• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Playing on an 8' goal does nothing but hurt the kid and his development as a player. He needs to be playing on a regulation goal with 13-14 yr old kids at least.

GET EM DANNY! WELCOME OLIVER!

1st part of this is slightly incorrect. most high end coaches believe that before muacles fully develop, it is better to perfect your shot form on shorter goals so that one does not adjust for not being able to get the ball to the basket. once one is strong enough no reason for shorter goals though.

For this kid yes. However, I've always thought until kids get to 7th grade or so, they should shoot on 8' baskets. By having 8-11 year olds shoot on 10' hoops, they get frustrated and create bad habits. On overwhelming percentage of kids in that age group aren't big enough or strong enough to shoot at 10'. If they don't score, kids don't have as much fun.

1st part of this is slightly incorrect. most high end coaches believe that before muacles fully develop, it is better to perfect your shot form on shorter goals so that one does not adjust for not being able to get the ball to the basket. once one is strong enough no reason for shorter goals though.

The kid is 6'10"...he drops the ball into an 8 foot basket.

Bey to Villanova. Can’t feel too sorry for him.

Just a general thanks to everyone. I appreciate it! Feel I put a lot out there free, and the specific 4-star football prospect I'm quite sure I'll do something on later this season in front of the paywall.

To DeacsATS: Stop being cheap. You know I deserve your support:)

Just to randomly bring this back (a little) to basketball recruiting, I get the sense that the staff is genuinely excited about the potential 2019 class. There's a difference, I know, between 'being in the mix' and actually getting one of those top-100 guys to actually commit, but I'm gathering that the staff is sensing some optimism.

Just a general thanks to everyone. I appreciate it! Feel I put a lot out there free, and the specific 4-star football prospect I'm quite sure I'll do something on later this season in front of the paywall.

To DeacsATS: Stop being cheap. You know I deserve your support:)

Just to randomly bring this back (a little) to basketball recruiting, I get the sense that the staff is genuinely excited about the potential 2019 class. There's a difference, I know, between 'being in the mix' and actually getting one of those top-100 guys to actually commit, but I'm gathering that the staff is sensing some optimism.

Thanks Les. Do you get the sense we're still looking at 2018 guys?

Great take, when the news broke that WF has contacted Bey. Bey signed with defending National Champs. Good for him.

Lol. It was a joke based off netflix's post a couple pages before it.

Taking NC State rejects, wow what a proud program we have.

Good for the kid. He'll probably play above his ranking in the Nova system under the tutelage of a competent coach. He would have been one of the most talented players Wake has recruited in a while, which speaks more to Wake than Bey, but still.

Last edited:
Thanks Les. Do you get the sense we're still looking at 2018 guys?

There aren't that many left and the danger would be taking a 'lesser' talent from the '18 class when that scholly could go to a 'better' '19 prospect. I think there are still a couple in the mix, but I think the staff believes it'd have to be someone they would take regardless of just happening to have open spots right now.

There aren't that many left and the danger would be taking a 'lesser' talent from the '18 class when that scholly could go to a 'better' '19 prospect. I think there are still a couple in the mix, but I think the staff believes it'd have to be someone they would take regardless of just happening to have open spots right now.

Good thoughts. Thanks.

Wouldn’t feel good about this roster being successful. Espn picked 12 teams to make the NCAA from the ACC. So is finishing thirteenth our upside.

Back