• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Respect & Patriotism vs. Free Speech & Protest

So blacks who want to protest must be criminals? How about all leaders of BLM who worked hand-in-hand with the Dallas PD? My bad, they are automatically thought to be uneducated and criminals in your eyes.

Is being single a disqualifier in your world? Or can white people be single but not blacks?

I would give you basically the same answer. Anyone has a right to protest anything, I suppose, as long as they are ready to accept any possible penalties or repercussions for breaking applicable laws. I would say the answer to your second question is "yes". I would say that the answer to your 3rd question would be "no"....but only for that part of the protestors who fit the description in your question: educated, employed, law-abiding & married.

Now, as I have answered all of your questions, I have a question for you:

What percentage of all BLM protestors would you say meet all of those qualifications: educated, employed, law-abiding & married?

Thanks for answering. There is no law says you must stand for the anthem.

To answer your question: You are the one in opposition to these protests, that's for you to worry about chief. Lol. I'm not the one setting qualifications for protesting something that is clearly wrong and terrible, so the percentage makes no difference to me. That is you. I'm not holding any of the protesters in suspicion, that is also you.

I listened to the protest and I have seen evidence of said racism, so I'm in agreement with the protest and I think it has value. I am not holding kapernick or anyone who agrees with his protest in contempt, that is also you.

Here's a little about the founders and leaders of BLM....what a group of uneducated criminals they are:

Alicia Garza
Her editorial writing has been published byThe Guardian, The Nation, The Feminist Wire,[3] Rolling Stone, Huffington Post and truthout.org.

Partrisse Cullors -Cullors was born in Los Angeles. She became an activist early in life and later earned a degree in religion and philosophy from UCLA.

Opal Tometti- She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and a Masters of Arts degree in communication and advocacy from the University of Arizona.[3]Opal is a former Case Manager for survivors of domestic violence and still provides community education on the issue.

DeRay Mkesson- Mckesson was an organizer in Baltimore City as a teenager, notably as the Chairman of Youth As Resources, Baltimore’s youth-led grant-making organization.[6] He graduated in 2007 with a degree in government and legal studies from Bowdoin College, where he had been president of the student government and his class.

Shaun King- King was raised in Versailles, Kentucky, and later attended Morehouse College, a private historically black men's college in Atlanta, Georgia, where he majored in History. Midway through his education he had to take a medical leave. Upon his return, he was named an Oprah Winfrey Scholar by Morehouse. Oprah scholars are provided scholarship support to cover their costs and are required to maintain their grade point average and do community service.

King's community service was fulfilled by tutoring and mentoring students at Franklin Lebby Stanton Elementary School in Atlanta. After graduation in 2002, King was a research assistant for Morehouse history professor, Alton Hornsby Jr

You're forgetting, RJ, that fancy CVs and prestigious degrees are just pretentious entitlements, signs of over-educated and under-experienced millennial slacking.

Yep and working within the system to see what's working and not working is also bad in BKF's world.

Going from living in inner-cities and tough upbringings, overcoming them to go to top schools, graduating and helping in the communities doesn't give you the right to protest in bkf's world.

Thanks for answering. There is no law says you must stand for the anthem.

To answer your question: You are the one in opposition to these protests, that's for you to worry about chief. Lol. I'm not the one setting qualifications for protesting something that is clearly wrong and terrible, so the percentage makes no difference to me. That is you. I'm not holding any of the protesters in suspicion, that is also you.

I listened to the protest and I have seen evidence of said racism, so I'm in agreement with the protest and I think it has value. I am not holding kapernick or anyone who agrees with his protest in contempt, that is also you.

I see. So you are the one who brought the subject up in the form of a question to me, but after I answered all of your questions and asked you just one question in return....which specifically related to your initial question to me....your response is that you feel no requirement to answer my question on the same topic.

Pretty much par for the course regarding liberal positions on this board. I do understand your reluctance to answer my question, though, as answering it would have required you to suffer the embarrassment that your original question was nothing more than weak attempt at a strawman diversionary argument.

(BTW, there are laws against standing in the middle of a freeway blocking entrances to airports & hospitals, etc., and you specifically mentioned BLM protestors in your question.)

There were laws against the protest of MLK, John Lewis and others as well. But that's OK.

I notice that the fact the leaders and founders are well educated, experienced people doesn't matter to Bob.

Actually, that's not what I meant at all. What I wondered was whether or not race was a factor in any way in your particular situation at those two institutions....as far as admissions, possible financial aid, etc....since you have made no secret of your opinion that "systemic racism" permeates all facets of American society today.

You didn't mean that because you don't understand the issue. It's not about one person or a few people getting an opportunity.

I see. So you are the one who brought the subject up in the form of a question to me, but after I answered all of your questions and asked you just one question in return....which specifically related to your initial question to me....your response is that you feel no requirement to answer my question on the same topic.

Pretty much par for the course regarding liberal positions on this board. I do understand your reluctance to answer my question, though, as answering it would have required you to suffer the embarrassment that your original question was nothing more than weak attempt at a strawman diversionary argument.

(BTW, there are laws against standing in the middle of a freeway blocking entrances to airports & hospitals, etc., and you specifically mentioned BLM protestors in your question.)

nice attempt at jhmd-style diversion.

I have no embarrassment, it was a great question. You were the party in this discussion who set requirements on the qualifications to protest something Well, you and jhmd. It was no strawman, but rather a direct counter to your assertion that all of these protesters "did not want to solve their own problems." You and I and anyone reading this knows that the implication of that statement is that they are poor, lazy, criminal, promiscuous, etc. By posing the question the way I did, I forced you to confront your statement head-on and see it for its ridiculous nature.

Now you are, feebly, attempting to turn my own device onto me. But I am not the party who has set the boundaries on worthwhile or deserving protest, that is you. But sure, Ill answer, I will guess that the majority of the protesters - including the millionaire Kaepernick and the countless veterans who have been cited on this thread - meet your protest qualification.

You are clearly blinded by resentment of the poor and by the criminal element of our society as yo lump them all into a single category. Then, taking a page out of jhmd's playbook, convince yourself that you have the courage to deliver the tough-love and dignity to these people you hold in contempt. It is a fascinating albeit tragic position.

14241560_1417101501638868_5123871448318534334_o.jpg

+1

People say they understand what "subconscious bias" and "systemic racism" are and then consistently make statements that indicate they don't really understand what these two mean.

Have Kaepernick, Rapinoe, etc said what they want? I understand if the protest is "I'm going to kneel to bring awareness to a problem." But Kaepernick has said he's going to continue to protest until he's satisfied with the actions that have been taken. Ending oppression of minorities is a pretty broad thing. Has he said what it is that he's demanding be done? I haven't followed this too closely.

Have Kaepernick, Rapinoe, etc said what they want? I understand if the protest is "I'm going to kneel to bring awareness to a problem." But Kaepernick has said he's going to continue to protest until he's satisfied with the actions that have been taken. Ending oppression of minorities is a pretty broad thing. Has he said what it is that he's demanding be done? I haven't followed this too closely.

I doubt he'll be on an NFL sideline long enough to stand proud on that glorious day when all oppression is ended.

Back