• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Everton goes down 2-0. Probably a case to make that we are the worst team in the league right now

City's lead is 8 points right now, Spurs and United are both banged up and will probably drop a few more points in the next several weeks ... I just don't see how City isn't sitting on a fat 10 point cushion at Christmas and coasts from there to the title. This feels like it's basically already over.

It's early November, City are already up 8 points. And while some here proclaim that only certain teams win championships and that money doesn't matter in football, the bookies have, as of today, set the odds at 2/11 for City to win the title. So who takes second this year?

City's lead is 8 points right now, Spurs and United are both banged up and will probably drop a few more points in the next several weeks ... I just don't see how City isn't sitting on a fat 10 point cushion at Christmas and coasts from there to the title. This feels like it's basically already over.

They are conceding 6.3 shots per game. Best in the league. They are taking 17.6 shots per game. Also best in the league. They hold 65% possession. Easily best in the league. And they complete 89% of all their passes - which gels with possession and is also easily best in the league.
Everyone hits a rough patch at some point in time during the season. But yeah, unless something significant changes the title race is probably already over.

The only way City doesn't win the league is if Fernandinho gets injured and misses 2+ months. He's the one player they don't have cover for and he's been exceptional as the stable rock the attack is built on. Even then, it'd be tough to blow an 8 point lead.

It's early November, City are already up 8 points. And while some here proclaim that only certain teams win championships and that money doesn't matter in football, the bookies have, as of today, set the odds at 2/11 for City to win the title. So who takes second this year?

lol welcome back, DM

I agree, would take a major/key injury or a colossal collapse. Everyone's playing for 2-4 at this point.

Is it just me, or has DeacMan been MIA for most of this thread?

Real bandwagon-y shit to just start showing up bragging after 2-3 months.

But maybe I just haven't noticed his posts.

:noidea:

Back