• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on the Charlotte 49ers UNCC -- Football School

Pilchard

Reaction score
Tomorrow at 7 pm, the hoop team blazes the trail to Charlotte for the Belk Bowl bound Deacon football team.

At #237, Charlotte is the weakest team left on the WF schedule, and the 2nd worst team that WF has played this year (behind #319 Quinnipiac).

Record/Schedule: UNCC is 3-4. Wins: Non-D1 Methodist; #342 Presby (83-74); #243 High Point (70-67!!!); Losses: #49 OK State (by 18), #101 College of Charleston; #76 Davidson (by 15), #251 JMU.

Coach: Former NBAer who played against Manning in the "League", Mark Price. Price is 30-40 at UNCC. He is 0-13 against top 100 teams over his 3 seasons with the 49ers (WF is currently #73). WF beat Charlotte 91-74 last year (WF shot 59% from 22; 43% from 3, and shot 34 FTs; JC was WF's leading scorer with 22; BC had 15).

Offense: Charlotte is #173 on offense. They shoot the 3 very well (42%), but don't shoot many 3s (only 27% of their offense comes from 3s -- #252). They also get to the line often (#12 in FTA per FGA). Otherwise, the UNCC offense is weak: #270 in offensive rebounding %, #254 in 2 PT shooting % 46.8%, #274 in FT% --67%.

Defense: The 49ers defense is terrible (#276 -- almost 100 spots below the WF defense -- think about that). Like Richmond, they have no interior D (56.7% on two point FG% #320 -- Doral again will be unstoppable), they don't defend 3s particularly well (36% - #211), hey don't force turnovers (#180); their effective FG% is 56% #300. Just bad all around on D.

Tempo: UNCC plays at a quick tempo (#37); so, if WF wants to run, WF can push the ball, but that is something that WF has not tried to do this year (WF is #269 in tempo).

Size and lineup: Charlotte starts a lineup that goes 6-3, 6-3, 6-7, 6-7, 6-7; they have 6-9 and 6-10 bigs that come off the bench, but have not made an impact. Their best player is PG Jon Davis (he scored 16 at WF last year), but he struggled with his shooting stroke to start the season (37% from 2; 11% from 3 - shot 37% last year).

Charlotte is not a good team and their weak interior defense should result in another big day for Doral. KP predicts a 83-76 win. Would think WF will win by a bigger margin, but WF has already lost to Liberty, Drake and GA Southern; so, maybe not.

The game is listed as being televised on "Stadium". Not sure what that means.

Last edited:
Can't believe RJ wanted Mark Price as our next HC!

If we make shots, I don't see how this isn't a ~20 point win.

Random prediction: Sarr explodes for a new career high and maybe even dunks the basketball.

Less random prediction: Woods scores 20+ on his former team.

Re: the tv situation, I got this email on "Stadium" last week, so it may help out a bit:

We are reaching out to make sure that you're aware that our sports network, Stadium, will ​be ​broadcasting ​next week's Wake Forest vs. UNC Charlotte basketball game (Tuesday, December 5th) exclusively on Facebook.

This unique broadcast will be available ​for free ​on Facebook Watch, as fans can add it to their watchlist by following the Live: Stadium College Basketball show page.

Stadium’s on-air talent team will address fan comments and questions throughout ​the game, making the viewing experience as interactive and personal as possible. To further this effort, we are making Stadium's basketball analysts available to the press and bloggers in the days leading up to the game to discuss the matchup, offer game insights and give fans an idea of the Facebook viewing experience.

I have included a promo graphic (attached) for social and/or where-to-watch posts, but please let me know if you would also like to 1) receive a video promo spot that we have created or 2) send along any questions (via email) to our on-air basketball analysts for any stories you may be publishing this or next week.

Why did Keyshawn and another good player or two leave Charlotte when Price came in? Seems like they could have been decent?

Keyshawn and Torin Dorn: 1. Losing culture at Charlotte until the AD is gone, 2. I’d rather play in the ACC personally and assume that’s the same for them.

Stadium things sounds interesting, but how do I get it to show up on my large TV?

Stadium things sounds interesting, but how do I get it to show up on my large TV?

Pull up the feed on your laptop or any device that has an HDMI plug-in. Plug it straight into the tv and turn it to whatever input you need to.

Hopefully Stadium will work with my Chromecast. I assume it will with the browser plug-in extension.

Pull up the feed on your laptop or any device that has an HDMI plug-in. Plug it straight into the tv and turn it to whatever input you need to.

I promise I am not an OWG. I don't own a laptop, though. I'd rather not just watch the game on my iMac or iPad. I guess I could try to use a Facebook app within my Xbox One or Roku? My concern is that it will look (and run) like dogshit

If you have Sling with the Sports package, you get the 'Stadium' channel.

Can't say I've ever watched it, and I guess I still won't since this is allegedly only on their Facebook platform.

Reactions: Ayo
I had never even heard of it until I got the email. Guessing it will run just like WatchESPN as far as what you can do with it/where you can hook it up to.

Back