• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana -5

with Hinton out this looks to be about a 24-7 or 24-10 type loss. Do we go ahead and take the easy money or is it immoral to benefit financially by seeing our beloved Deacons go down?

Thought the same was true with the Duke line and you see how that worked out

with Hinton out this looks to be about a 24-7 or 24-10 type loss. Do we go ahead and take the easy money or is it immoral to benefit financially by seeing our beloved Deacons go down?

Go away ye of little faith
277 post rule

I feel better that we have actually shown the ability to run the football some.

I think we can win this game with Wolford under center. He just needs to take care of the football, run enough to keep them honest ( he's not a bad running QB) and he needs support from a good ground game (from the RB's). I think the defense will view this as a revenge game as Indiana pushed them around pretty good last year, so I think there will be plenty of motivation on that side of the ball.

I think our offensive line will come ready to play after they were manhandled last year by Indiana. We could steal this one on the road.

Is it confirmed that Hinton isn't playing this week?

Is it confirmed that Hinton isn't playing this week?

I would say there is a 99% chance he is not playing. Your wishes are granted (although I know you would not wish injury upon Hinton).

You stuck a pin in your Kendall Hinton vodoo doll Saturday night didn't you?

No comment, although I will say I hope he's okay and ready to go in a couple of weeks. :D

FWIW, IU's top returning wr, Simmie Cobbs, was lost for the season a week ago. He was easily IU's most talented skill position player. Our top rb, a juco named Camion Patrick has been out all season and probably won't be ready to play until October. Also, our top pass rushing option is also out for a few weeks.

I thought yall's top RB is Redding? Guy slashed us up last year. Thought he was far better than Howard.

All In.

35-10 good guys.

Need Hinton back bad.
Our OL requires QB scrambling and the starter is gonna get hit. Wish either/both were 6'4".

I thought yall's top RB is Redding? Guy slashed us up last year. Thought he was far better than Howard.

Redding is a good back who runs hard and is physical and he ran for 1,000 yards last year as Howard's back up. So you're basically right in that he was good last year, has been the starter this year, and has been productive throughout. Having said that, Coach Wilson has stated repeatedly that Patrick is the team's best player. He was a juco a year ago but had to sit last year for academics and then tore his ACL this past spring. I believe he initially signed with Tennessee out of high school.

All In.

35-10 good guys.

Need Hinton back bad.
Our OL requires QB scrambling and the starter is gonna get hit. Wish either/both were 6'4".

I know it's only a limited sample, but against Delaware Hinton was sacked and Wolford wasn't. Wolford also had a higher ypc (10) than Hinton (6.3). Now I know Hinton is the gifted running QB, but sometimes stats are deceptively uncharacteristic. Hope Hinton's injury isn't severe and that he makes it back to continue where he left off.

Back