• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

New Dolphins HC Brian Flores just hired Jim Caldwell to be his Asst Head Coach.

Zac Taylor should hire a similar kind of guy for his staff. Ex NFL head coach, preferably one who had some success.

Kyler Murray has decided to pursue an NFL career. Sounds like he is giving up baseball:
TheKylerMurray

https://twitter.com/TheKylerMurray

Kareem Hunt to the Browns. Wow. They gon be good (if the NFL lets him play).

I've already been thinking they'd be our new overlords in the AFCN for the next few years. Been the Steelers and Ravens for so long.

NFL will still suspend Hunt for a large part if not all of next season. Would put the over/under at 8 games. Hunt is local. He is from northern Ohio, and went to Toledo.

Sucks for Chubb

And Duke Johnson. That backfield is loaded when Hunt finally gets to play.

Biff, as a fan of another AFCN team, I am aware of that, but I think it will soon be changing. I'm not sure LJ8 is our long term answer at QB, and the Steelers have had a combustible locker room for a while. They'll probably losing Brown, and Roethlisberger will retire in a couple of years - they'll be in rebuild mode soon. Cincy is declining, and the Browns are on the rise. Maybe as soon as next year.

A guy who punches and kicks a woman then does it again gets a job, but a quarterback who has gone to the Super Bowl, won multiple playoff games and has only tried to exercise his first amendment rights can't get a job.

A guy who punches and kicks a woman then does it again gets a job, but a quarterback who has gone to the Super Bowl, won multiple playoff games and has only tried to exercise his first amendment rights can't get a job.

You sound angry, and rightfully so. Perhaps you should continue to boycott giving any money to the Deacon Club.

Kaep's biggest problem landing a job is he is now a celebrity scrub. He wouldn't start over anyone in the league now that Bortles will no longer be starting. But he'd generate more press than any of his teammates, which makes him unviable and unemployable. Same issue with Tebow and Sams. You can't have the 40th or 50th best player on the team generating more press than the stars of the team.

So Kaep is being blackballed because he was being blackballed.

So Kaep is being blackballed because he was being blackballed.

There might be collusion between some teams, I don't know, and he probably is being blackballed to some extent. But what I'm saying is he's no longer a starting level QB - his last couple of years starting showed that. If you're a star, teams will put up with a lot more shite. Take Antonio Brown or Kareem Hunt v. a past his prime Ray Rice at the time of his domestic incident. Kaep isn't a starter, will be a pain in the ass employee (if his last year in San Fran is a good go by), will piss off part of your fan base, won't play a down unless your starting QB gets hurt, and will still garner more headlines than everyone else on your team. If you're a GM or coach, why the hell would you want that? Add to that his and his girlfriend's behavior in 2017 when he could have been considered for a potential starting gig when Flacco and Tannehill were hurt. After Tannehill went down for the year, Kaep gets photographed in a Castro t-shirt - not quite the look if you want a job in Miami. Then Baltimore gives him a tryout, and his girlfriend tweets the next day likening Steve Bisciotti to being a slave owner and Ray Lewis being a slave. Small wonder Baltimore didn't want him.

Former stars who are past their prime and who are a pain in the ass get cut - like Dez Bryant or Hope Solo. Celebrity scrubs in football, like Tebow and Sams, aren't worth having around because you can't have a scrub garnering more press than your stars. Kaep is both a past his time pain in the ass and a celebrity scrub.

Flacco to the Broncos. Just reported. No idea what the Ravens are getting for him.

Flacco to the Broncos. Just reported. No idea what the Ravens are getting for him.

Speculation on the Ravens board is a 3rd or 4th. I'd be cool with a 3rd. It's interesting that Elway and Fangio are getting Flacco even though Kubiak is now in Minnesota. Flacco's last really good year was with Kubs at OC. I'm happy for Joe and hope he does well there. He got blamed a lot for mediocre offenses in Baltimore the last few years when we've had mediocre to poor OLs. He's immobile and not the type of QB who can have success without a decent OL. But he's still a solid franchise QB with at least a few years left, can make every throw and throws a great deep ball.

I had Joe pegged for Jax. So I guess this means Foles or Keenum to Jax. Philly is playing an interesting game with Foles by tagging and trying to trade him. The only teams now still looking to pick up a veteran QB are the Skins, Jags and Fins, and they ain't trading him to Washington. Murray committing to football also makes for more draft intrigue in the top 10 or so picks. Wouldn't be surprised if Zona or Oakland takes Murray or Haskins and trades Rosen or Carr to the Giants.

Pretty awesome to pick up an elite quarterback for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Speculation on the Ravens board is a 3rd or 4th. I'd be cool with a 3rd. It's interesting that Elway and Fangio are getting Flacco even though Kubiak is now in Minnesota. Flacco's last really good year was with Kubs at OC. I'm happy for Joe and hope he does well there. He got blamed a lot for mediocre offenses in Baltimore the last few years when we've had mediocre to poor OLs. He's immobile and not the type of QB who can have success without a decent OL. But he's still a solid franchise QB with at least a few years left, can make every throw and throws a great deep ball.

I had Joe pegged for Jax. So I guess this means Foles or Keenum to Jax. Philly is playing an interesting game with Foles by tagging and trying to trade him. The only teams now still looking to pick up a veteran QB are the Skins, Jags and Fins, and they ain't trading him to Washington. Murray committing to football also makes for more draft intrigue in the top 10 or so picks. Wouldn't be surprised if Zona or Oakland takes Murray or Haskins and trades Rosen or Carr to the Giants.

Yes from the Giants' perspective I would be on board with giving up the #6 for Rosen. They would have taken him last year if Saquan was gone, having them both together would be a great combination. I don't know that the Cardinals would value Murray over Rosen, but I guess they might. I wouldn't be mad with taking Murray at #6 if he is still there, but he has a lot more question marks than Rosen in my opinion. In addition to the size concerns (that's what she said), I get the sense that Murray is a douchebag and I think he might crack under the pressure of being ELIte's successor.

Back