• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

2018 NFL Season: Superbowl winner: Patriots!

Then why would anybody be talking about the punter being MVP if it wasn’t a field position game? This is a dumb argument man. Just be a miserable Pats hater like the rest of us. Just be happy Romo finally got to the Super Bowl.

lol

that was such a terrible game

there were some throws for goff to make. he just stinks.

Then why would anybody be talking about the punter being MVP if it wasn’t a field position game? This is a dumb argument man. Just be a miserable Pats hater like the rest of us. Just be happy Romo finally got to the Super Bowl.

The punter being the MVP is a stupid fucking argument too. And they are kidding because really WGAF who is the Super Bowl MVP.

Naming the punter the MVP would just put the icing on the cake that this was a shit game.

I already made teh lame Romo super bowl joke. Sawwry!

Small silver lining of yet another pats win is the unintentional comedy of Bob Kraft slurring through a “speech”

Was it me or were there a massive number of CBS commercials during the game? It seemed like about 25% of all commercials had to do with CBS.

If that's the case, it means they weren't able to sell those spots.

Small silver lining of yet another pats win is the unintentional comedy of Bob Kraft slurring through a “speech”

Best part of game without question.

Was it me or were there a massive number of CBS commercials during the game? It seemed like about 25% of all commercials had to do with CBS.

If that's the case, it means they weren't able to sell those spots.

I have no actual evidence but I feel like that has been the case for the past several years.

Part of the whole point of airing the Super Bowl or any major sporting event is to promote your lineup to a new audience. That’s not new at all.

Since 2011 Brady has more Super Bowls than Wake basketball has winning seasons.

ETA: Should have said won more Super Bowls.

Last edited:

Too bad Romo wasn't this smart when he was playing.

The MVP problem is that the defense was the MVP but no one player rose above the rest. Ironic that the defense cost them the Super Bowl last year but won it for them this year.

It was a field position game in the first half. That’s why people were talking about the punter being the MVP. Edelman helped move the ball on 3rd down even though the Pats didn’t score. He was more crucial to field position than the MVP punter thus keeping the Pats in the game.

It's only a "field position game" if points are scored by either team.

3-0 at HT means is a "shit" game and nothing really mattered because it is all to play for in the 2nd half.

I'm not arguing against Edelman being MVP, I think he is the best of terrible options, BUT it isn't because he kept the Pats "in the game" at any point. The Rams couldn't move the football and Edelman had fuck all to do with that.

The punter being the MVP is a stupid fucking argument too. And they are kidding because really WGAF who is the Super Bowl MVP.

Naming the punter the MVP would just put the icing on the cake that this was a shit game.

I already made teh lame Romo super bowl joke. Sawwry!

In case in the future anyone ever wonders how one gets 100k posts, this completely useless argument would be exhibit A. You two are the real MVP's.

This was the Donald Trump of Superbowls.

And maybe the ref who didn't flag Robey-Colmean too. No way the Saints O gets stymied like that

The Saints and Rams offenses were falling off by the end of the season. Meanwhile the Pats offense got more consistent as Edelman and Michel rounded into form.

James White only got 3 touches two years after he should have been SB MVP.

Makes me feel better about the Panthers' Super Bowl because Wade Phillips again shows his greatness, and at least the Panthers got shut down by a way more talented defense

Back