• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Is Kawhi turning his back on your Spurs your biggest sports betrayal ever? You have at least 1,200 posts praising Kawhi Leonard on the NBA threads.

It would be heartbreaking if he turned his back on the Spurs. But my biggest sports betrayal is Wellman and the leadership of MSD turning their backs on the basketball program.

Let me sleep on it but I’ll probably do that. Would want a definition of “healthy” though. If PJ or Iggy miss time is the bet off? Cook or Gerald Green? What if Steph or Chris play but are clearly dealing with a bum ankle/knee?

if the big 2 and the big 3 play all the games.

I'd think it'd mean KD/Steph/Draymond and Chris/Harden. You can make a case to add Klay in the mix, but then you'd prolly pick 4 Rox players just to make sure its even.

Damn I see you hornets

140-79 over the grizz. Kemba with 46 on 13-18 (10-14 3fg).

Damn I see you hornets

140-79 over the grizz. Kemba with 46 on 13-18 (10-14 3fg).

Granted the team the Grizz put out there last night would likely lose to Duke or Nova, but the Hornets did that without Dawight (who had an insane 39 and 30 the night before), Batum, or Zeller. Maybe keeping Dwayne Bacon on the bench all season once Batum came back was not the best move for Clifford's job.

Going to Bucks/Bulls tonight just because I wanted to see Giannis live. Turns out he will not be playing. FML

I recorded my 4 year old saying Giannis Antetokuonmpo because it was hilarious and it turned into my other kids sending personal get well messages to Giannis thinking he and I were buds and he would see them.

i went to dubs-jazz game last night. that was... horrible.

rchill, it seems our fully healthy bet is pointless at this point, but i would do 100 straight-up if hou and gsw play still.

i went to dubs-jazz game last night. that was... horrible.

rchill, it seems our fully healthy bet is pointless at this point, but i would do 100 straight-up if hou and gsw play still.

I’ll bet on a healthy Chris, but I won’t bet on Chris’s health. I don’t think Rox can beat even a hobbling Warriors team unless Harden, Chris, and Capela are healthy.

Fultz is playing tonight. This should be interesting. The Sixers are rolling and Belinelli has been a huge addition.

Fultz is playing tonight. This should be interesting. The Sixers are rolling and Belinelli has been a huge addition.

Wonder what his presence will do to team chemistry and play. The guys they have seem to be playing together pretty well at the moment.

Fultz played 14 minutes had 10/4/8. He got up 13 shots and made 5. But the shot looked solid and he had confidence.

Fultz played 14 minutes had 10/4/8. He got up 13 shots and made 5. But the shot looked solid and he had confidence.

Sounds like a good "second debut." Sounds like his body, shot mechanics, head, etc. all benefited from the break. Philly taking the long game with another of their rookies.

Wow. I saw 10 and 8 but didn’t see it was in 14 minutes.

Looking forward to seeing what they do in the playoffs.

His minutes came against the nugs could not give a shit less second line....His first 5 minute line was 0-2 2 turnovers....Pump the brakes...will say it was nice to see a young team play well...nugs suck blow it up and fire malone dude sucks

His minutes came against the nugs could not give a shit less second line....His first 5 minute line was 0-2 2 turnovers....Pump the brakes...will say it was nice to see a young team play well...nugs suck blow it up and fire malone dude sucks

He had 8 assists and 1 TO for the game. I may not be a stat geek, but it's pretty hard to have 2 TOs in your first five minutes but only one for the entire game.

I doubt there is a coach in the NBA who wouldn't want a back-up rookie to have an 8/1 ATO ratio.

he's got work to do, but this was a very good start.

I guess Spo is playing James Johnson at the 5 these days for his own death lineup.

deacphan, I'll take ya up on the Rox-GS bet, are we on or not? Don't want another dv5.75/bone sitch

I am not bullish on Fultz. He airballed a 14 foot shot and nearly bricked a layup. Looked like he couldn't wait for it to get out of his hands. Looked like a layup you see a 6th grader shoot. If you can get Kemba Walker for Fultz plus your 1st round pick over the summer, you make that trade. In fact, if I were the 76ers GM, I would shelve Fultz today as he will likely not play this well again this year.

I am not saying Fultz will be in China in 5 years, but he may be Efrid Payton or the Aussie kid in Utah who never really got going due to injuries.

A G League player dropped stone cold dead on the court over the weekend. It looked like he was dead before he hit the court. Scary stuff.

Back