• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Respect & Patriotism vs. Free Speech & Protest

Keep pounding the economics drum while the discussion is about protesting racist cops.

Planning on it. You keep arguing about the hairstyles of patients in the oncology ward.
Hairstyles ARE easier to talk about. No trigger warning necessary.

No he said that they still are. You agree?

Sure. There will always be some discrimination against blacks as well as other groups of people. You are never going to eliminate all discrimination in the country.

For example, I have developed a strong dislike for know-it-all millennial liberals who went to Wake Forest on their daddy's dime and apparently have nothing better to do than come on this board and explain how the world should work to those who have been out there in it since before they were born.

Probably shouldn't feel that way, but you are never going to eliminate everyone's prejudices in the world. Are you telling me that you don't have any?

Last edited:
Planning on it. You keep arguing about the hairstyles of patients in the oncology ward.
Hairstyles ARE easier to talk about. No trigger warning necessary.

I've read this 10 times and I cannot figure out for the life of me what it means. You win, man. You win. Uncle

I've read this 10 times and I cannot figure out for the life of me what it means. You win, man. You win. Uncle

Just do math. Yes, racism is a problem, but if you look at scale, it doesn't even come close to the biggest threat to the safety of black americans.

When does that protest start, or do we only protest about things we'really allowed to talk about?

No seriously, you win. Kapernick should be protesting lazy blacks with kids out of wedlock. Blacks who are beaten and shot by cops invited it by collectively having a 70% single parent history and for not pulling themselves up. You are right, and you are dialed in to the truth that the rest of us and the blacks are scared to talk about. You've done the math. I concede.

Sure. There will always be some discrimination against blacks as well as other groups of people. You are never going to eliminate all discrimination in the country.

For example, I have developed a strong dislike for know-it-all millennial liberals who went to Wake Forest on their daddy's dime and apparently have nothing better to do than come on this board and explain how the world should work to those who have been out there in it since before they were born.

Probably shouldn't feel that way, but you are never going to eliminate everyone's prejudices in the world. Are you telling me that you don't have any?

The thing is, black people had a hell of a lot more to protest about years ago than they have now....but the level of protesting has exploded upward in recent years. There has been an inverse relationship between the level of legitimate cause for protest and the level of the amount of protest. I can only attribute that anomaly to the level of identity politics in the country today.

No seriously, you win. Kapernick should be protesting lazy blacks with kids out of wedlock. Blacks who are beaten and shot by cops invited it by collectively having a 70% single parent history and for not pulling themselves up. You are right, and you are dialed in to the truth that the rest of us and the blacks are scared to talk about. You've done the math. I concede.

That's not the relevant math.

Dude you are too high level for me, I obviously can't hang in this discussion. I can't keep up with you and I don't understand your posts any longer.

Uncle.

jhmd/bkf/other white people: you black folks have a lot of problems, here's what you can do to fix them.

Kaepernick/other black people: Ok, and here's what you white folks can do.

jhmd/bkf/other white people: Whoa, whoa. That's out of line. Stick to your community.

Dude you are too high level for me, I obviously can't hang in this discussion. I can't keep up with you and I don't understand your posts any longer.

Uncle.

Don't quit. Why do police have negative interactions with the black community? This is an open book exam. Show your work. With data.

Okay, the clock says it is time to watch a UNC system school beat an SEC team.

For a change.

The bottom line is that you can either bitch or try to solve the problem. Unfortunately, too many blacks....and privileged white millennial enablers like those on this board who are naively trying to sooth their white guilt...without giving up their BMWs & Country Club memberships, of course....have decided that it is easier to just bitch about problems...real or perceived....than to actually change a lifestyle that is responsible for nearly all of those problems or, in the case of those white millennial enablers, to hold people accountable for those destructive lifestyles..

That's why I gradually moved away from your side in all of this. I spent years & years doing what you are doing.....making excuses for destructive personal behavior and looking for other boogeymen to blame for the results. Finally, though, I decided that I was just being made a fool of by continuing to make excuses for all of this. If people don't give enough of a fuck to change their own personal behavior to improve their situation in life, why should I continue to give a fuck about it? If I see a constructive change in attitude in the future, I reserve the right to once again begin giving a fuck....but as long as the Democratic Party continues its "give them enough to keep them on the reservation and tell them that none of their problems are any fault of their own" policies, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Last edited:
Republicans have give NO solutions that have worked and have tried to roll back programs that do work. Further, the GOP has had a NATIONAL program of voter suppression that harkens back to the days pre-VRA in the 60s. The NC law was overturned as being "surgically racist".

But these are the people BKF now supports.

ALL of the Kaep protest haters have sided with the cops in their position of not working Niner games. Yet none of the haters have contradicted the position that I stated earlier that not taken their assigned duties would be breaking their oath of office and breaking their contracts to protect the public.

Cops can protest all they like on their own time, but if they refuse their assignment to a Niners game they should be busted and fired.

BKF, seriously, we all get your progression from kickass liberal Democrat to kickass conservative Republican during your period of growth, aging, and enlightenment. Don't let the last bits of cartilage lubricating your knuckles go to waste typing the same story over and over again. Show Arthritis who is boss and just copy and paste it dude.

""give them enough to keep them on the reservation and tell them that none of their problems are any fault of their own" policies, I'm not going to hold my breath."

And who is them? The Blacks, Indians, Native Americans...the reservation? Whose policies? Please do hold your breath. Honestly, you fucking suck at life. :)

BKF, seriously, we all get your progression from kickass liberal Democrat to kickass conservative Republican during your period of growth, aging, and enlightenment. Don't let the last bits of cartilage lubricating your knuckles go to waste typing the same story over and over again. Show Arthritis who is boss and just copy and paste it dude.

And I have you guys to thank for this. You've really opened my eyes as to how ridiculous my views were on some of these issues. I read these millennial liberal posts and say to myself: "My God, have I been spewing nonsense like this all these years?"

Back