• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

1. Alabama (8-0, SEC)

2. Clemson (8-0, ACC)

3. LSU (7-1, SEC)

4. Notre Dame (8-0, Independent)

5. Michigan (7-1, Big Ten)

6. Georgia (7-1, SEC)

7. Oklahoma (7-1, Big 12)

8. Washington State (7-1, Pac-12)

9. Kentucky (7-1, SEC)

10. Ohio State (7-1, Big Ten)

Alabama v. LSU is the huge game of the weekend (LSU +14.5). LSU could be summarily eliminated from the playoff if they lose as expected. I have a hard time believing there's a path for them to make it with two losses, despite playing a tougher schedule than anyone else. If LSU wins this thing is could become a mess, especially if a one-loss Georgia team wins a potential rematch in the SECCG (which would make LSU a two-loss team yet again). If Alabama somehow loses, they could be in trouble due to their weak schedule.

Clemson is legit. They've cleaned up the QB position and should win all remaining games by at least 3-4 touchdowns. 40-point favorite v. Louisville this weekend.

ND and Michigan are garbage. They've turned in mediocre performances against weak schedules. ND is on upset watch against fucking Northwestern (who lost to Duke) (NW +9.5 at home). The committee let it be known that they aren't impressed with ND eeking out wins against Vandy and Pitt, but their hands appear to be tied as the schedule is good enough to earn a spot. I don't see Michigan winning both v PSU and at tOSU. I'm not sure how Penn State is a 10.5 point home underdog in this game. Currently on a collision course with mighty Northwestern in the B1GCG (FFS). ND offense is improved with Book, but it's hard to tell how much after a 19-14 win v. Pitt. Michigan offense is tough to watch.

Georgia really shit the bed against LSU. No shame in losing that game in Baton Rouge, but they didn't play well and that will be used against them in the future, should they win out and land in the SECCG. Big game at Kentucky this weekend, but UK's offense has been spotty all year, especially at QB, and now the running game is questionable with an injury to the RG. Kentucky will have a ton of emotion as this is the first time in forever they've played an important game in November, still it's Georgia -9.5. It's Jake Fromm's team the rest of the way and he will have to make the big throws. Georgia's defense has to keep getting better, which it did against Florida, but still must improve.

OU has a potentially tough game in Lubbock against TTU this weekend but they're a 13 point favorite. The Texas loss and the Army game will probably keep them out of the playoff, but I guess they still have a shot if they win out. There is a bit of an eye-test problem for Oklahoma.

PAC-12 should spend all of its time lobbying for an 8-team playoff because they don't have a team that's even close to making a four-team playoff.

Kentucky has no shot at the playoff.

tOSU still has life.

Biff has returned to posting only 18 days after his favorite bunch of 18-22 year olds lost a football game.

What a triumph of the human condition. Anything is possible

Penn State has been exposed over recent weeks. They lost at home to Michigan State (who Michigan dominated); edged a bad Indiana team, and were very lucky to beat Iowa (Iowa threw a mindless pick on first goal down 6 in the game's final minutes). Penn State may cover the number, but hard to see Penn State beating Michigan on Saturday.

The last couple Michigan lines the common thought has been why are they favored by that much. vs. Wisky -10, @ MSU -7. But they covered both times.

Also just joshin' Biff, good to have you back! Not being a diehard WF football fan seems wise doe given how hard you take UGA losses

They're not. The game is in Ann Arbor.

Yeah, I meant to edit that along with a couple of typos. Guess I forgot. Still, Michigan is not really a scoring machine. McSorley may not be 100% for PSU though.

LSU have any chance to pull the upset this weekend? Even ranked 4th in nation, this would be a monumental upset.

Yeah, I meant to edit that along with a couple of typos. Guess I forgot. Still, Michigan is not really a scoring machine. McSorley may not be 100% for PSU though.

Others have already pointed this out, but PSU's defense is bad, probably bad enough to let a mediocre Michigan offense put up some numbers. Also, Michigan's defense is legit, maybe the best in the country. I think most people are probably looking at the fourteenth ranked team getting double digits and think that's too much, especially to a Michigan team that has been under the radar since losing to ND in week 1, but I think Michigan is the play.

LSU have any chance to pull the upset this weekend? Even ranked 4th in nation, this would be a monumental upset.

Not really much chance for LSU imo. They'll need to get turnovers, control the clock, and ultimately score a bunch of touchdowns. I think they played their best game against Georgia and don't know if they can do it again. And they're ranked 3rd.

BTW Alabama has a 17-6 turnover margin. Tua has ZERO interceptions and Hurts has two.

The way I see it, everyone is just standing around waiting to see if anyone can make Alabama see their own blood and how they respond. Then maybe the whole season becomes interesting.

Weird things happen at LSU at night. They don't lose much. Their DBs are really good (as always). I think they have a shot. Geux Jeaux Burreaux.

Alabama will lose to LSU, LSU will lose to A&M, Alabama will wax UGA in the championship, Alabama the only SEC team that makes it with everyone else sitting at two losses, and we end up Alabama vs Notre Dame and everyone can go to bed early again.

Alabama will lose to LSU, LSU will lose to A&M, Alabama will wax UGA in the championship, Alabama the only SEC team that makes it with everyone else sitting at two losses, and we end up Alabama vs Notre Dame and everyone can go to bed early again.

So you think the committee is going to match Alabama up against Clemson in the semifinals? Because ND isn't better then Clemson.

Back