• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The ACC - 2018-19 Basketball

Since this is an ACC thread, and this wasn't posted, I thought I would add it. Since the OP started this, Virginia has added two players to its roster. Francisco Caffaro, a 7'0", 233 lbs. center from Argentina, by way of the NBA Global Academy in Australia will be a true frosh next year. UVa also accepted Alabama transfer Braxton Key, a 6'8", 225 lb forward. Key will sit next season, and he will have two years of eligibility remaining in the fall of '19. Key was originally recruited by Bennett in the summer of '15, but when De'Andre Hunter committed, Virginia quit pursuing him. Conventional wisdom says Hunter will enter the draft next spring, so Key should help fill that void. Also, not noted earlier, Frankie Badocchi, 6'7", 185 lbs (last summer) will be a redshirt first year next fall.

Good info, but the reason none of that is on the first post is because none of those guys fit the criteria for a mention.

Didn’t mention any transfers who aren’t eligible to play this season or non-Top 100 frosh.

But still good info and relevant to the topic.

I think we’re only waiting on “NBA” decisions from 4 ACC players:

Tyus Battle (likely gone)
Torin Dorn (likely will return)
Bryant Crawford (who the fuck knows)
Ky Bowman (who the fuck cares)

Anything that makes BC go back to a guaranteed W is good by me. Hope Bowman bolts.

Crawford has kept a very low profile throughout the whole eval process. Answers this week.

Expected, but Torin Dorn officially back for his senior year at NCSU.

Crawford gone.

No official word from Ky Bowman, but it sounds like he's coming back to BC.

Nothing on Tyus Battle yet. Have to think he's leaving, though.

Given all of the departures from the program I think that you could make a strong case that Wake should be worse next season.

Given all of the departures from the program I think that you could make a strong case that Wake should be worse next season.

But we have a Top OK recruiting class! And freshman are dependable, especially when relied upon to carry a team!

Battle and Bowman both coming back.

Ugh.

Syracuse will be pretty good... Returning everyone and adding some depth.

BC will suck, but less than they would have without Bowman.

Bowman is fun to watch. The Tyrese Rice of his time.

Back