• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Regular Season Wins For 2016-17 Wake Forest Basketball?

How many regular season wins (not including the exhibition game)?

• 0-11

Votes: 5 3.6%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 5 3.6%

Votes: 11 8.0%

Votes: 15 10.9%

Votes: 24 17.5%

Votes: 32 23.4%

Votes: 28 20.4%

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • 20 or more

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Always love looking back at this thread around Selection Sunday.

Sign me up for 9-3 non-conference and 8-10 in the ACC... 17-13 overall.

That base case has us not really in a position to be considered "on the bubble," but if a few things go our way I could see 19 or 20 wins. That would at least make for some important games in late February / early March.

We are one win away from this being very correct.

Team underperformed ~94% of respondents' expectations last year if I remember correctly. Think Moonz parodies made up the 6%.

We have now met or exceeded 45% of the expectations.

If we win one more game this year then we will have met or exceeded 68% of respondents expectations.

I can't remember but I think I picked 17 (might have been 16).

Thanks, I had forgotten which one I voted for and since it wasn't public, thought I couldn't find out.

Turns out I voted for 19. If I turn out to be right, then we'll be dancing! WooHoo double win! Now, make it so Deacs.

Next time make the poll public. Thanks in advance.

The italicized number in the poll is the one you voted for.

16 it was. Hoping I am wrong. I think we get to 17 or 18 at minimum. We are a lock for the NIT, and I would have to think we win at least one more regular season. I honestly feel pretty good about the Louisville game. It is a good situation for us to pull the upset and launch ourselves past the bubble. We just have to force them off the three point line and into the middle of the defense. JC can beat them up, just can't give up 2 for 3 all night. Put me down for us winning our last two games in the regular season. I am feeling optimistic today.

16 it was. Hoping I am wrong. I think we get to 17 or 18 at minimum. We are a lock for the NIT, and I would have to think we win at least one more regular season. I honestly feel pretty good about the Louisville game. It is a good situation for us to pull the upset and launch ourselves past the bubble. We just have to force them off the three point line and into the middle of the defense. JC can beat them up, just can't give up 2 for 3 all night. Put me down for us winning our last two games in the regular season. I am feeling optimistic today.

I think Louisville is a bad matchup. Our wins and losses follow pretty closely to our ability to protect the ball/force turnovers on the other team. Louisville will cause problems in that sector.

I guessed 16-14 in the regular season.

Thanks, I had forgotten which one I voted for and since it wasn't public, thought I couldn't find out.

Turns out I voted for 19. If I turn out to be right, then we'll be dancing! WooHoo double win! Now, make it so Deacs.
I voted 19 as well. We should easily already have 19. Still a possibility though, and damn if we don't need it!

Moonz now missed by at least 5 games. Good job, good effort.

Moonz should stick to pop culture. In 2015 he predicted Nas would be big and in 2016 he discovered the TV show Friends. That guy really has his finger on the pulse.

Whoever picked 18 wins - well done.

The team performed at or above 88.32% of respondents' expectations.

Moonz should stick to pop culture. In 2015 he predicted Nas would be big and in 2016 he discovered the TV show Friends. That guy really has his finger on the pulse.

It was really hard to "discover the TV show Friends". You had your TV on and watch NBC's comedy Thursday night schedule. It's sort of like "discovering" NCIS: New Orleand or The Jeffersons.

Back