• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Golf

D7NGoiFXYAAUBoz.jpg:large

We make 1 or 2 of the 15 to 20 3-10 footers we missed all day and it was an easy win. Duke made quite a few long putts 25 feet + to win or tie holes. We only made 2 I can remember all day. We kept them in the match throughout the course and handed it to them at the end. Seems like we've seen that script before many times.

In your $2 Nassau it is. This is a different scenario.

You are right on Kupcho putt, I was watching the highlight and thought that was conceded to halve and go to extra holes.

Your takes are bad. The putt Bags conceded was barely over a foot. Also, she still had a 8 footer of her own for bogey. The match was over. I've played and seen a lot of amateur match play golf, and I've never seen someone have to make a putt that short (in person).

Your takes are bad. The putt Bags conceded was barely over a foot. Also, she still had a 8 footer of her own for bogey. The match was over. I've played and seen a lot of amateur match play golf, and I've never seen someone have to make a putt that short (in person).

It looked way longer than a foot to me, but whatevs.

You have to feel bad for Kupcho knowing she gave up a year of riches and glory on LPGA to win title with the team and to know it was there for the taking if she steps up the way she almost always does in match play. A lot of credit to Boonchant to play a great round and shows why she also was an AA, but I'm sure there will be lots of thoughts in weeks ahead about some of the missed putts that were there for the taking.

Our team didn’t putt well yesterday. It happens. We clearly outplayed Duke from tee to green. Let it go. Stop criticizing these young women who played their asses off to get to the final. They competed and conducted themselves like champions.

You have to feel bad for Kupcho knowing she gave up a year of riches and glory on LPGA to win title with the team and to know it was there for the taking if she steps up the way she almost always does in match play. A lot of credit to Boonchant to play a great round and shows why she also was an AA, but I'm sure there will be lots of thoughts in weeks ahead about some of the missed putts that were there for the taking.

she earned her degree
she won the first ever Augusta Women's Amateur event
she presumably picked up some name recognition which will help her earn endorsements
two girls from Alabama turned pro - they've earned $55,000 and $156,000 so far this year

Kupcho will be ok

she earned her degree
she presumably picked up some name recognition which will help her earn endorsements
two girls from Alabama turned pro - they've earned $55,000 and $156,000 so far this year

Kupcho will be ok

Yeah, I bet the Augusta win will gain her more in endorsement money than she would have won in LPGA earnings had she left early.

she earned her degree

Kupcho will be ok

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's a shame she got so close to winning the team title, but winning the first Augusta Women's Am, a degree and finished runner-up in the team is pretty good. In the long run, if she hadn't come back she would've always wondered if they would've won the team title had she come back, now she knows and won't have that regret going forward. Although I'm sure she'll never get over not playing her best, but that's golf.

Our team didn’t putt well yesterday. It happens. We clearly outplayed Duke from tee to green. Let it go. Stop criticizing these young women who played their asses off to get to the final. They competed and conducted themselves like champions.

I don't think most people are really criticizing - just commentating. We missed a lot of putts that we might normally make. It happens. The course was tough, the greens were tough, I'm sure the girls were exhausted after all the rain issues, playing two rounds on the last day, etc. - they were under tremendous pressure, and it was the first time we have ever been there....

I don't think most people are really criticizing - just commentating. We missed a lot of putts that we might normally make. It happens. The course was tough, the greens were tough, I'm sure the girls were exhausted after all the rain issues, playing two rounds on the last day, etc. - they were under tremendous pressure, and it was the first time we have ever been there....

This is correct. The comeback win by Liu was very inspiring. I was so happy for her. We just needed one more.....

Great season for the Deacon ladies.

ACC Champs; Kupcho winning the inaugural August Women's am (the highest profile women's amateur tournament in my memory); top 10 ranked all year; several clutch performances to advance to the NCAA finals, including beating Arkansas in match-play on their home course, and then a riveting championship match.

A season to remember. Classic.

BTW, anyone trying to pin a denigrating label on this team, including on the loss in extra holes to Duke, just doesn't get sports; no guarantees in sports, if you don't love the competition and don't understand the risk that you could lose, don't play, and don't even try to critique those that made the effort. Could not more proud of this team.

The 2nd shot Migs hit on 18 after losing a 2 up lead was awesome, as was the long pitch that Bags hit. Both within 4 feet in incredibly pressure-packed situations.

ACC Champs; Kupcho winning the inaugural August Women's am (the highest profile women's amateur tournament in my memory); top 10 ranked all year; several clutch performances to advance to the NCAA finals, including beating Arkansas in match-play on their home course, and then a riveting championship match.

BTW, anyone trying to pin a denigrating label on this team, including on the loss in extra holes to Duke, just doesn't get sports; no guarantees in sports, if you don't love the competition and don't understand the risk that you could lose, don't play, and don't even try to critique those that made the effort. Could not more proud of this team.

This.

Wake suffered the closest loss possible against the #1 team in the country in the ficklest of sports. Three matches went extra holes. In doing so, they played some of the most clutch golf imaginable over the course of several days. Their finish against Arkansas was unbelievable. Really, the only better result would have resulted from one or two ever-so-slightly different shot results last night. Incredibly impressive.

She would say the same thing I just said. She knows she didn't play well. I'm not holding it against her. I have played a ton of competitive golf and know anything can happen and it is hard to have your best all the time.
The pressure had to be unbelievable on all the girls - just like the pros always say during the Ryder Cup, there is no greater pressure than when your team is depending on you.

same hear played my share of mini-tour events and a couple on the web.com tour (used to be the nationwide tour) and some might say I had more pressure playing for money and trying to get to the higher tour and so on but these ladies had a fair amount of pressure too playing for their school and trying to accomplish what's never been done at Wake before ... hats off to all of them ....

Here, here.

Plus 4 of top 5 should be back next year plus 2 pretty good recruits coming in. Hopefully, this will help us get the elite recruits that we haven't gotten in the past.

Hope Jennifer performs well in the women's Open. She must be spent, at least emotionally. It would be great for the LPGA if she and Fassi play exceptionally well in their pro debut.

All that aside, I want Jennifer to have a great career.

Back