• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Respect & Patriotism vs. Free Speech & Protest

""give them enough to keep them on the reservation and tell them that none of their problems are any fault of their own" policies, I'm not going to hold my breath."

And who is them? The Blacks, Indians, Native Americans...the reservation? Whose policies? Please do hold your breath. Honestly, you fucking suck at life. :)

This is exactly the way that Democrats treat black voters.

And I have you guys to thank for this. You've really opened my eyes as to how ridiculous my views were on some of these issues. I read these millennial liberal posts and say to myself: "My God, have I been spewing nonsense like this all these years?"

Who is you guys? The people sick of hearing about being rich, white, liberals, idiots, and you're Phoenix rising from the ashes rise to glory legend again and again and again?

This is exactly the way that Democrats treat black voters.

There were three specific questions included there. You answered none of them. This is exactly the way that Republicans have treated everything for two decades.

""give them enough to keep them on the reservation and tell them that none of their problems are any fault of their own" policies, I'm not going to hold my breath."

And who is them? The Blacks, Indians, Native Americans...the reservation? Whose policies? Please do hold your breath. Honestly, you fucking suck at life. :)

Why? Because he doesn't agree with you?

Why? Because he doesn't agree with you?

Nope. He's entitled to his opinion. His redundant, martyr posts suck and based on his time spent of this board, I assumed this is his life.

Last edited:
There were three specific questions included there. You answered none of them. This is exactly the way that Republicans have treated everything for two decades.

You seriously couldn't figure out what I was saying, or were you just being intentionally obtuse?

My response was "This is exactly the way that Democrats treat black voters."

I would think that a WF graduate could easily figure out that I was talking about Democrats and black voters. Specifically, Democrats "keep blacks on the reservation (inside the Democratic Party) by giving them a few handouts and telling them that their own actions are in no way responsible for any of their own problems."

You seriously couldn't figure out what I was saying, or were you just being intentionally obtuse?

I would think that a WF graduate could easily figure out that I was talking about Democrats and black voters. Specifically, Democrats "keep blacks on the reservation (inside the Democratic Party) by giving them a few handouts and telling them that their own actions are in no way responsible for any of their own problems."

So them = Democrats, they = black people, and the reservation = inside of the Democratic party. Got it. Can you define "a few handouts" and who is telling whom "their own actions are in no way responsible for any of their own problems."?

Nope. He's entitled to his opinion. His redundant, martyr posts suck and based on his time spent of this board, I assumed this is his life.

LOL. You have 16,724 posts here. Numbers has 39,715; RJ has 44,068; DV7 has 72,145; PH has 64,948; Townie has 46,670; MDMH has 19,436, etc.

Lots of people here spending a hell of a lot more time on The Tunnels than I do. As a matter of fact, this is the first day I have even posted on The Tunnels since July 14th....seven weeks ago.

He understood it, but was having problems understanding how ANY Wake grad could post something that moronic.

The thing is, black people had a hell of a lot more to protest about years ago than they have now....but the level of protesting has exploded upward in recent years. There has been an inverse relationship between the level of legitimate cause for protest and the level of the amount of protest. I can only attribute that anomaly to the level of identity politics in the country today.

This one is all truth. Glad to have you back, Bob.

LOL. You have 16,724 posts here. Numbers has 39,715; RJ has 44,068; DV7 has 72,145; PH has 64,948; Townie has 46,670; MDMH has 19,436, etc.

Lots of people here spending a hell of a lot more time on The Tunnels than I do. As a matter of fact, this is the first day I have even posted on The Tunnels since July 14th....seven weeks ago.

Most are on the sports board but point taken.

The thing is, black people had a hell of a lot more to protest about years ago than they have now....but the level of protesting has exploded upward in recent years. There has been an inverse relationship between the level of legitimate cause for protest and the level of the amount of protest. I can only attribute that anomaly to the level of identity politics in the country today.

I'm seriously interested to get your point. What do black people have less to protest about and how long is years ago?

Everybody is protesting more than they used to. There's more social media and more news outlets to cover more events. Protests are more likely to be heard therefore protesters are more likely to use their voice.

I am not at all sure that black people are protesting more now than they were in the 50s and 60s. I don't know how one quantities such things, but a little objective knowledge of history helps. Sounds like an old man shakes fist at cloud situation to me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back