• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 202: Stolen good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
after striking out at about 5 different local, "specialty" furniture stores saturday, i went into pottery barn on a whim and found two things I loved and immediately bought. i'm such a typical american consumer, you guys.

I believe the term is "basic."

original.gif

i like when athletes have initials that are the same as their positions in their sports like duke ejiofor at defensive end or leighton baines at left back

trying to think of others

John Collins = Jesus Christ

Pretty close to the actual role he plays tbh.

I don't eat pork or beef. It doesn't seem to impact us as much as when I was a pescetarian ('05-'11) or vegetarian ('95-'05). But I think that a major reason I started eating poultry was that we had not very many options and I was sick to death of salmon. Now we seem to do fine. Either he and the kids add bacon/pepperoni/sausage to what we're eating or they eat it when I am not home or we eat a turkey/chicken version.

does anyone want to explain the long-running boards joke "hide your keys" to me?

My biggest issue with vegetarian food is the seemingly disproportionate amount of cucumber. It is probably a memory bias due to my hatred for cucumbers but I swear those little fuckers pop up on everything these days.

what did you buy at PB?

this guy is going to hold my TV in my living room - I wanted something a bit taller than the norm (high ceilings), and I like that it's a versatile enough piece that I can use it in a dining room or a hallway or something like that in a future home if I wanted to. Also the shelves swing out in a really cool way- lots of little thoughtful touches.

banks-buffet-c.jpg

and this is going in my living room because it's pretty :) (and I also needed a coffee table).

leona-coffee-table-c.jpg

i like when athletes have initials that are the same as their positions in their sports like duke ejiofor at defensive end or leighton baines at left back

trying to think of others

Cecil Fielder was not a center fielder, which is a shame.

Trying to think of PGs, SGs, SF, PF and R/C/LF.

OH got one! Claudio Marchisio is a CM.

I understood it as something to do with wanting an on-campus basketball area. Hide your keys so they have to build a stadium you can walk to. Probs way off.

I thought it was take on hide your keys, hide your wife

Either that or a reference to Biff and Myers Park key parties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back