• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Can I F—k With Him? —Trump’s War on Amazon and the Washington Post

Yeah, fuck Jeff Bezos

Such a horrible take. What is absurd is Seattle's proposed employee head tax on big businesses. The proposed tax basically comes down to the 500 largest businesses in Seattle having pay $.26 per hour per employee tax. So roughly a quarter every hour to pay for affordable and homeless housing. Good luck with recruiting and/or keeping the biggest companies in Seattle if that passes.

Last edited:
Seems like a blunt instrument to use that probably wouldn’t address the real problem.

Such a horrible take. What is absurd is Seattle's proposed employee head tax on big businesses. The proposed tax basically comes down to the 500 largest businesses in Seattle having pay $.26 per hour per employee tax. So roughly a quarter every hour to pay for affordable and homeless housing. Good luck with recruiting and/or keeping the biggest companies in Seattle if that passes.
It is absurd, the national government should be imposing the tax so that "largest businesses" can't play individual states against each other. Any business that allows a single person to become a billionaire should be taxed to the goddamned hilt.

It is absurd, the national government should be imposing the tax so that "largest businesses" can't play individual states against each other. Any business that allows a single person to become a billionaire should be taxed to the goddamned hilt.

Good point MDMH, don’t just fuck over Seattle businesses, fuck over all of American businesses. Nobodies rich if everyone is poor.

Good point MDMH, don’t just fuck over Seattle businesses, fuck over all of American businesses. Nobodies rich if everyone is poor.
Its hyperbolic shit like this that causes people not to take conservatives like you seriously.

"Under the proposal, companies pulling in more than $20 million a year in the city would have to pay 26 cents for each hour worked by a local employee. This head tax would apply next year and in 2020, after which it would be replaced by a 0.7% payroll tax."

I know the word "tax" fills your adult diaper up, but Jeff Bezos shouldn't go on the record saying he doesnt know how to spend his 130 billion.

The Seattle tax is such bullshit. It also affects a lot of small businesses. I read one quote where the owner was like "I coach my kids baseball team on the weekends. Besos builds rockets. How are we at all similar?"

Seattle is going to kill the Golden goose. HQ2 will become HQ1. Liberalism gone wild.

The tax impacts the 3% of businesses with the highest revenues in Seattle. Small businesses are exempt.

And, again, they all just got a cut in their federal taxes.

The Seattle tax is such bullshit. It also affects a lot of small businesses. I read one quote where the owner was like "I coach my kids baseball team on the weekends. Besos builds rockets. How are we at all similar?"

Seattle is going to kill the Golden goose. HQ2 will become HQ1. Liberalism gone wild.
"small businesses" do not make 20 million yearly in revenue. Save that propaganda for the uniformed fox news crew.

The tax is literally 25¢ an hour per employee. "Killing the golden goose" gtfoh

lol clueless
Yeah, i'm really going out on a limb there, huh? You corporate neolibs have spun the terms "middle class" and "small business" into meaninglessness. Whatever it takes to keep taxes and regulation down.

what is allowed to be considered small, medium, and large in your expert opinion

what is a small business in your mind, then?
I get your logic. In a world where you are a "liberal", a 20 million dollar business is "small".

Moving on from your attempt at defending this stupid shit with semantics, the vast majority of Seattle businesses subject to the tax make a lot more than 20mill in revenue. So exactly how far are you willing to stretch that logic?

I get your logic. In a world where you are a "liberal", a 20 million dollar business is "small".

Moving on from your attempt at defending this stupid shit with semantics, the vast majority of Seattle businesses subject to the tax make a lot more than 20mill in revenue. So exactly how far are you willing to stretch that logic?

it's not semantics to wonder what your metrics are when you're out there waiving the red flag claiming everything is awful and corrupt.

what is allowed to be considered small, medium, and large in your expert opinion

This sorta seems like elkman yelling at people for wanting gun control without knowing the definitions of certain rifles. Do you think the larger point, that most small business pull in less than 20 mil in revenue, is wrong?

Back