• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

"The Texans drafted Johnson in the first round in 2015. He played all 16 games as a rookie, but Johnson appeared in only 19 games the past three years, missing 29 with injuries.

Johnson, 26, had two concussions end his season after only one game in 2018."

Damn, didn't realize he had such a tough go at it recently. Best of luck to him.

In the opening game against the Pats this year, he was baaaaaaad.

Made a little over $10 million in four years

If he took care of his money, he is set for life, even if he never plays another snap. Two concussions might be telling him it is time to retire and do something else.

Steelers give AB the middle finger and sent him to Buffalo haha

Wow, Rapoport completely blew that one.

What is the market for him now? Why would anyone want him at this point? The Tomlin circus rolls on.

First, it's not just Tomlin. You can add Colbert and the front office to the list of those who enable Roethlisberger's poor behavior. Why they have continued to allow him to go on his radio show where he occasionally trashes teammates is beyond me. Ben is clearly 1 of the problems in the Pitt locker room.

The Steelers could soon be screwed. If AB nixes the few possible trading places, then they could call his bluff, not trade him and make him play for them. Then when he doesn't they could sue him for the $11mil in prepaid signing bonus that he would contractually owe them.

I'd think the Skins are out of the AB sweepstakes with their cap problems and Keenum being their new QB - I doubt AB would want to play for him. Seems like he wanted to go to San Fran, but they've said they're not interested - though this is the lying time of year. Oakland with their picks and seeming interest sounds like the logical destination. But then again, why does a team in rebuilding and moving mode want to take on a 31 year old WR who'll be at the end of the contract by the time they rebuild. It's a truly odd situation.

Last edited:
Washington football apparently getting Case Keenum from Denver along with a swap of low draft picks. (7th for 6th). Denver redid his contract and is paying Keenum part of his salary for the upcoming season. Looks like Washington is getting a bargain here. Keenum will compete with Colt McCoy for the starting QB job. Obvious insurance for Washington because McCoy has not stayed healthy a whole season.

link to washington Post article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...b-case-keenum-broncos/?utm_term=.bf7e21e6a23c

and analysis:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...01ffb5bd5e6_story.html?utm_term=.d261f68bef88

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...edom-fill-thin-roster/?utm_term=.9d81707deb4f

That's a good deal for Washington. They get a cheap, though temporary, upgrade at QB. I wonder if that means they're out of the QB market at #15 in the 1st. And ain't no way McCoy would have made it 17 games - just too slight. And even though he had to take a significant shave, it wasn't like Keenum was going to get a big offer elsewhere. This way he can try to play his way to a better future contract and do it behind a better OL, it that OL can ever be healthy, than he had in Denver.

Also, NYG traded an overpriced Vernon to Cleveland for an overpriced Zeitler and swapped some late rounders. Seems like a good solution for both. Cleveland was looking for some pass rush help and has plenty of cap space, and NYG could use a RG.

I think the Skins getting Keenum all but solidifies they are looking for a QB in the top of the draft, and might still possibly trade up to get one.

Looking at Antonio Brown's feature on Sportscenter this morning, any trade looks good. He looks like he's going off the deep end with his partially dyed beard (only the mustache), and in general comes across like he's going a little crazy/losing it mentally. To no surprise he also comes across unprofessional, not understanding the NFL is a business and owners and coaches are not his peers in the organizational structure.

Iggles will trade Michael Bennett tp Patriots for draft choices. Iggles lose pretty good pass rusher...and the head aches of dealing with Bennett's likely suspension. They get some added space under salary cap.

AB really screwed the Steelers. His bizarre behavior drove off potential suitors to the point where Oakland didn't have to give up a 1st or even 2nd round pick. Can't say I'm unhappy about it.

I like KC picking up Hyde. Williams didn't impress me as a feature back.

Back