• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

I read that as Bama and ND would play in the semi. ND prolly winds up 4th regardless though at 12-0, unless the committee has to dig into two-loss teams to make four

I read that as Bama and ND would play in the semi. ND prolly winds up 4th regardless though at 12-0, unless the committee has to dig into two-loss teams to make four

Nah, ND is already 4th with a 1-loss team in front of them. If LSU loses, ND moves up to 3rd and stays there until conference championship game weekend.

I think Michigan's offense has improved significantly since the ND loss. Big Ten needs either Michigan or Ohio State to win out.

Wazzou probably has no shot at remaining a one-loss team.

Still tough for me to really have an opinion on the Top 4 teams w/ 6 weeks to go. Anyone w/ one-loss probably still has a shot if they win out. Because other teams are going to lose and fall back.

I mean, UGA/UK is an elimination game. So is Michigan/OSU.

I'm sure the committee is hoping that Bama & Clemson make it through the regular season undefeated, because otherwise it is going to be a shit show.

If ND loses a game and Michigan doesn't, does Michigan jump them given they've lost the H2H matchup? Probably, but there are some folks that will complain.

So much left to settle.

Nah, ND is already 4th with a 1-loss team in front of them. If LSU loses, ND moves up to 3rd and stays there until conference championship game weekend.

Agreed, though I think ultimately a 1-loss Big Ten or Big 12 champ jumps ND. But they won't leave a 12-0 ND team out so they get the 4th spot.

So we're most likely looking at ND-Bama in the 8 PM semi, unless Bama loses a game, Gossett's chaos scenario plays out or ND loses a game (plz plz)

Urban Meyer has a cyst in his brain.

Meyer detailed the severity of the arachnoid cyst, which has caused issues to flare up the past two years. The cyst causes frequent pain on the left side of his head, he said. He said it was responsible for him dropping to his knees on the sideline against Indiana earlier this month.

Meyer said, "I am fully committed to Ohio State, the football program, as long as I can."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25128672/urban-meyer-ohio-state-buckeyes-details-brain-cysts-cause-headaches

Urban Meyer has a cyst in his brain.

Meyer detailed the severity of the arachnoid cyst, which has caused issues to flare up the past two years. The cyst causes frequent pain on the left side of his head, he said. He said it was responsible for him dropping to his knees on the sideline against Indiana earlier this month.

Meyer said, "I am fully committed to Ohio State, the football program, as long as I can."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25128672/urban-meyer-ohio-state-buckeyes-details-brain-cysts-cause-headaches

Yeaaaaaah right. I’d like to see the diagnosis. Wouldn’t be the first time he faked a medical issue.

Meyer is the worst kind of scumbag. Not surprised this came out a week after another blowout loss to a middling team.

Notre Dame is going to lose to Northwestern this weekend.

Yeaaaaaah right. I’d like to see the diagnosis. Wouldn’t be the first time he faked a medical issue.

Meyer is the worst kind of scumbag. Not surprised this came out a week after another blowout loss to a middling team.

He had brain surgery in 2014 to try to correct the problem. You think that was all a hoax? Let's add it to your list of freezing cold takes.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's not the had coach at OSU next year, though.

Meyer may suck as a human being, but his next loss at OSU will be his 10th. This is his 7th season. That's pretty good.

I definitely don't think he'll resign (or get fired) due to losing, even if OSU tanks the rest of the season. It seems like the stress, cyst, Zach Smith fiasco, etc. has made him a shell of his former self, similar to the end of his reign at UF. H

is family has the framed letter from him (part of the "changed man" stuff) saying if coaching caused issues with his health or family life again, he had to quit. Guessing we're nearing that point.

So if he quits, where will he coach next year?

UCF playing its first game this year again yea team with a winning record. Losing to Temple 17-14 with a minute left in the first quarter. Offenses look good. Defenses look bad.

Back