 20-30% normal attendance and either no grandstands or must be 2 seats away in the stands.

Nice to see Webb continue to play well and pull out the win in what was a great field. Harbortown suits his game.

Can confirm that Coastal SC is a bunch of animals.

Per the Athletic, Ryder Cup officially postponed to 2021. Guess that will bump the President's Cup at Quail Hollow back a year as well.

Yeah SC has been a total shit show. The numbers from Horry County which are so alarming only include people living in the area - not even the tourists who get sick. Every restaurant at Myrtle is packed with no social distancing.

Cameron champ positive and withdraws.

Brook Koepka's caddy positive and Brooks pulls out

Graham McDowell's caddy positive

Webb has an "illness" in his family and withdraws

Brooks's brother, Chase, qualified on Monday, then moved into house with Brooks and contacted Brooks's caddy and so he too withdraws

Cameron champ positive and withdraws.

Brook Koepka's caddy positive and Brooks pulls out

Graham McDowell's caddy positive

Webb has an "illness" in his family and withdraws

Webb acknowledged that the family member tested positive.

Brooks' brother, Chase, also qualified for the event, but he has also withdrawn.

"Yeah SC has been a total shit show. The numbers from Horry County which are so alarming only include people living in the area - not even the tourists who get sick. Every restaurant at Myrtle is packed with no social distancing. "

Yes, it has been. I live in Myrtle Beach and haven't been inside a restaurant since early March. A local news reporter walked the boardwalk in MB last night and counted 208 people with 4 wearing masks. Few, if any, tourists are wearing them.

"Yeah SC has been a total shit show. The numbers from Horry County which are so alarming only include people living in the area - not even the tourists who get sick. Every restaurant at Myrtle is packed with no social distancing. "

Yes, it has been. I live in Myrtle Beach and haven't been inside a restaurant since early March. A local news reporter walked the boardwalk in MB last night and counted 208 people with 4 wearing masks. Few, if any, tourists are wearing them.

Same.

The hoteliers around here don't GAF, these are the three months they make money. No way they are limiting people on elevators or doing any sort of meaningful cleaning.

It feels like the tourists are coming in and taking a vacation from Covid. When I was at the beach two weeks ago I went out once for groceries and other than me there were maybe a handful of others wearing masks at the store. And forget about going to a restaurant, I’m sure those were cesspools. People are so selfish and dumb.

It feels like the tourists are coming in and taking a vacation from Covid. When I was at the beach two weeks ago I went out once for groceries and other than me there were maybe a handful of others wearing masks at the store. And forget about going to a restaurant, I’m sure those were cesspools. People are so selfish and dumb.

Yeah, that's exactly what's happening. They may have gotten it on the way here or the way back, but we know enough of them are infected while they are here that it is spreading like wildfire.

Yeah I was down there this past week and we only went outside to sit on the beach and go to the store (once when we got there). Half the workers at the grocery store didn't even have masks on. It's ridiculous.

It seems pretty hypocritical to take a vacation and complain about the locals. Keep your damn germs at home.

Btw, big mask proponent, but definitely not going on any out of town trips. That’s equally as selfish as not wearing a mask.

Back