• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Can I F—k With Him? —Trump’s War on Amazon and the Washington Post

distinctions in things are unimportant, obviously

Distinctions between what?

Small business: one that has lots of revenue...or profit...not sure but I think it's one that "makes money"?
Big business: ???

funny, i never once made that argument.
That's fair, you just derailed a conversation about Amazon to argue that some businesses which gross >20 million dollars are considered "small". It was a very important point to you for some reason, important enough for you to avoid talking about Amazon.

no, i jumped in when someone else pointed out that it's worth considering the effects of legislation on smaller businesses when we're out slaying dragons

it's not my fault you guys don't give a shit about nuance

no, i jumped in when someone else pointed out that it's worth considering the effects of legislation on smaller businesses when we're out slaying dragons

it's not my fault you guys don't give a shit about nuance
The nuance of calling a >20 million dollar business a small business. Your concern for >20 million dollar small businesses is noted.

We’re all clear here on the very basic difference between revenue and profit right?

let's be honest, MDMH doesn't give a shit because any business inherently concentrates capital and is therefore a problem. to him, a $20mm revenue business or a $2mm business or $200k business are all the same part of a rigged system.

let's be honest, MDMH doesn't give a shit because any business inherently concentrates capital and is therefore a problem. to him, a $20mm revenue business or a $2mm business or $200k business are all the same part of a rigged system.
Yeah yeah fuck me up with that nuance, fam. I definitely don't differentiate between 200k & 20mill. Very impressive of you to interpret my opinion with such accuracy.

and yet you didn't correct me there nor evinced any nuance re: business size other than to say, quite often, that "size" doesn't really matter

Trump's obsession with having informants in his campaign may cause him to blow up the FBI and CIA. If people's identities can't be protected, no one will help the U.S. Trump is making our country far more at risk by the day.

The reality is that he doesn't give a fuck about America, never has and never will. If he has fuck the entire country to give himself cover for anything, he'll do it in heartbeat and never feel bad about the deaths he will cause. As long as he is OK, everyone else can die.

and yet you didn't correct me there nor evinced any nuance re: business size other than to say, quite often, that "size" doesn't really matter
Honestly, is there any point in "correcting you"? You're just going to incessantly quibble with whatever I say about "small business". I just wish you could be intellectually honest and acknowledge that a belief in progressive (by size) taxation is by it's very nature a nuanced consideration. Instead you want to be pedantic. Notice that i've never gotten up in your ass about your definition of small business, or regular business, or jumbo business. Because it doesn't matter.

how can you claim it's simple pedantry when we started this because you think it's appropriate to treat a company with a revenue around $20mm the same as Amazon.

how can you claim it's simple pedantry when we started this because you think it's appropriate to treat a company with a revenue around $20mm the same as Amazon.
It's a head tax, per employee. Unless that 20mm company has 10,000 employees its not the same. Also, you're arguing with the fucking Seattle city council and all the other thousands of people who came and protested Amazon in support of the bill. I didn't write up the damn thing. When you speak about it, you should do so in consideration that the people of Seattle by and large want the damn bill passed.

Back