• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana -5

In fairness to Dom, I have read where punters and kickers have to resist the urge to kick too much in practice, and younger guys are more guilty of that. Maybe that's what happened.

I'd liked to have seen Plack boot a couple at halftime, but he could have hurt himself

Also, Duke abandoned the run rather early in the game it seemed. IU definitely will not abandon the run with Redding back there who is more talented than a Jela Duncan or whoever Duke used. Might leave our CBs on an island at some point. Big test for our secondary this weekend.

I believe our defense gave up over 300 yards passing to Duke. Our secondary also wasn't too aggressive against Delaware's receivers and if half those passes hadn't been dropped they would've been much more successful in that dept. I feel like if we have one, the secondary is the weak link of the defense.

I believe our defense gave up over 300 yards passing to Duke. Our secondary also wasn't too aggressive against Delaware's receivers and if half those passes hadn't been dropped they would've been much more successful in that dept. I feel like if we have one, the secondary is the weak link of the defense.

I believe you are right; however, I did like how we tightened the pass defense against Duke at points and our d-backs broke hard on the ball getting at least one INT and should have had more. The key to pass defense is pressure on QB, which we have done well, for the most part.

Still our DBs concern me.

Young DBs show some promise. Feel good about Glenn, Bates, and Henderson long-term.

I'm ok w the "make em earn it in pieces" approach. We've really kept big plays to a minimum (albeit agains marginal competition). With a young secondary a conservative approach is probably prudent.

I'm ok w the "make em earn it in pieces" approach. We've really kept big plays to a minimum (albeit agains marginal competition). With a young secondary a conservative approach is probably prudent.

Much more effective when you can get pressure and disrupt the QB.

Just sucks that Hinton is out. He's the type of QB that would give IU's defense absolute fits. I know Wolford can run a bit, but Hinton appears to have really made a big jump in his running ability from a year ago.

Just sucks that Hinton is out. He's the type of QB that would give IU's defense absolute fits. I know Wolford can run a bit, but Hinton appears to have really made a big jump in his running ability from a year ago.

I heard from one of the coaches that Wolford and Hinton's 40 time is the exact same. Obviously it's Hinton's elusiveness that separates him. Agreed, though, that this really is unfortunate. Would love to have had Hinton the next few weeks. Very bad timing for an injury to our biggest offensive weapon, right before we play a few toss up games.

One thing that I'm not sure everybody has considered is that the offensive line blocking for the running game has made both quarterbacks look better than they did originally. Hinton certainly benefitted from better blocking over the past 2 games. A lot of that was generated by his ability to escape the pocket, but against Duke the O-Line was blocking so well against their front 7 that they had to watch for Carney and Hinton.

N.C. State has a horrific pass defense, and while Indiana is good at keeping teams off schedule in passing, is also vulnerable to giving up the big play. They appear to be more of a gambling secondary, ranking 11th in the nation in DB "havoc rate".

As weird as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised to see us start to air it out a bit if we can get the running game going early.

One thing that I'm not sure everybody has considered is that the offensive line blocking for the running game has made both quarterbacks look better than they did originally. Hinton certainly benefitted from better blocking over the past 2 games. A lot of that was generated by his ability to escape the pocket, but against Duke the O-Line was blocking so well against their front 7 that they had to watch for Carney and Hinton.

N.C. State has a horrific pass defense, and while Indiana is good at keeping teams off schedule in passing, is also vulnerable to giving up the big play. They appear to be more of a gambling secondary, ranking 11th in the nation in DB "havoc rate".

As weird as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised to see us start to air it out a bit if we can get the running game going early.

You've really stumbled upon something here. Better offensive line play and a better running game makes a QBs job easier. Do you think Wake's coaches know this? Maybe you should write a blog post. Actually, better not - we don't want our opponents learning about this ground breaking revelation.

You've really stumbled upon something here. Better offensive line play and a better running game makes a QBs job easier. Do you think Wake's coaches know this? Maybe you should write a blog post. Actually, better not - we don't want our opponents learning about this ground breaking revelation.

My point is that John Wolford could all of a sudden become a much better quarterback in the eye's of some people now that he has an offensive line in front of him.

If he comes out and has a really good game on Saturday, it's not just because he suddenly learned how to play the QB position better over two weeks, it's because he has some semblance of a running game and an offensive line.

Establish the run and then throw over the heads of the linebackers and safeties when they start creeping up !

Wolford looked good yet again against an FCS opponent. I think people are feeling good because of 3-0, our RB situation, and the hope that the staff realizes Wolford is a better runner than a passer.

How many "what was he thinking" plays will Wolf have on Saturday.

Yeah. He's dominant against FCS teams.

Indiana is gonna blitz the house all game long with Wolf at QB

Back