• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

MDMH won’t be happy till everything is free and there’s no longer a stratification of society by money or intelligence and all large corporations are returned to the people. Don’t worry he will respond here using a phone made by Samsung on a network run by AT&T.
I don't need your strawman bullshit, I can speak for myself. Yours is a pretty weak defense mechanism to deflect away any criticism of your establishment politics. Do you think it's very strategic to depend upon your political opponent being a vilified child predator in order to win elections? Where was this centrist confidence for the last 20 years when Jeff Sessions was boatracing your Dems?

The DJ campaign east Alabama organizer just sent this message to the leader of a group called Alabama Together, which started in Lee County about 1 year ago (she posted it on facebook). It was a group that grew out of the local "Pantsuit Nation" facebook group after the election last year. They were the ones I volunteered for to hand out water at the Iron Bowl tailgate and the Christmas parade.

The infrastructure ya’ll created and the networks that ya’ll gave me access to was an organizer’s DREAM. I can’t even being to explain how grassroots orgs in Lee County might have save the entire country. Ya’ll are all my heroes and I can’t imagine working with a phenomenal team of INCREDIBLE women and a few men, but mostly knock-your-sock-off WOMEN.

Jones has to know he's only a senator for 3 years. He can be a Heidi Heitkamp with a fairly conservative voting record, but he's still a goner in 2020. AL is very different from the mountain west. My guess is he won't piss off Schumer on a regular basis and mostly vote with the Dems, be a good soldier and lose in 2020, and then look for a job in the next administration if the Dems win in 2020.

I don't need your strawman bullshit, I can speak for myself. Yours is a pretty weak defense mechanism to deflect away any criticism of your establishment politics. Do you think it's very strategic to depend upon your political opponent being a vilified child predator in order to win elections? Where was this centrist confidence for the last 20 years when Jeff Sessions was boatracing your Dems?

2457004-crying2.jpg

Jones is only going to vote roughly 55 - 60% Democrat, but should be there for the big issues. He is going to be in a tough spot with 2nd amendment restrictions when they come up though. He preached pretty hard that he is a firm defender of it in order to get Republican votes.

He won't be alone, there are multiple Senate Dems with an A record from the NRA.

polls show the numbers didn't move much from before and after the allegations, so.....

I think Jones has a chance in 2020 running against the Pub running on Trump's coattails.

LOL

MDMH asks the party that campaigns under the guise of the progressive option to, you know, actually advance some progressive policies and people don't like it

I think it would be great -- but you have to actually have some power to advance progressive policies and so maybe don't actively try to give that power to the enemy of your stated goals and generally whine about fucking everything?

During those twenty years, Doug Jones was righting one of the most heinous crimes in our nation. He was charging and convicting members of the KKK for cowardly bombing and murdering four little girls at their church.

He also oversaw a major environmental case that would impact our nation for decades.

I guess that's less important than running for office.

I think it would be great -- but you have to actually have some power to advance progressive policies and so maybe don't actively try to give that power to the enemy of your stated goals and generally whine about fucking everything?
What in the ever loving hell are you talking about. Jones is the first Dem Alabama Senator in 25 years, who the fuck is giving away power to someone? Besides you know, the party that keeps running sexual predators?

you have to win before you can legislate

Yep, parties are moved in the direction of people who can win primaries and subsequently elections and the people who vote for them guiding that direction.

Losing primaries and then claiming you would have won except for a variety of conspiracy theories doesn't cut it.

What in the ever loving hell are you talking about. Jones is the first Dem Alabama Senator in 25 years, who the fuck is giving away power to someone? Besides you know, the party that keeps running sexual predators?

what are you doing

Alabama talk radio station. It's pretty entertaining.

Most of the callers are PISSED that one of the jockeys wrote in instead of voting for Moore. Think he changed everything.

http://www.talk995.com

Last edited:
Jones is only going to vote roughly 55 - 60% Democrat, but should be there for the big issues. He is going to be in a tough spot with 2nd amendment restrictions since he preached pretty hard that he is a firm defender of it in order to get Republican votes. I guess for a senate seat in Alabama though, even winning 50% of the big issues is considered a win, especially since he never compromised his stance on abortion.

If Jones is serious about trying to win re-election in 2020, he simply can't vote with Democrats from places like California, NY, or even Minnesota or Colorado most of the time. He should stick to bread-and-butter economic issues - I think some economic liberalism won't hurt him in Alabama, as they need that federal largesse. On most diversity/civil rights issues (even gay rights) I think he can continue to be a liberal, as younger people are changing their attitudes on these issues even in places like Alabama. However, I have no doubt that he'll vote like a Republican on nearly all gun control/rights issues, and he may try to "moderate" his pro-choice views without actually abandoning them. As for gun control, I wish something practical could be done, but I've given up on any real gun control being passed anytime soon, and realistically Jones is going to have to bend somewhere to even have a chance in 2020, so it might as well be that.

It doesn't matter how he actually votes. His opponent will paint him as a liberal who voted with Chuck Schumer 100% and kills babies.

It doesn't matter how he actually votes. His opponent will paint him as a liberal who voted with Chuck Schumer 100% and kills babies.

yeah no one is gonna take a nuanced approach to analyze which bills he voted for. it's that he's a D and D = bad.

Back