• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on the Charlotte 49ers UNCC -- Football School

Would that get us into the NCAA tournament is a question

I mean, the discussion is clearly premature (and silly), but I think if we can keep from stepping on our dicks over the rest of the non-conference, we'd have to get a look if somehow we finished above .500 in the ACC and won a game or two in the ACC tourney.

But it's still early December. Just sitting back with low expectations and trying to enjoy the ride. At this point I will be happy if the team shows improvement throughout the season.

The silver lining is that there are 5 conference games (plus the UT game) that project as very close losses (3 points or less). Flip all 5 of those and you are looking at 18-12 (11-7)... Not likely, but within a reasonable range of outcomes.

True, but that analysis assumes that WF will win every projected win which are also very close (e.g., 70-68 over Cuse; 79-75 over State) for WF to go 11-7, the Deacs would need to win every close game on the schedule.

Last edited:
What's the scene at UNCC like? Heading there after work for the game. Any good bars close to the stadium to hit up before the game or better to just crush a few beers in the parking lot?

True, but that analysis assumes that WF will win every projected win which are also very close (e.g., 70-68 over Cuse; 79-75 over State) for WF to go 11-7, the Deacs would need to win every close game on the schedule.

Right. There is also the very real chance that we drop more games that we have no business losing. We'll probably also win a game (or two) that we have no business winning.

I suspect we'll end up slightly better than KP suggests, but not ever really in the hunt for an at-large bid.

I guess my point was that there are a ton of games that are "toss-ups"... Feels like this year's conference schedule is easier than last year's. Of course I say that and the ACC is on fire in the non-conference... So who knows.

I think a lofty goal at this point is the NIT honestly.

Let's hope we get better and try to make the postseason of any sorts.

Yeah, I'm not popping my facebook cherry just for this game.

Makes sense. Feels like one of those new things you wait to see if it's gonna catch on before getting on board. Too early to tell who wins out between FB and MySpace.

Ridiculous that the "ACC Network" cannot televise all ACC games and games are regulated to all these unknown apps.

I think a lofty goal at this point is the NIT honestly.

Let's hope we get better and try to make the postseason of any sorts.

Yep. Play Mitchell, Melo, and Sarr and get ready for the type of system we can run with our 2018 class.

Ridiculous that the "ACC Network" cannot televise all ACC games and games are regulated to all these unknown apps.

Agree but is a road game so it's probably not subject to the ACC network.

Yeah, it wouldn't be on the ACC Network anyway because Charlotte has rights to the game at their place. Also, I'd check and see if you have the Stadium channel. I'd never heard of it and actually randomly realized that I get it this morning.

Yeah, it wouldn't be on the ACC Network anyway because Charlotte has rights to the game at their place. Also, I'd check and see if you have the Stadium channel. I'd never heard of it and actually randomly realized that I get it this morning.

I checked after seeing this and "Stadium Channel" is actually channel 1240 on TWC/Spectrum in the Triad, but our game is not listed on the guide tonight. I guess maybe just through Facebook?

Per Wiki the NC affiliates are:

North Carolina
Charlotte WVEB-LD 40.3 DTV America Corporation Cozi TV
Winston-Salem–Greensboro–High Point WXLV-TV 45.2 Sinclair Broadcast Group ABC
Raleigh–Durham–Chapel Hill WLFL 22.2 The CW
Wilmington WILM-LD 10.3 Capitol Broadcasting Company Independent

What's the scene at UNCC like? Heading there after work for the game. Any good bars close to the stadium to hit up before the game or better to just crush a few beers in the parking lot?

There are a couple good bars close to campus. Boardwalk Billy’s would be a good one to go to before the game, maybe ALEs (though that’s more college bar than BB’s).

Makes sense. Feels like one of those new things you wait to see if it's gonna catch on before getting on board. Too early to tell who wins out between FB and MySpace.

Exactly! Plus this Tweeter thing might take off and then I'd look foolish. I've also got my eye on one of these newfangled apps like instagram or snapchat.

78% of the action is on WF; yet, the line remains at 7.5, where the game opened; that's a red flag that the smart money is on Charlotte. Not sure why it would be.

Back