• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Yes from the Giants' perspective I would be on board with giving up the #6 for Rosen. They would have taken him last year if Saquan was gone, having them both together would be a great combination. I don't know that the Cardinals would value Murray over Rosen, but I guess they might. I wouldn't be mad with taking Murray at #6 if he is still there, but he has a lot more question marks than Rosen in my opinion. In addition to the size concerns (that's what she said), I get the sense that Murray is a douchebag and I think he might crack under the pressure of being ELIte's successor.

Not usually an enviable position to be the person "following the legend", but damn if it wouldn't be at the top of my list to be the guy after Eli.....15 years of mostly mediocre regular seasons and a couple of hot playoff runs as a wild-card/#4 seed, and the fan base thinks you are the greatest thing since sliced bread..... :golfclap:

Taking Kyler #1 will get the GM fired in 2 or so years.

Kingsbury is on record a while back as saying he'd take Murray with the #1 pick. Now he and the Zona owner are saying they're committed to Rosen, which is what they have to say whether they are or aren't. That said, why Steve Keim is still the GM in Phoenix is an excellent question. Also been some speculation that Zona and San Fran are 2 of the likelier destinations for Antonio Brown.

Now hearing the Ravens are getting a 4th for Joe.

RapSheet reporting Flacco to the Broncos for a mid-round pick. Great job by the Ravens FO. Very nice.

RapSheet reporting Flacco to the Broncos for a mid-round pick. Great job by the Ravens FO. Very nice.

That will mean the Ravens really are changing style of QB. From Statue of Liberty with a cannon to a guy who runs as soon as the grass rustles.

That will mean the Ravens really are changing style of QB. From Statue of Liberty with a cannon to a guy who runs as soon as the grass rustles.

That change has already been made when they drafted LJ8 and when they didn't put Flacco back in the line-up once he was healthy. And they'll go with RG3 as back-up so they won't have to change systems if LJ8 gets injured.

RGKnee can't have much mobility left. Think it will still be a pretty decent change when Jackson gets hurt

is LJ8 really his nickname? real original.

Yeah, that's what he often goes by or is called. WSC, believe it or not Griffin actually looked pretty good this past preseason for the 1st time since his rookie year. Surprised the hell out of me. He seems to have matured a lot, and I think the year off helped. We'll see on both of them as far as I'm concerned. Lamar takes too many hits and is far from a finished product as a passer. But if we can spend some of the $$ we're saving on Flacco and Jimmy Smith, who will soon be cut, on some interior O-linemen, we should be pretty decent next year. And we're less dysfunctional than the Steelers. The Browns worry me more than anyone else.

Broncos and Ravens are both just flailing around with no QB in sight. Waste of time discussing. Pretenders. Next.

And we're less dysfunctional than the Steelers. The Browns worry me more than anyone else.

After they trade AB, the Steelers won't be dysfunctional at all. They also won't be any good. The Steelers window closed at 11:26 of the first quarter on December 4th 2017.

The Browns are the future of the division.

With the malaise surrounding the Redskins, it would be Danny Snyder-esque for the Redskins to do whatever it takes to draft Kyler Murray. Snyder is all about trying to create a buzz (signing a washed up Deion and Bruce Smith; trading for a washed up McNabb, trading up for RG3, bringing Spurrier and Gibbs to coach). The Skins have the 15th pick, and as result, they would need to trade up to get Murray. With no GM in place, easy to see the Redskins again mortgaging the future to make a splash. Would be a disaster as the team has so many needs, but they have no QB as Alex Smith may never play football again and Snyder is desperate to create a stir because if they don't, home games are going to be played in front of empty seats with opposing fans scattered in.

Would they actually have to trade up tho? Is Kyler really going to go top 5-10? I just don’t think that’s smart. Wilson & Brees are the exception, not the rule. I can see him going on the later half of the first, but not top 10+.

Oh he will definitely go top 10. Mayfield going at #1 surprised most people last year but it worked out. Granted Murray is smaller than Mayfield, but with the gap between college and pro offenses closing, plus the NFL's emphasis on playing with the refs as much as teammates, I think concerns about size are dwindling if the production and arm strength are there.

After they trade AB, the Steelers won't be dysfunctional at all. They also won't be any good. The Steelers window closed at 11:26 of the first quarter on December 4th 2017.

The Browns are the future of the division.

Nah, they still have Roethlisberger. Why the Steelers allow him to go on his weekly radio show and occasionally trash his teammates is beyond me. And Brown's domestic battery and 100 mph ticket aren't exactly enhancing his trade value. I'd be surprised if another team ponies up a 1st round pick for his antics. But I agree that the Browns are the future of the division unless Jackson starts getting a whole lot more accurate.

Back