• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 202: Stolen good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate being sick. Wormy started being sniffly and sneezy over the weekend and this morning I woke up with the sore throat and stuffy nose. I feel like I need to be camped out next to a box of tissues today. Ugh.

I'm not sure i understand. Do you refer to cow meat as beef, or just steak, hamburger, brisket, etc ?

I mean, if someone said they didn't eat pork I wouldn't assume they did eat ham or bacon. But if someone said they were serving beef for dinner and they served veal or brisket, I'd be a bit surprised.

Also tent guy calls the whole pig-meat genre "pig" so I'm echoing his terminology here.

Last two women I have dated have been vegetarian.

It's not really ideal, but you get used to it after a while. When I crave meat I just get it at a restaurant when we go out, or cook pork/chicken in another pan.

There are a ton of alternative meals out there that have meat substitutes as the primary ingredient, but sometimes I just need a big piece of steak.

I mean, if someone said they didn't eat pork I wouldn't assume they did eat ham or bacon. But if someone said they were serving beef for dinner and they served veal or brisket, I'd be a bit surprised.

Also tent guy calls the whole pig-meat genre "pig" so I'm echoing his terminology here.

So you're just referring to like tenderloins, shoulder/butt (pulled), ribs, etc?

It's not really ideal, but you get used to it after a while. When I crave meat I just get it at a restaurant when we go out, or cook pork/chicken in another pan.

There are a ton of alternative meals out there that have meat substitutes as the primary ingredient, but sometimes I just need a big piece of steak.

ppjS8p7.png

Dude lives in NC, has nothing against eating meat, doesn't eat BBQ.

wife doesn't eat beef, which sometimes throws a wrench in dinner plans but I deal with it. and if we're cooking a big beef roast or tenderloin for Christmas or something, I'll make her a pork chop or cornish game hen.

Dated a pescatarian for 4 years in college. Looking back it wasn't a huge deal because we rarely ate dinner together where we had cooked the meal.

So you're just referring to like tenderloins, shoulder/butt (pulled), ribs, etc?

hm? I guess I just like specificity. It depends on the context. So what I was saying earlier about beef vs. brisket vs. veal; if I asked someone what was for dinner and they said "beef" I'd think of roast beef and not another cut or style of cow meat that has another common name. If someone said they were serving pork I'd expect a pork chop, not a honey baked ham or pulled pork BBQ. But if they were asking before preparing a meal or inviting me to it "you eat beef, right?" then I'd figure they were just making sure I ate red meat of whatever variety.

after striking out at about 5 different local, "specialty" furniture stores saturday, i went into pottery barn on a whim and found two things I loved and immediately bought. i'm such a typical american consumer, you guys.

after striking out at about 5 different local, "specialty" furniture stores saturday, i went into pottery barn on a whim and found two things I loved and immediately bought. i'm such a typical american consumer, you guys.

Yeah but acceptance is the first step. Iv'e been on a retail therapy bender recently. Getting amazon packages on the daily. I know its not good but dammit i love it

hm? I guess I just like specificity. It depends on the context. So what I was saying earlier about beef vs. brisket vs. veal; if I asked someone what was for dinner and they said "beef" I'd think of roast beef and not another cut or style of cow meat that has another common name. If someone said they were serving pork I'd expect a pork chop, not a honey baked ham or pulled pork BBQ. But if they were asking before preparing a meal or inviting me to it "you eat beef, right?" then I'd figure they were just making sure I ate red meat of whatever variety.

yeah I get that when someone says we're having pork for dinner I don't expect bacon or ham per se, but I would classify any meat from a pig as pork, still.

there's a reason Bob McCreary is so rich

yeah I get that when someone says we're having pork for dinner I don't expect bacon or ham per se, but I would classify any meat from a pig as pork, still.

Righto. I'm not disputing the accuracy of that. Guess I just get more specific there for some reason.

I was in North Scottsdale yesterday and passed multiple locations of a furniture store called Potato Barn. Nothing gets me in the mood to drop $$$ on furniture like the thought of potatoes.

colonial period or "yore"?

I was in North Scottsdale yesterday and passed multiple locations of a furniture store called Potato Barn. Nothing gets me in the mood to drop $$$ on furniture like the thought of potatoes.

kind of like how women LOVE buying dresses in a place called the "Dress Barn."

i like when athletes have initials that are the same as their positions in their sports like duke ejiofor at defensive end or leighton baines at left back

trying to think of others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back