• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Regular Season Wins For 2016-17 Wake Forest Basketball?

How many regular season wins (not including the exhibition game)?

• 0-11

Votes: 5 3.6%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 5 3.6%

Votes: 11 8.0%

Votes: 15 10.9%

Votes: 24 17.5%

Votes: 32 23.4%

Votes: 28 20.4%

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • 20 or more

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
The exhibition game is exactly one month away. How many regular season wins you say (not including the exhibition game or any ACCT/potential postseason tournament games)? Poll closes the day before the exhibition game.

Wake_Schedule.png

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wake/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2016-17/schedule/schedule.pdf

Last edited:
Always love looking back at this thread around Selection Sunday.

Sign me up for 9-3 non-conference and 8-10 in the ACC... 17-13 overall.

That base case has us not really in a position to be considered "on the bubble," but if a few things go our way I could see 19 or 20 wins. That would at least make for some important games in late February / early March.

15-15

8-4 Non-Con (L: one in Charleston, NW, Rich, Xavier)
7-11 ACC (W: Clemson, BC, Miami, GT, NCST, @BC, @VT)

Always love looking back at this thread around Selection Sunday.

Sign me up for 9-3 non-conference and 8-10 in the ACC... 17-13 overall.

That base case has us not really in a position to be considered "on the bubble," but if a few things go our way I could see 19 or 20 wins. That would at least make for some important games in late February / early March.
Team underperformed ~94% of respondents' expectations last year if I remember correctly. Think Moonz parodies made up the 6%.

Why can't we see the names in the poll? Why is it anonymous? Are people to afraid to state their true feelings? Are they afraid they'll be punished by the mob?

I went with 17, but really hope it's 19 or 20. Doubtful due to the sheer difficulty of our sked with games 4 through 10 (well 10 not so much but a trap road game after an emotional Duke game?) being an absolute murderer's row of opponents.

I like that this team seems resilient and did not quit last year; the rigors of a tough initial ACC campaign may serve our sophomores very well this year. And if the additions of Woods, Arians, Chill, SJM etc pan out in terms of depth, balance and of course, better shooting, I think we could be a dark horse that threatens to steal a couple of wins we're not supposed to get.

But it's hard to imagine winning more than 8 ACC games considering the way the sked is laid out.

One game on ESPN2 (UNC). No games on ESPN, ABC or CBS. Understandably, those that set the TV schedules think WF is headed for another irrelevant 14-17 season.

The first game of the Charleston Classic against UTEP is only available on the internet. Does that mean if WF wins the opening round game to play defending NC Villanova that game would not be broadcast over the air?

6 non-conference wins (1-2 in Charleston), "road" win against UNCG, lose other road non-conference games
3 conference wins- BC at home, BC on the road, GT at home.

3/4 of the boards loses their shit and says that neither Brown nor Randolph are worth keeping Manning around to coach, 1/4 says that once Brown and Randolph come in, our problems are solved.

Back