• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Why? They started out slow against a mediocre team and won by double digits. Plenty of top 10 teams have games like that.

Temple is barely mediocre and UCF's defense is horrid. That's why.

If Temple is #54, they are firmly mediocre. That’s almost exactly in the middle.

And I really doubt the Big 12 will be looking at UCF because they don't travel worth a shit and they don't come close to filling their 44,000-seat home stadium despite having 55,000 students. There's too much risk with them turning back into a bad team playing in an empty stadium.

If Temple is #54, they are firmly mediocre. That’s almost exactly in the middle.

So if you're best win is against a mediocre team you should be complaining about not being in the top ten in the rankings ? Rate Temple any way you like --firmly mediocre or barely mediocre. Doesn't matter.

So, BC, Cuse, State, and UVA are terribly overrated compared to FPI/Sagarin in the playoff rankings, by an average of 16 (!!) spots. People are speculating it's because Beamer is the most respected and influential committee member this year, similar to Alvarez a couple years ago when the B1G was overrated. Should be an interesting bowl season.

So, BC, Cuse, State, and UVA are terribly overrated compared to FPI/Sagarin in the playoff rankings, by an average of 16 (!!) spots. People are speculating it's because Beamer is the most respected and influential committee member this year, similar to Alvarez a couple years ago when the B1G was overrated. Should be an interesting bowl season.

Is that really going to affect bowl seeding though ?

None of those teams are going to make a New Year's 6 bowl and they'll just be slotted in their ACC tie-in slots, right ? Syracuse is the highest ranked of all of those at 19.

Is that really going to affect bowl seeding though ?

None of those teams are going to make a New Year's 6 bowl and they'll just be slotted in their ACC tie-in slots, right ? Syracuse is the highest ranked of all of those at 19.

I was mostly just talking about whether ACC teams will get boat raced and the conference will have a terrible bowl record, or prove to be legit.

UCF scheduled mediocre ACC (Pitt and UNC) and Big 10 (Maryland) teams, not because they couldn't schedule Oklahoma and Bama, because they were awful (0-12 in 2015) and had no idea that they would be a ranked team in 2017-8. UCF played Michigan in 2016 (and lost 51-14). UCF could play a stronger schedule; they just had no idea that they would be even decent when schedules are made. Would be better if teams didn't schedule so far in advance, but the fact is that UCF lacks the resume to be in the playoff.

Are you assuming these games were scheduled in 2015 or did you research it ? And I doubt they believed UNC-CH would be this bad when they scheduled them. Lastly, OU and UA aren't about to schedule UCF today.

Are you assuming these games were scheduled in 2015 or did you research it ? And I doubt they believed UNC-CH would be this bad when they scheduled them. Lastly, OU and UA aren't about to schedule UCF today.

Not sure the date that the OOC games were scheduled, but UCF has been up and down over the last 10 years (5 losing seasons; 5 winning seasons). Over that time, they have played Penn State (twice), Ohio State, Michigan, Stanford, Miami and Texas (twice). So, they can schedule big time teams. When you say that OU won't schedule UCF today, not buying that. UCF was 12-1 in 2013 and won the Fiesta Bowl; yet, still played Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan after that. If it makes financial sense, teams will play anyone. The problem is that the next open date may be 2022, and by then, UCF will likely suck.

Pitt, who lost 51-7 at Penn State and 45-14 at UCF, has a chance to essentially wrap up the Coastal with a win next week vs. VT plus one of two at WF and Miami

they could also lose their last 3 and miss a bowl game

Last edited:
Which means they’re almost certainly going to lose next week. At different points this season, I’m pretty sure everyone but UNC and GT has been in that position and then they all shit the bed the next week.

Rice lost to UTEP both teams are now Rice is now 1-9. and UTEP is now 1-8.

I wonder what the Rice message boards are like this morning.

Last edited:
Back