• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Can I F—k With Him? —Trump’s War on Amazon and the Washington Post

This sorta seems like elkman yelling at people for wanting gun control without knowing the definitions of certain rifles. Do you think the larger point, that most small business pull in less than 20 mil in revenue, is wrong?

i don't think that's true at all. im not saying he doesn't understand the topic b/c of pedantic details between models. i'm asking him what he feels is a small business. he claimed 'neolibs' have watered the term down to meaninglessness. i'm asking for clarification because a grocery store can pull in $10-15 million in revenue. If it's family owned, is that small?

it's not semantics to wonder what your metrics are when you're out there waiving the red flag claiming everything is awful and corrupt.
I don't see any purpose in debating you about the upper parameter of "small" in regards to business size. That's pointless. There are a hundred different ways you could evaluate the size of a business for tax purposes, but reasonable people should agree that businesses bringing in AT LEAST 20 million in yearly revenue aren't small in regards of the proposed tax.

i don't think that's true at all. im not saying he doesn't understand the topic b/c of pedantic details between models. i'm asking him what he feels is a small business. he claimed 'neolibs' have watered the term down to meaninglessness. i'm asking for clarification because a grocery store can pull in $10-15 million in revenue. If it's family owned, is that small?

The old "I'm not doing something. Now I'm going to do it." post.

You try to bring me into the weeds on nearly every argument regarding economics because you have no rebuttal or defense of the corporate driven inequity that you seem to support. Why should I write you a fucking thesis when your entire philosophy amounts to "corporations are people too"? Seattle has rampant homelessness, their city counsel proposed to help remedy their problem by taxing their largest businesses. I agree with the Seattle council. Don't bullshit by breaking down the entire argument into me personally being ignorant about the parameters of what a small business is. You're purposefully avoiding the larger debate with that petty shit, which is a very typical jhmd debate manuever I might add.

Probably just poking the bear.

By the way, we’re talking $20mil in revenue not $20mil in profits right? Vast difference.

The old "I'm not doing something. Now I'm going to do it." post.

he's the one who said sizing a business is a meaningless term and then calls legislation ridiculous when it doesn't address his concerns

Probably just poking the bear.

By the way, we’re talking $20mil in revenue not $20mil in profits right? Vast difference.

If it's a small business, is it going to have a ton of expenses?

Jesus Christ. I posted about Amazon basically holding the city of Seattle hostage with a huge unfinished downtown construction site and thousands of proposed jobs on the line over a 15 million proposed tax to help the homeless, in the same week that Jeff Bezos said that the only way he could spend his fortune was to go to outer space. Out of alllll that, ITC focuses the entire goddamned thread on the definition of "small business". Fucking jhmd redux.

You know what, maybe ITC is right in spirit. Maybe this whole issue hinges on the 20 million detail. Amazon wouldnt have protested at say a ...30 million parameter. That has to be it. The golden goose is unharmed with a tax on 30 million and above.

Jesus Christ. I posted about Amazon basically holding the city of Seattle hostage with a huge unfinished downtown construction site and thousands of proposed jobs on the line over a 15 million proposed tax to help the homeless, in the same week that Jeff Bezos said that the only way he could spend his fortune was to go to outer space. Out of alllll that, ITC focuses the entire goddamned thread on the definition of "small business". Fucking jhmd redux.

i mean, i just disagreed with the fact that you can blow off the concerns of small business owners with legitimate concerns so you can score a point against jeff bezos

Yeah, i'm really going out on a limb there, huh? You corporate neolibs have spun the terms "middle class" and "small business" into meaninglessness. Whatever it takes to keep taxes and regulation down.

Dude 20 mil in revenue is a small business. I know you don’t learn that shit working for tmobile but damn man.

he's the one who said sizing a business is a meaningless term and then calls legislation ridiculous when it doesn't address his concerns

I mean, isn’t the argument in relation to the Seattle tax ordinance and Amazon stans?

i mean, i just disagreed with the fact that you can blow off the concerns of small business owners with legitimate concerns so you can score a point against jeff bezos
1. When you're including >20 million dollar businesses in "small business concerns" then I have absolutely no interest in debating you on those grounds because thats fucking ridiculous. I'm not going to answer your stupid rhetorical questions. I wont do it.
2. Again, we're talking about Seattle and the concerns of their city. When you continually choose to dismiss these societal concerns of poverty and inequality as just petty personal grievances against rich people, why should I believe that you actually have any fucking clue what we're talking about? Do you believe the Seattle city council proposed this tax because they have a personal grievance againat Jeff Bezos? Exactly how disengenious are you willing to be?

Back