• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

The Belk Bowl has a bunch of cool stuff for the players to do. I think they do NASCAR one day.

And then they get to play a good SEC team in a game where a bunch of Wake fans will be there.

The Belk Bowl has a bunch of cool stuff for the players to do. I think they do NASCAR one day.

And then they get to play a good SEC team in a game where a bunch of Wake fans will be there.

NASCAR? That's your sales pitch? Hey, why don't you take them on a tour of Charlotte's churches too!

The amount of time at the city of the bowl won't be different.

NASCAR? That's your sales pitch? Hey, why don't you take them on a tour of Charlotte's churches too!
Going out and getting in a racing car as they open it up wouldn't be cool to you?

Yes it will - if that city is less than 100 miles from campus.
I don't think so. They have team parties and team games and such and media day and stuff but the teams report at the same time. There is a check in day for both teams.

Last edited:
So, you think playing some nobody opponent in EL Paso in front of 9k* fans would appeal more to our players?

The only reason I can think of why El Paso might be better than CLT from a bowl standpoint is most if not all of our players have never been to El Paso.

* Edit: MDMH probably has a more accurate attendance prediction.

Last edited:
Yes, 18-22 year old me would much rather spend a week in El Paso than a day in Charlotte.
You think those guys want to play in front of 200 Wake fans in El Paso? Vs having a lot more of their families and friends in Charlotte?

Versus flying four hours and being dropped off in the desert ?

Don't know what the record for most combined yards on offense in the Sun Bowl is, but a Jackson vs Tate matchup would threaten it. Wolford vs Tate could do the same though.

Back