• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Seems like a guy who does anything possible to not look weak would not admit to that.

Also, he probably didn’t actually have bone spurs.

For those of you who are too young to know much about the Viet Nam era and the draft, if your family had any connections or knew a doctor, phantom maladies would get you out of the draft. If you couldn't find a medical out, it was amazing that a slot in a reserve unit that had little to no chance of being called up short of a world war or nuclear attack would miraculously open.

One of the reasons songs like CCR's "Fortunate Son" were such anthems is they had a lot of truth in them.

Meet the Bottomless Pinocchio, a new rating for a false claim repeated over and over again

Trump’s willingness to constantly repeat false claims has posed a unique challenge to fact-checkers. Most politicians quickly drop a Four-Pinocchio claim, either out of a duty to be accurate or concern that spreading false information could be politically damaging.

Not Trump. The president keeps going long after the facts are clear, in what appears to be a deliberate effort to replace the truth with his own, far more favorable, version of it. He is not merely making gaffes or misstating things, he is purposely injecting false information into the national conversation.

To accurately reflect this phenomenon, The Washington Post Fact Checker is introducing a new category — the Bottomless Pinocchio. That dubious distinction will be awarded to politicians who repeat a false claim so many times that they are, in effect, engaging in campaigns of disinformation.

The bar for the Bottomless Pinocchio is high: The claims must have received three or four Pinocchios from The Fact Checker, and they must have been repeated at least 20 times. Twenty is a sufficiently robust number that there can be no question the politician is aware that his or her facts are wrong. The list of Bottomless Pinocchios will be maintained on its own landing page.

The Fact Checker has not identified statements from any other current elected official who meets the standard other than Trump. In fact, 14 statements made by the president immediately qualify for the list.

So, the president of the United States and leader of the Republican party spews bottomless pinocchio rated nonsense once every 8 weeks. That's hardly even enough time for one false claim to settle in before another is introduced.

But who is assigning the Pinocchio ratings? The fake news media of course! So the higher they rate the whopper, the truthier it becomes to rubes.

Ugh. Maybe instead of extending the reference to a creepy 80-year old children’s movie, they should just call a “false claim repeated over and over again” what it actually is, a lie. In fact change the whole rating system to 100% true, mostly true, misleading, mostly false, 100% false, and lie. I think their readers will be able to figure it out without the pictures.

Ugh. Maybe instead of extending the reference to a creepy 80-year old children’s movie, they should just call a “false claim repeated over and over again” what it actually is, a lie. In fact change the whole rating system to 100% true, mostly true, misleading, mostly false, 100% false, and lie. I think their readers will be able to figure it out without the pictures.

Or just use the rube scale: 5. It doesn't FEEL like a lie. 4. So what if it's a lie, everyone does it. 3. Meh 2. Just because you have facts doesn't make it right. You don't understand what I've been through. 1. This doesn't mesh with what I was told by Fox News, so it must be a lie.

What number is "Donald Trump wouldn't lie because he cares about people like me?"

So, the president of the United States and leader of the Republican party spews bottomless pinocchio rated nonsense once daily. That's hardly even enough time for one false claim to settle in before another is introduced.

Fify

What number is "Donald Trump wouldn't lie because he cares about people like me?"

Or...I don’t care if he lies, he’s makin’ ‘merica great again. And he’s not Hillary or any of them libtards what cares ‘bout gays, minorities ‘n’ such.

Ah, I'm seeing the strategy. He's just going to claim that they already built it, some time when the rest of us weren't looking.

Last edited:
It is comforting to know that there is 0% chance these quotes age well, and all of them are documented directly from him. There will be no "fake news" interpretations. Just the everlasting idiocy of president #45.

Last edited:
Gawd, just when we had some good news on the US/China relations front, that ass clown goes and ramps up his asinine border wall rhetoric again.

Back