• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Golf

It's tough when 3/5 of the matches go to Sudden Death and we caught some bad breaks. Glad we were in that position though, we should expect excellence in both Men's and Women's Golf. I hope Bags will be ok, it was a tough shot and it just went too far left because of that damn tree.

Kupcho is one of my favorite Deacs. She made history this year at Augusta and did lots of amazing things while at Wake. She's going to be fun to root for on the LPGA tour. Also, she gave us this photo:

2019040605444.jpg

Bravo ladies. Hell of a season, tournament and championship match.

Great job ladies and can’t wait to see Kups in Charleston at the US Open next week along with the very likable girl who Liu beat. All these ladies are so impressive.

Can't pin a loss on any one player, and these girls had to be exhausted, but this loss is essentially on Kupcho. I mean she is the #1 amateur in the world - had she won as would have been expected, we would have won. But anything can happen in golf, especially amateur golf. Duke also would have expected a win from Carta.

I wouldn't complain about conceding that putt - it looked short enough to concede every time to me.

Why? It was like 2 feet or so, it wasn't a tap in. Dudes have lost majors on putts of that length.

Also, I just saw that Kupcho gave a similar length putt to let it go to extra holes? Why? There is NO reason to give 2-3 foot putts when it's the most pressure they may have face in their career to this point. That is not an automatic make even for PGA Tour pros. We ain't talking 6'' kick-ins.

Why? It was like 2 feet or so, it wasn't a tap in. Dudes have lost majors on putts of that length.

Also, I just saw that Kupcho gave a similar length putt to let it go to extra holes? Why? There is NO reason to give 2-3 foot putts when it's the most pressure they may have face in their career to this point. That is not an automatic make even for PGA Tour pros. We ain't talking 6'' kick-ins.
That’s chicken shit. And Kupcho had already won 18. She didn’t concede shit. The putt she gave was for bogey.

The lady Deacs are awesome! Thanks for the great season. They had a real chance to win but what a year. Will miss Kupcho tremendously.

Can't pin a loss on any one player, and these girls had to be exhausted, but this loss is essentially on Kupcho. I mean she is the #1 amateur in the world - had she won as would have been expected, we would have won. But anything can happen in golf, especially amateur golf. Duke also would have expected a win from Carta.

so don't try to pin it on any one player then. fucking a. "I don't mean to be an asshole, but I am an asshole" is essentially what you just said.

Every single Wake player had a chance to win her match, including Knecht. Kupcho had a late lead and still nearly lost to an inferior player in regulation. You have to give the Duke players a lot of credit for coming back to win.

Amazing amount of pressure on both teams today.

Wouldn't it be nice if we got to see an entertaining Ryder Cup more often ?

so don't try to pin it on any one player then. fucking a. "I don't mean to be an asshole, but I am an asshole" is essentially what you just said.

She would say the same thing I just said. She knows she didn't play well. I'm not holding it against her. I have played a ton of competitive golf and know anything can happen and it is hard to have your best all the time.
The pressure had to be unbelievable on all the girls - just like the pros always say during the Ryder Cup, there is no greater pressure than when your team is depending on you.

The pressure had to be unbelievable on all the girls - just like the pros always say during the Ryder Cup, there is no greater pressure than when your team is depending on you.

Sounds like most team sports

Men's tennis, women's golf and men's golf were all nationally ranked in the top five after their conference tournament. If they play up to their capability, the men's golf team is a legitimate contender for a national championship. The success shown by their classmates should strengthen their resolve.

Was very sad after that loss but what a special season. Those girls should be proud as hell. Anyone know what the recruits are like for next year? Losing Kupcho obviously hurts but that is a good, young team.

That’s chicken shit. And Kupcho had already won 18. She didn’t concede shit. The putt she gave was for bogey.

In your $2 Nassau it is. This is a different scenario.

You are right on Kupcho putt, I was watching the highlight and thought that was conceded to halve and go to extra holes.

Back