• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The ACC - 2018-19 Basketball

Ah yeah, missed that.

Sadly, Alvarado is going to be basically on his own most of next season. Unless Okogie returns (unlikely) we're going to be pretty crap.

Yeah, I posted similar info for Players 101+ on the recruiting thread. Alvarado was one of a few players outside the Top 100 that played a lot of minutes and exceeded all reasonable expectations. Others: Brissett (Cuse), Beverly (NCSU), Mitchell (BC)... Also worth mentioning Dolezaj (Cuse) and a few guys on Pittsburgh (who mostly played out of necessity, not skill).

Post #5076 on 2K19 recruiting thread.

The only bit of evidence is Crawford's statement that he was putting his name in the NBA draft. He hasn't taken it out as of this message. He hasn't been reported as seen on campus. Until there are some reports of him properly attending to academics this spring, I'm not counting on him for fall.
lol

yeah, honestly the thought of Crawford taking his studies seriously over the past 3-5 months makes me chuckle. I have no reason to believe he isn't a smart dude and good student, but one would imagine he's been preoccupied and more than likely hasn't given a damn about what's going on around campus.

That Buzz Williams guy, though...

Buzz is still making offers for this year, despite not having any schollys available (using the VC chart as a guide. If you add in Sy, Outlaw, and the 3 commits, I have the Hokies at 1 over the limit).

Lavar Batts Jr. transferring from State.

Lavar Batts Jr. transferring from State.

Worst kept secret in the world. Was the 3rd PG on the team (with fellow freshman Beverly the preferred freshman PG) and another freshman PG already transferring in with Blake Harris. Personally, I don't like the baggage that Harris brings with him and would have preferred that K^2 would have found a way to work it out with Batts and not worry about Harris but i'm good letting him do his thing as he sees fit. It's gone well so far. Batt's will be a really good pickup for someone if he can just refine his shooting a bit. Just too many PG's in front of him at NCSU and I totally get moving somewhere else.

I got a couple texts Crawford wasn’t on campus. Hitting the bottom happens in life. WF isn’t responding and making efforts to fix our institutional problem. That isn’t acceptable.

Assuming he has been in good standing academically up to this point, couldn't he just take this semester as an incomplete, and then pick back up in summer school? I have no idea - just asking. It seems that it would be pretty hard to stay in school during a period if you are doing work-outs out, training, etc. out of town.

NCSU is adding 10 new players this year.

That’s nuts.

4 2018 freshmen
1 JUCO
3 transfers
2 grad transfers

I got a couple texts Crawford wasn’t on campus. Hitting the bottom happens in life. WF isn’t responding and making efforts to fix our institutional problem. That isn’t acceptable.

Looks like Wake will have a completely new starting 5.
BChill
Johnson
Mucius
Hoard
Sarr

Brown is probably going to be our best player this year, regardless of what Crawford does.

I guess Hoard could be in the discussion, but those seem like too lofty of expectations for a freshman.

*I still very much want Crawford back.

Brown is probably going to be our best player this year, regardless of what Crawford does.

I guess Hoard could be in the discussion, but those seem like too lofty of expectations for a freshman.

*I still very much want Crawford back.

It will be interesting to see which of those three is Wake's best player.
4 star soph Chaundee Brown who had a good freshman season, 5 star Jaylen Hoard or senior Bryant Crawford.

I'm with you on Chaundee making the freshman to sophomore jump and being really good. As you noted, tough to predict how quickly frosh adapt to the college game.

With Crawford it will be about operator head space adjustment. Does he want to be TEAM MVP and really work to make his team mates better or does he just want to be MV me?

Jay Williams isn't playing tonight, either, right?

Back