• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

Also, we dont have a ton of players from the Triad - many of them probably havent spent a lot of time in Charlotte.

The Belk Bowl has a bunch of cool stuff for the players to do. I think they do NASCAR one day.

And then they get to play a good SEC team in a game where a bunch of Wake fans will be there.

Those two sentences contradict each other.

El Paso is the worst of the tier 1 destinations by a pretty substantial margin.

I cannot believe that it is being argued that El Paso would be a better destination than Charlotte. It's mind-boggling.

Those two sentences contradict each other.
I am not even a big Nascar fan, but would love to actually go down to see and get in a car when it's going 120-130 miles an hour. I bet most college football players would really dig that.

...its important for us all to remember that the bowls pick their teams based on potential revenue and exposure. Wins and losses only serve to qualify their selection pool. To be honest, I don't think the Quick Lane Bowl or even the Birmingham Bowl would want Wake if they could avoid it. Fortunately, I think our record will be such that they are required to place us in a tier one match-up. The 4 Tier One bowls collaborate to make their picks - the Belk Bowl is basically falling on the sword and conceding that they will have the best engagement from Wake fans of all of the options. Thats, not a knock on the team or the quality of our fans....just a numbers game.

I've just done the group track experience at CMS in a big ass van, and that was fun. Those banked turns are a lot steeper then they look.

I cannot believe that it is being argued that El Paso would be a better destination than Charlotte. It's mind-boggling.

This. It's only because Sun Bowl has history and a better ring to it than Belk Bowl.

Going back a few pages to Cory Helms.... he had had a checkered career at USC. He has played a lot, but struggled big time. The o line has not been good these past two years and helms is the one that fans have zeroed in on as the weakest link. Don't see him playing on sundays at all

It’s too bad the Panthers game on the 31st is in Atlanta.

Hmm. Can drive down and fly back from Atlanta. Worth considering.

I am not even a big Nascar fan, but would love to actually go down to see and get in a car when it's going 120-130 miles an hour. I bet most college football players would really dig that.

Definitely.

This. It's only because Sun Bowl has history and a better ring to it than Belk Bowl.

The Sun Bowl is the only bowl not on an ESPN related network. In today's landscape, it may as well not exist.

Hmm. Can drive down and fly back from Atlanta. Worth considering.

Definitely.

The Sun Bowl is the only bowl not on an ESPN related network. In today's landscape, it may as well not exist.

I thought the Cotton was on Fox?

It's really changed from when I was younger. NBC used to have the Gator on New Year's Eve and the Fiesta, Rose and Orange bowls on New Year's Day. ABC had the Sugar Bowl on New Year's Day and CBS had the Cotton Bowl on New Year's Day. CBS has had the Sun Bowl for a long, long time. It may have been on New Year's Eve back then too.

Last edited:
Kind of funny when people rag about a bowl venue.

By attending the game, you aren't moving to the town that extends the bowl invite to WF. The stay is likely not more than two days. Every bowl town has more than a couple of fun bars/restaurants, cold beer, gathering of WF fans and WF playing football. All good stuff. Stop with the spoiled "oh, that town sucks" drivel. Always had a blast at every WF bowl venue, and yes, that includes Shreveport (ridiculous crawfish).

Kind of funny when people rag about a bowl venue.

By attending the game, you aren't moving to the town that extends the bowl invite to WF. The stay is likely not more than two days. Every bowl town has more than a couple of fun bars/restaurants, cold beer, gathering of WF fans and WF playing football. All good stuff. Stop with the spoiled "oh, that town sucks" drivel. Always had a blast at every WF bowl venue, and yes, that includes Shreveport (ridiculous crawfish).

Dude, didn’t you know there isn’t a single place to go in Charlotte during a two night stay?

charlotte_got_alot.jpg

Back