• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Respect & Patriotism vs. Free Speech & Protest

Until you recognize the prevalence of racial bias, and how it makes the monumental task of breaking the cycle even greater, then we're at an impasse.

Two examples of racial bias:

1. The systematic destruction of black voting power though the use of gerrymandering and voting rules and restrictions.
2. Look at local public school buildings in Winston-Salem. Compare the predominately white schools with the predominately minority schools.

P.S. It is quite interesting that you chose to use the term "get out of jail free" to describe racial bias.

Wasn't one of the justifications for gerrymandering to get more black representation in Congress?

School vouchers to give everyone a shot a good schools. I am sure we can agree on this.

Wasn't one of the justifications for gerrymandering to get more black representation in Congress?

School vouchers to give everyone a shot a good schools. I am sure we can agree on this.

I'll give you gerrymandering.

Vouchers don't solve the problem, but I'm glad you recognize that blacks can't solve the education disparity themselves.

I know you meant that as an insult, but it is actually pretty good advice. Dealing with problems invariably produces better results than just bitching about them.

And when "you" deal with a problem, by definition that means you have to do something yourself, rather than just expecting someone else to solve your problems for you.

Of course you understand that....because you are now advising people to deal with their problems.

So what you are saying is, the American blacks who are protesting along with kapernick are all wrong and are doing something stupid that is a waste of time. And that includes the ones with jobs, intact families, and a clean record - and in some cases served in combat in the American armed forces. They can't see the facts and truth like you have, and therefore are wasting their time, and according to jhmd they lack the courage to protest the correct issues. Does that sum up your opinion?

Until you recognize the prevalence of racial bias, and how it makes the monumental task of breaking the cycle even greater, then we're at an impasse.

Two examples of racial bias:

1. The systematic destruction of black voting power though the use of voting rules and restrictions.
2. Look at local public school buildings in Winston-Salem. Compare the predominately white schools with the predominately minority schools.

P.S. It is quite interesting that you chose to use the term "get out of jail free" to describe racial bias.
Weren't Regan and Atkins built exactly identical to one another?

So what you are saying is, the American blacks who are protesting along with kapernick are all wrong and are doing something stupid that is a waste of time. And that includes the ones with jobs, intact families, and a clean record - and in some cases served in combat in the American armed forces. They can't see the facts and truth like you have, and therefore are wasting their time, and according to jhmd they lack the courage to protest the correct issues. Does that sum up your opinion?

No. That sums up your opinion of my opinion.

You said the protesters aren't solving their problems. There are thousands of employed, married protesters with clean criminal records who are protesting alongside BLM and kapernick.

What do you say to them?

You said the protesters aren't solving their problems. There are thousands of employed, married protesters with clean criminal records who are protesting alongside BLM and kapernick.

What do you say to them?

I'd say "I don't care if you sit, stand, kneel, squat, courtsy, or do hatha yoga during the anthem. Who. Gives. A. Fuck.

Just curious, is a married black person with a job, a high school degree and no kids out of wedlock entitled to protest racial bias? Or do they have to wait until all the other black people are also living BKF/JHMD approved lives?

This is the part where I find what you say to be disingenuous. What I'm advocating isn't something BKF and I cooked up on a boys weekend at Myrtle Beach. It's hardly my idea.

You, Deacon923, would not accept less from your own children. What I don't understand is what you why you would ask others to settle for less for theirs? What's your alternative? They continue to make choices that manifestly restrict their own chances for advancement, and you rush right in with the "It's not your fault" SJHero/placebo-speech?

You have no problem #approving those lifestyle choices in your community, and likely would accept nothing less from your own kids. Why does your approval have a racial toggle switch?

Last edited:
I'll give you gerrymandering.

Vouchers don't solve the problem, but I'm glad you recognize that blacks can't solve the education disparity themselves.

Strange that conservatives don't recognize the inherent supply and demand issues with the ideal use of vouchers.

Racial bias impacts one's ability to get an quality education and especially get married.

Strange that conservatives don't recognize the inherent supply and demand issues with the ideal use of vouchers.

Racial bias impacts one's ability to get an quality education and especially get married.

Interesting comment. I've often wondered how that applied to your specific situation with WF & Duke.

This is the part where I find what you say to be disingenuous. What I'm advocating isn't something BKF and I cooked up on a boys weekend at Myrtle Beach. It's hardly my idea.

You, Deacon923, would not accept less from your own children. What I don't understand is what you why you would ask others to settle for less for theirs? What's your alternative? They continue to make choices that manifestly restrict their own chances for advancement, and you rush right in with the "It's not your fault" SJHero/placebo-speech?

You have no problem #approving those lifestyle choices in your community, and likely would accept nothing less from your own kids. Why does your approval have a racial toggle switch?

educated, employed, married blacks with no criminal record and no kids out of wedlock, jhmd. Answer the fucking question or do you have the courage? Are you declaring their protest of racist cops uninformed, incorrect, pointless, and/or misguided? Didn't you serve in Iraq? Are you telling the black soldier who possibly saved your life in combat that he is stupid and wrong to protest with kapernick?

I'd make a serious wager that most of those who oppose Affirmative Action would also oppose the ending of preferences for legacies, donors, employees, friends of staff and the other ways that less qualified white males get into colleges, grad school and jobs.

I wonder what the anti-AA people would say about the fact that women have to get higher grades, etc., than white males. Or that here in CA, that there is a reverse AA towards students of Asian heritage to allow more white kids to get into schools.

An oppressed minority group was able to achieve such levels of success in education? Say what?

An oppressed minority group was able to achieve such levels of success in education? Say what?

Another ignorant, totally uninformed post by tintin to justify his out of the mainstream position. Over the past half century, a significant percentage of Asian immigrants have entered the US with college degrees and high paying jobs. Thus their kids are immediately ahead of most ethnic groups.

There are many other reasons, but as usual tintin is too lazy to think about them.

1slj61ueqko.gif

let me know when you are ready to answer my question.

Interesting comment. I've often wondered how that applied to your specific situation with WF & Duke.

You mean being the fact that there were more black male student-athletes at Wake than non-student-athletes? You mean how few black people there were in the Duke graduate programs? You mean how my department only had one black faculty member during my time there?

Just curious, is a married black person with a job, a high school degree and no kids out of wedlock entitled to protest racial bias? Or do they have to wait until all the other black people are also living BKF/JHMD approved lives?

Anyone is free to protest anything they want. They are also free to protest black on black crime. You could too, if you had the courage.

let me know when you are ready to answer my question.

He did answer your question.

You never answered mine, BKF.

Are the educated, employed, law-abiding married parents who are protesting racist cops alongside BLM and Kapernick fools? Have they been duped by liberal politicians or wealthy WFU millenials? Are they conniving for free stuff and for someone else to solve their problems?

You mean being the fact that there were more black male student-athletes at Wake than non-student-athletes? You mean how few black people there were in the Duke graduate programs? You mean how my department only had one black faculty member during my time there?

Actually, that's not what I meant at all. What I wondered was whether or not race was a factor in any way in your particular situation at those two institutions....as far as admissions, possible financial aid, etc....since you have made no secret of your opinion that "systemic racism" permeates all facets of American society today.

You never answered mine, BKF.

Are the educated, employed, law-abiding married parents who are protesting racist cops alongside BLM and Kapernick fools? Have they been duped by liberal politicians or wealthy WFU millenials? Are they conniving for free stuff and for someone else to solve their problems?

I would give you basically the same answer. Anyone has a right to protest anything, I suppose, as long as they are ready to accept any possible penalties or repercussions for breaking applicable laws. I would say the answer to your second question is "yes". I would say that the answer to your 3rd question would be "no"....but only for that part of the protestors who fit the description in your question: educated, employed, law-abiding & married.

Now, as I have answered all of your questions, I have a question for you:

What percentage of all BLM protestors would you say meet all of those qualifications: educated, employed, law-abiding & married?

Back