• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Respect & Patriotism vs. Free Speech & Protest

At the tire place this morning. Only white person here. Ga Tech v BC game is on. National anthem played. Nobody stood up. I was already standing. Patriot.
ce85d1a3c112af5233f8d9739c0321ba.jpg

Note: in ATL.

Every soul in that photo is a social justice hero. So brave. Porcine tyrants just got served!

My only question is, why isn't anyone protesting the wear on their tires? The age and mileage on their last oil rotation? What's with all that bothersome activity? Why go to the trouble of lifting the car off the ground, and rotating out the consumables to improve their performance and make your life better, when you could just sit around a bitch about it instead? Seems a bit effort-y to this reporter. Suckers.

Last edited:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Santa-Clara-Police-Officers-Association-May-Boycott-Working-49ers-Games-392214541.html

Colin Kaepernick's decision to sit during the national anthem in protest of racial injustice and police brutality, as well as his critical words directed at officers across the nation, have the Santa Clara police union saying its officers might stop working San Francisco 49ers home games.

I get these decisions, but to me it doesn't help the idea of an always benevolent police force.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Santa-Clara-Police-Officers-Association-May-Boycott-Working-49ers-Games-392214541.html

Colin Kaepernick's decision to sit during the national anthem in protest of racial injustice and police brutality, as well as his critical words directed at officers across the nation, have the Santa Clara police union saying its officers might stop working San Francisco 49ers home games.

Makes sense for all involved. Kaep does not want racist police to protect him anyway. He could use some of those millions for some personal protection. Police should not have to risk their lives for someone who considers them racist and pigs.

Sometimes an amicable separation is best for all involved.

This is illegal and stupid.

I don't think it's illegal, but I agree it's pretty dumb. The 49ers should only care about what Kaepernick does inasmuch as it reflects upon the organization as a whole and impacts the team's success. I don't think too many people outside of the Santa Clara police department thought less of the 49ers because of what Kaepernick has done, so for the union to put the onus on the team to take action makes them look petty and vindictive.

I don't think it's illegal, but I agree it's pretty dumb. The 49ers should only care about what Kaepernick does inasmuch as it reflects upon the organization as a whole and impacts the team's success. I don't think too many people outside of the Santa Clara police department thought less of the 49ers because of what Kaepernick has done, so for the union to put the onus on the team to take action makes them look petty and vindictive.
That's how it always works. When someone does something un-PC, SJWs fuss until they get fired. Yais protests!

In this case, the shoe is on the other foot.

Last edited:
Don't see how or why it would be illegal since these assignments are generally volunteer, but it absolutely doesn't help the perception of police officers in the least. Also probably doesn't assist them in making arguments in the future of "we're going to do our jobs to protect society regardless of what neighborhood we're in." To me if they refuse to take on voluntary assignments because they're offended how long until they refuse to do their required jobs in areas where the majority of people are fed up with their treatment at the hands of an increasingly militarized police force?

Don't see how or why it would be illegal since these assignments are generally volunteer, but it absolutely doesn't help the perception of police officers in the least. Also probably doesn't assist them in making arguments in the future of "we're going to do our jobs to protect society regardless of what neighborhood we're in." To me if they refuse to take on voluntary assignments because they're offended how long until they refuse to do their required jobs in areas where the majority of people are fed up with their treatment at the hands of an increasingly militarized police force?

Kaep don't need no racist pigs protecting him. I am sure he kind find a better "group" to provide security when he entertains his adoring fans.

So, according to that article, local police volunteer and serve as paid security at 49ers games. Anyone who is offended doesn't have to volunteer, and I'm willing to bet the 49ers will still get their 70 volunteers. I feel like the union thinks it has more power than it does, but maybe I'm wrong, and they'll get their entire police force, and the other two in the area, to protest. Can't wait to find out!

Meh. Stand up and take criticism like a man.

I think you are missing some irony here. So...these guys are protesting and you no likey?

Eta: just imagine if a cop wore an animal caricature in a 49ers helmet on his socks. You think people would call for his job?

Last edited:
Back