• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

They went 7-8-1 last year and have a 3rd place schedule this year. The rest of their division is declining. They have to be considered a contender to at least make the playoffs.

As a fan of an AFCN team, I would put the Browns as favorites over the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals in that order. Jackson has a ton of growing to do as a QB, and the Steelers didn't move the ball well without Brown against a terrible Cincy D in the last game that they had to have. We'll see just how good Juju is if he's the 1 drawing double coverage. The Bengals could be going downhill. I thought Marvin did a decent job for years keeping them relevant with 1 of the worst and cheapest owners in the business. The fact that it took them weeks to find someone willing to be their DC is telling.

what part of dan orvlowski is worse...his playing career or how he is the most annoying personality on espn?

Not sure we're in a position to criticize Orlovsky the player

Good to see 2&2's still wearing his Giants PJs

If 2&2 agrees with the moves your team is making, find a new team because you are fucked.

Yea, the Browns' weighted DVOA last year was 12th, and they've since added a solid if unspectacular edge rusher and one of the top 2-3 wide receivers in football. Even assuming the Steelers and Ravens both remain relevant despite a few key losses (Antonio Brown, C.J. Mosley, etc.), no reason the Browns can't crank out 9 or 10 wins and sneak into the playoffs.

Posts and thoughts like this are why Vegas stays in business. They have a rookie head coach, a second year QB, two semi-unstable WRs, and a questionable defense. They are definitely better than they have been in recent years, and may contend at some point with this general group, but in no way are they legit contenders this coming season.

Decent job by Gettleman. Traded ODB and Vernon for Peppers, Zeitler, a 1st and a 3rd. Overall a strong salary and distraction dump and immediately helps at two areas of big longterm need. If they can flip the 17 for Rosen I think it is a big success. I don't know how they rate Murray, but I could also see them trying to move 6 and 17 for 1 if they have him that high.
Are you kidding? Fucking atrocious job by gman

He's a shitty GM

Are you kidding? Fucking atrocious job by gman

He's a shitty GM

Rumors that they may be able to get Rosen for their second round pick (#37 overall). If they come out of last year's draft with Saquan, Rosen, Peppers, Zeitler, two 1st-round picks this year with their young QB and RB already in place, and a shit-ton of cap space after this year, that is as big a home run GM job by GMan as anyone could have asked for.

Hell the shitty Jets are probably going to be better than the giants for the foreseeable future.

Earl Thomas (4/$55M, $32M guaranteed) and Mark Ingram (3/$15M) to the Ravens.

I like the Ingram signing - good value there. Not sure I get spending that kind of change on a safety, though. He's great, but we have gaping holes at C, LG and WR, at least 2 of which you need to take care of in FA rather than the draft. I'd rather see them address those positions in FA and then in a deep defensive draft get a DT, ILB and OLB. But it's not as crazy as paying Mosley $17mil per as an ILB. That's insane $$ for a guy who is a tackling machine but who is weak in coverage.

The Browns have already contacted his agent.

They should draft Dortch and not miss a beat.

Back