• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

White Supremacits hold DC meeting to support Trump

If you're scoring at home, this thread was started by a person decrying white supremacy, who then admonished a black man for not doing what was in his own best interest, as determined by he, a white man.

I would not feel comfortable using that term- it bespeaks privilege and arrogance of the highest order for a white person to go throwing it around. It's not as bad as the n word but still, doesn't seem right. Shame on the libs who excoriated palma for using the n word, but have given rj a pass because of who he insulted. And shame on rj for refusing to apologize.

Bro, 75% of your posts are Trump is PUTIN!!!111!!!!! PUTIN!!!!!!11!!!

That is patently false.

you are now becoming like your boy Trump. if you can't dispute the facts, you just yell out a lie.

Unless I missed something, Trump/Putin concept is not mentioned in ANY of my last 50 posts. So just make things up.

Guys, quit picking on the unrepentant bigot. No one can force him to apologize.

Roadie for Metallica?

Not quite Metallica. More R&B and some rock. Remember Goldenwest in HB? There used to be a cigar shop at Goldenwest & Warner (if you knew Phil, you could get Cubans). In the early 00s, they had a giant Sony big screen and would close down for five of us to watch basketball games, eat, smoke cigars and drink wine. The group was Phil and his wife Glenda, myself, a retired colonel who worked as a liaison between the military (Colin Powell recommended him for OCS) and the company and the manager of Motley Crue (I think he also managed Nickelback and Cinderella).

My uncle owned a record company when I was a kid. I produced a couple of locals. I did some work with McFadden and Whitehead and did some other stuff. One of my best friends/cousins from a black mom and dad has play everyone from Duke Ellington to Phil Collins and NWA and does music contracted for a lot of the music shows on TV.

A really funny story that he created was at the taping for Dave Thomas' special A Home for the Holidays, a special encouraging adoption. My buddy Mike and I were backstage getting some food from the spread. This tall, blond lady with a little bit of a Southern accent said, Y'all are single, aren't you?"

I said, "Yes" without turning around to see her.

She said, "Go sit at a table, get some juice or water, I'll make you a plate."

A couple of minutes later she shows up with a plate for each of us. It was Faith Hill.

RJ has me on ignore but can someone please quote this:
RJ, did you ever meet The Intruders? McFadden and Whitehead co-wrote "I'll Always Love My Mama".

Given that I doubt bob asked about Rafi, I looked at his previous post.

I never met the Intruders. What's ironic is that I met John and Gene here in CA not back in Philly. They recorded and produced at Sigma Sound. My uncle helped Joe Tarsia and Harry Chipetz open the place and we went there together many times. I'm sure John, Gene and I bumped into each other without knowing it.

To show how times have changed, back in 1984, the label Gene and John were associated with had a computerized music machine called a Fairlight (I think that was the name). It was synthesizer through a computer. Back then it cost $40,000. Today, you can get a much better version for under $500.

One of the people who used to stop to play with it was Vanity. She was beautiful and really nice.

Not quite Metallica. More R&B and some rock. Remember Goldenwest in HB? There used to be a cigar shop at Goldenwest & Warner (if you knew Phil, you could get Cubans). In the early 00s, they had a giant Sony big screen and would close down for five of us to watch basketball games, eat, smoke cigars and drink wine. The group was Phil and his wife Glenda, myself, a retired colonel who worked as a liaison between the military (Colin Powell recommended him for OCS) and the company and the manager of Motley Crue (I think he also managed Nickelback and Cinderella).

My uncle owned a record company when I was a kid. I produced a couple of locals. I did some work with McFadden and Whitehead and did some other stuff. One of my best friends/cousins from a black mom and dad has play everyone from Duke Ellington to Phil Collins and NWA and does music contracted for a lot of the music shows on TV.

A really funny story that he created was at the taping for Dave Thomas' special A Home for the Holidays, a special encouraging adoption. My buddy Mike and I were backstage getting some food from the spread. This tall, blond lady with a little bit of a Southern accent said, Y'all are single, aren't you?"

A couple of minutes later she shows up with a plate for each of us. It was Faith Hill.

Once I was playing pickup hoops in Venice Beach with a couple of guys who had played pro ball in Europe - Victor Laguniskas and Fred Helms. Billy Fleming, who had played at Syracuse in the 70s, came over and wanted to get in. I told him he could have my spot if he could beat me in a game of HORSE.

So we're tied at HORS-HORS and he runs up and slams it home and stares me down. Little did he know that Lew Alcindor had just walked up behind him, along with Cheryl Tiegs. Lew and I were pretty tight from when I hooked him up to play the part of Roger Murdock, a pilot. So Billy is staring at me and I just looked at Lew and nodded. He comes over, picks me up, and carried me all the way to the basket, where I absolutely slammed it home and swung on the rim so hard that the chains rattled.

Billy accuses me of cheating. I just laughed and said that once Lew shows up, I'm out, and if he wanted to spend the rest of the afternoon eating leather when Lew stuffed his shots he was welcome to my spot. Cheryl and I rode down the street to the Velvet Sawhorse and drank martinis for the rest of the night. it was great.

RJ has me on ignore but can someone please quote this:
RJ, did you ever meet The Intruders? McFadden and Whitehead co-wrote "I'll Always Love My Mama".

Given that I doubt bob asked about Rafi, I looked at his previous post.

I never met the Intruders. What's ironic is that I met John and Gene here in CA not back in Philly. They recorded and produced at Sigma Sound. My uncle helped Joe Tarsia and Harry Chipetz open the place and we went there together many times. I'm sure John, Gene and I bumped into each other without knowing it.

To show how times have changed, back in 1984, the label Gene and John were associated with had a computerized music machine called a Fairlight (I think that was the name). It was synthesizer through a computer. Back then it cost $40,000. Today, you can get a much better version for under $500.

One of the people who used to stop to play with it was Vanity. She was beautiful and really nice.

Thanks! :thumbsup: But I suddenly feel guilty given all the mean stuff I've said to you recently. :(

I love seeing you two interacting like adults. Good job, men.

what the hell is this story.

Once I was playing pickup hoops in Venice Beach with a couple of guys who had played pro ball in Europe - Victor Laguniskas and Fred Helms. Billy Fleming, who had played at Syracuse in the 70s, came over and wanted to get in. I told him he could have my spot if he could beat me in a game of HORSE.

So we're tied at HORS-HORS and he runs up and slams it home and stares me down. Little did he know that Lew Alcindor had just walked up behind him, along with Cheryl Tiegs. Lew and I were pretty tight from when I hooked him up to play the part of Roger Murdock, a pilot. So Billy is staring at me and I just looked at Lew and nodded. He comes over, picks me up, and carried me all the way to the basket, where I absolutely slammed it home and swung on the rim so hard that the chains rattled.

Billy accuses me of cheating. I just laughed and said that once Lew shows up, I'm out, and if he wanted to spend the rest of the afternoon eating leather when Lew stuffed his shots he was welcome to my spot. Cheryl and I rode down the street to the Velvet Sawhorse and drank martinis for the rest of the night. it was great.

oh man this got me so good

Who is behind rkarl? The one about meeting a young Cybill Shepherd at a pool party was incredible.

Back