• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Respect & Patriotism vs. Free Speech & Protest

"Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..."

--

I think you are missing some irony here. So...these guys are protesting and you no likey?

Eta: just imagine if a cop wore an animal caricature in a 49ers helmet on his socks. You think people would call for his job?

The United States of the Offended.

Most cops have their big boy pants on and understand that a few bad apples among them draw ire and protest. You, on the other hand, are actin like a petulant child about all this. The founding fathers would point and laugh at you

The United States of the Offended.

Most cops have their big boy pants on and understand that a few bad apples among them draw ire and protest. You, on the other hand, are actin like a petulant child about all this. The founding fathers would point and laugh at you

I doubt that. They are all dead. Look it up.

LOL. Just the usual double standard tunnel vision from young board liberals. It's perfectly alright for Kaepernick to protest against the police, but it's just terrible that the police would protest against Kaepernick...for protesting against them. Who started this protest crap anyway?

Note: What Kaepernick really needs to do is get a fucking haircut. This isn't the 70s anymore. That hair, along with those ridiculous tattoos, makes him look like a total idiot. Then he opens his mouth and confirms it. Of course, the 49ers are the real idiots for paying him all that money in the first place. If it wasn't for that, Kaepernick would probably be homeless, in jail, or dead by now. Let's see how long it takes him to blow all those millions and file for bankruptcy after he retires from playing football. According to this survey, 78% of all NFL players file for bankruptcy within five years after their retirement....even though many of them make more money in one year than the average American makes in a lifetime:

http://www.munknee.com/78-of-nfl-players-go-bankrupt-within-5-years/

LOL. The police are protesting being protested? Good lord you get dumber by the day old man.

Thanks for the age compliment. I feel as young as ever these days. A 2 year old will do that to ya

The reason it's different is the police are PAID to protect the community. It's a dereliction of duty to not protect their community. They took an oath to do so.

In their OFF time, I'd have no problem with them protesting Kaep or anyone else.

The fact you don't understand the difference shows how far you have fallen from logic.

The reason it's different is the police are PAID to protect the community. It's a dereliction of duty to not protect their community. They took an oath to do so.

In their OFF time, I'd have no problem with them protesting Kaep or anyone else.

The fact you don't understand the difference shows how far you have fallen from logic.

These assignments are volunteer only. As usual, but for your total unwillingness to embrace the facts and law, you are all over it. Never change

So kapernick and the blacks need to just shut up and fly right. Act right and don't get out of line, keep their heads down and walk straight and they won't have to worry about police brutality, from sea to shining sea, with hands on heart.

Yeah cops volunteer and make some good cash at sporting events providing extra security. Saw a lot of tweets about cops shirking their pledge to protect people's constitutional rights by doing this, which is laughable

These assignments are volunteer only. As usual, but for your total unwillingness to embrace the facts and law, you are all over it. Never change

This is an important distinction. The article says "During 49er games, around 70 officers volunteer to work and are paid as security personnel."

So kapernick and the blacks need to just shut up and fly right. Act right and don't get out of line, keep their heads down and walk straight and they won't have to worry about police brutality, from sea to shining sea, with hands on heart.

People who obey laws tend to have less problems going thru life than people who don't.

If Michael Brown had not decided to rob a convenience store, beat up the clerk, walk in the middle of the street, disobey an officer's order to get out of the road & walk on the sidewalk, then try to take the policeman's gun away from him .....he would still be alive today.

Let's keep making excuses for the criminals and vilifying the police, though. The Democrats need that monolithic black vote.

This is an important distinction. The article says "During 49er games, around 70 officers volunteer to work and are paid as security personnel."

That said, there are worse volunteer gigs.

Back