• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Goal. MIKE Smalling! 2-1!

Ashley Young can whip in a deep cross from the left side. Oh my.

Tottenham have lost three games against 'big six' clubs and scored fewer goals than United in those matches. They are ever so slightly over-hyped.

I don’t think West Ham is going to finish this match with eleven players on the pitch.

They were looking to get Carroll sent off from the first whistle. Though to be fair he did give an elbow to the face only seven seconds in. But they were definitely playing on his reputation and looking for it.

"Benevento broke Manchester United's record for the worst start to a season in the top five European leagues after losing in added time to Sassuolo.

The Serie A debutants have lost all 13 games - breaking United's 12 at the start of the 1930-31 season."

Not sure there were a group of "top five European leagues" in the 30s, but I like football history.

Fortunate to get a point at Palace. Dire straits.

Was able to watch the second half. Not really sure what to do at this point. If we play the veterans who can possess a little, we lose the fire and energy that comes with playing the kids. However the kids are unable to possess the ball for any amount of time.

I'd probably prefer the latter, especially if we've decided our goal this season is to comfortably stay up, and make a FA Cup run.

Schneids and his zero work rate can go. I know that much.

A striker solves a lot of problems for Everton imo, but I'm not sure I trust Walsh at this point to find one.

SICK FINISH BY ASHLEY YOUNG. Played it off the defender's foot perfectly to loop it into the upper 90.

Big 3 points! Got them despite playing pretty mediocre for the majority of the match.

Tottenham just dropped points at home to West Brom.

I'd like for Liverpool and Chelsea to end in a draw plz. And Huddy to beat Man City tomorrow, of course.

Big 3 points! Got them despite playing pretty mediocre for the majority of the match.

Tottenham just dropped points at home to West Brom.

I'd like for Liverpool and Chelsea to end in a draw plz. And Huddy to beat Man City tomorrow, of course.

Yeah thought United was very fortunate to get three today, they looked pretty bad.

7 home PL matches. 7 wins. 20 goals scored. 1 conceded.

That's good, right?

Back