• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Former Ga Tech football player and current WWE superstar Roman Reigns, Joe Anoa’i, just announced on Raw he has Leukemia. Actually he had it 11 years right after college and after treatment it has been in remission until now. Thoughts and prayers to him, his wife and kids. Beat it again Roman!

He actually was a starter on defense for the Tech team we beat in the 2006 ACC title game.

I was there. It was absolutely amazing. The environment...the story about Tyler Trent...the way the Boilers played. What a moment. My Purdue grad wife still can't believe it really happened.

+49

Unusual week of football for the ACC in that we have both a Thursday night game and a Friday night game.

We have the usual Tech vs Tech Thursday nighter with this one being in Blacksburg. The Hokies are a 3 pt favorite.

Friday night Miami visits Boston College and surprisingly the Hurricanes are at -3.5? I think I like BC in this one as the Canes are overrated.

GT taking it to VT in Blacksburg.
Currently 35-21 and all of GT's offense is rushing. 0 yds passing.
It's a clinic on running the option.

App State lose starting QB on opening drive, getting worked since then. That ranking didn’t last long

VT may get the ball two more times at this rate.

Sounds like the '71 Wake team. The DB's had almost as many catches as the WR's.

It's now 49-21 and many of the VT fans have gone or are leaving.
35 straight points for GT and still not a single yard passing.
VT's defense ain't what it used to be.

Meanwhile, West Virginia squeaks by Baylor 58-14 and Will Grier didn't even play in the 4th quarter

Their starter tonight was their second stringer. Considering, that was a lot of points to lay.

The refs were atrocious to start the game. No call on a blatant hit to the head on Zach Thomas that put him in concussion protocol, then had their starting LB sent off on a very close targeting on GSU's QB on the next series. So they played 99% of this game without their No.1 QB, RB, and LB. No call on a pretty obvious kick catch interference that gave the ball to Southern deep inside ASU territory and a next play TD. Flags on every App possession in the first half, yes every one. By the time App got to the half almost everything that could have gone wrong did, and the backup QB looked like Bambi in front of a Freighter until he was finally pulled. They will still have a shot at the Sun Belt assuming Thomas doesn't miss extended time for his concussion. Georgia Southern will lose at least two games and they get Troy at home.

I'm loving that the Hokies are taking the L big tonight, I have some very mouthy UVA neighbors that are super excited right now. They will lose to Virginia Tech like they do every year and miss the ACCCG in the process.

The non-interference call on the punt return was terrible, but the hit on the GaSo QB was the definition of targeting

The non-interference call on the punt return was terrible, but the hit on the GaSo QB was the definition of targeting

I thought he got him in the high chest area. That didn't decide the game either way, nor did any of the other calls or missed calls. I think ZT getting hurt doomed the Mountaineers tonight.

Back