• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Congrats to the Giants for getting rid of that POS though. OBJ and Kareem Hunt in the locker room with Baker Mayfield. Should be interesting.

Le'Veon to the Jets.

Anybody want to start the 2019 season thread?

Browns may be scary good on offense...

same guy that built the current chiefs team is the gm for cleveland now so it makes sense.

It is officially "tampering season" in the NFL. That is, teams can talk to and negotiate verbally with impending free agents. Just nothing can be signed until Wednesday.

Why is that tampering? Shouldn't employees be allowed to talk to any potential employers without reprieve?

Why is that tampering? Shouldn't employees be allowed to talk to any potential employers without reprieve?

Per NFL rules, no, that is not allowed. Except for 3 days, March 11 to March 13. Hence "legal tampering period."

D1f_zabWoAwV9M0.jpg

Are the Browns contenders now?

Posts and thoughts like this are why Vegas stays in business. They have a rookie head coach, a second year QB, two semi-unstable WRs, and a questionable defense. They are definitely better than they have been in recent years, and may contend at some point with this general group, but in no way are they legit contenders this coming season.

Decent job by Gettleman. Traded ODB and Vernon for Peppers, Zeitler, a 1st and a 3rd. Overall a strong salary and distraction dump and immediately helps at two areas of big longterm need. If they can flip the 17 for Rosen I think it is a big success. I don't know how they rate Murray, but I could also see them trying to move 6 and 17 for 1 if they have him that high.

what part of dan orvlowski is worse...his playing career or how he is the most annoying personality on espn?

Posts and thoughts like this are why Vegas stays in business. They have a rookie head coach, a second year QB, two semi-unstable WRs, and a questionable defense. They are definitely better than they have been in recent years, and may contend at some point with this general group, but in no way are they legit contenders this coming season.

Decent job by Gettleman. Traded ODB and Vernon for Peppers, Zeitler, a 1st and a 3rd. Overall a strong salary and distraction dump and immediately helps at two areas of big longterm need. If they can flip the 17 for Rosen I think it is a big success. I don't know how they rate Murray, but I could also see them trying to move 6 and 17 for 1 if they have him that high.

They went 7-8-1 last year and have a 3rd place schedule this year. The rest of their division is declining. They have to be considered a contender to at least make the playoffs.

Sure, but possibly making the playoffs and being an actual contender are two completely different things.

Today, March 13, 4 PM marks the start of a new NFL year. All teams need to meet salary cap at that time.

Free agents can officially sign with new teams.

Time for a new thread for 2019.

Back