• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

The defending national champs are sure having a tough time with Temple

Temple up 34-28 at half and almost 800 yds of total offense in the game so far.
Fun to watch.
In a way, both of these teams resemble Wake in that they may need 60 points to win.

Temple up 34-28 at half and almost 800 yds of total offense in the game so far.
Fun to watch.
In a way, both of these teams resemble Wake in that they may need 60 points to win.
I'm friends with the Temple defensive coordinator, it would be so freaking cool to see them pull this win out. Temple's D has been solid this year.

I'm friends with the Temple defensive coordinator, it would be so freaking cool to see them pull this win out. Temple's D has been solid this year.

Temple's offense isn't to shabby either. They had 670 yds last night.
A shame they couldn't pull off the upset, but it was a fun game to watch, especially the first half

UCF looks like a Big 12 team that would finish with four losses. I don't think they're as good as they were last year either. Now if they were actually in the Big 12, maybe they could recruit some bigger defensive players andreally build that team. Oklahoma would beat them by three touchdowns.

UCF looks like a Big 12 team that would finish with four losses. I don't think they're as good as they were last year either. Now if they were actually in the Big 12, maybe they could recruit some bigger defensive players andreally build that team. Oklahoma would beat them by three touchdowns.

As much as I'm for the little guy getting a chance, UCF certainly would get embarrassed by Bama and Clemson and probably wouldn't be competitive with ND or whoever the 4th team in the playoff might be. They might would play a competitive game against somebody like an LSU since LSU doesn't have a potent offense, but it would be a real shock to them to play against a really good defense.

That said, they are fun to watch and that program has come such a long way since going O-fer a few years ago.

LSU would score 40-50 points on UCF. No problem.

Is anyone still arguing that UCF should be in the conversation for the playoff? If so, I don't hear it.

Agree that they are clearly worse than last year. Losing good players and a great coach will do that. Having said that, they are still undefeated... Why the hate?

LSU scored 36 on UGA... Of course they could score 40-50 on UCF. Is that a hot take?

2018 offical College Football thread

People said Auburn would beat UCF last year too. An undefeated top 12 team deserves a shot.

Last edited:
Is anyone still arguing that UCF should be in the conversation for the playoff? If so, I don't hear it.

Agree that they are clearly worse than last year. Losing good players and a great coach will do that. Having said that, they are still undefeated... Why the hate?

LSU scored 36 on UGA... Of course they could score 40-50 on UCF. Is that a hot take?

Was responding to liveanddie's post that UCF would play a competitive game against LSU because LSU doesn't have a potent offense.

People said Auburn would beat UCF last year too. An undefeated top 12 team deserves a shot.

Don't put so much stock in exhibition games. Last year's team was better than this year's team. UCF's current signature win is against a Temple that will probably go 6-6. They just don't play anybody. If the season plays out as expected they'll have a chance to beat a ranked Houston team that might be 11-1 with a 63-49 loss to Texas Tech. Oklahoma is -13.5 points this weekend at Texas Tech.

If it were an 8-team playoff I'd totally be in favor of them being in at 12-0.

Because I really don't like Auburn, that game was very enjoyable.

And I won't make excuses for Auburn, but they clearly didn't give a shit about that game after how the end of the season played out for them. No disrespect to UCF... They played a great game and beat Auburn soundly. No excuses... A W is a W.

But they aren't one of the 4 best teams in the country this year. I agree with Biff... Throw them in an 8 team playoff, but there is no way they should sniff the Top 4.

I'm not dismissing them... If they end up undefeated and you have some 2 loss teams trying to get into the playoff, I'd take UCF every time. But if we're talking undefeated Alabama, Clemson, and Notre Dame with a couple of other 1-loss teams (and probably conference champions) vying for the 4th spot... UCF gets left out and it isn't even close.

Auburn led that game with 1:31 left in the third quarter and it was tied with 11:37 left. Auburn got outscored 21-7 in the final 20 minutes.

How exciting would that Alabama (1)v. UCF (8) matchup be ? It wouldn't be exciting and a better team would wind up in some meaningless bowl game.

Auburn led that game with 1:31 left in the third quarter and it was tied with 11:37 left. Auburn got outscored 21-7 in the final 20 minutes.

How exciting would that Alabama (1)v. UCF (8) matchup be ? It wouldn't be exciting and a better team would wind up in some meaningless bowl game.

I can't imagine that Bama vs. any 8-seed would be an entertaining game.

But yeah.

Yeah, but which of these three games would you rather watch, because you think it might be a good matchup ?

Alabama v. Oklahoma (7)
Alabama v. Ohio State (8)
Alabama v. UCF (9) (How did they get to 9 ?)

Deserves a shot at what? They have beaten one team with a winning record: Temple (who lost to FCS Villanova and Buffalo).

If not Temple, what is UCF's best win? Pitt? Pitt lost to UNC and to Penn State by 45.

The idea that being undefeated matters when a team plays crappy teams is insane. There are literally 25 teams that would be undefeated with UCF's schedule. According to Sagarin ratings UCF is #29 in the country and their best win is over #54 Temple. Can't reward a team when they have played only trash. Schedule UGA or Clemson or Oklahoma; get that win, and then, you might be in the conversation despite playing in a weak conference.

Last edited:
You don’t think UCF wants to play Clemson or Oklahoma? Of course they do.

We need an up to 8 team system. Each P5 conference champ and the top G5 conference champ. Two spots can go to a top 8 ND and another top 12 G5 conference champ if they are ranked that high. Otherwise they are byes.

Deserves a shot at what? They have beaten one team with a winning record: Temple (who lost to FCS Villanova and Buffalo).

If not Temple, what is UCF's best win? Pitt? Pitt lost to UNC and to Penn State by 45.

The idea that being undefeated matters when a team plays crappy teams is insane. There are literally 25 teams that would be undefeated with UCF's schedule. According to Sagarin ratings UCF is #29 in the country and their best win is over #54 Temple. Can't reward a team when they have not played only trash. Schedule UGA or Clemson or Oklahoma; get that win, and then, you might be in the conversation despite playing in a weak conference.

A couple of things,

If Pitt wins tonight v. UVA, they control their own destiny in the ACC Coastal. If they run the gauntlet of UVa, VT, Wake Forest, and Miami, they will play Clemson for the ACC Championship. They may not even need to win all of those games.

A number of teams would probably be undefeated against the schedules that Alabama and Clemson have played so far too, with the best victories coming against Texas A&M (both) and Syracuse. But their schedules are still better than UCF's, so far AND Going Forward.

Nobody's really wants to schedule UCF. Their only hope is that the Big 12 wants to expand into Florida.

Otherwise I agree with everything you just said.

You don’t think UCF wants to play Clemson or Oklahoma? Of course they do.

We need an up to 8 team system. Each P5 conference champ and the top G5 conference champ. Two spots can go to a top 8 ND and another top 12 G5 conference champ if they are ranked that high. Otherwise they are byes.

If that's the way this thing starts getting played out, the committee needs to start being more honest about how good UCF is with the eye test. They're not the 8th best team in the country.

Adding to the above post because I can't edit.

UCF is #12 in College Football Playoff Rankings and #9 in the AP, which is ridiculous. AP should drop them after last night.

Back