• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

ITS DRAFT DAY BIZNATCHES. So much drama and story lines to love.

1. Does Kliff Kingsbury's 5 year recruitment of Kyler Murray finally pay off? Where will Josh Rosen and his big brain get traded to?
2. Does Dan Snyder trade everyone to get Dwayne Haskins all because he went to HS with Snyder's kid?
3. Does SF not draft Joey Bosa because he tweeted pro-Trump stuff, and thus no on in SF would buy his jersey?
4. Will a Bills fan fall of the roof of Kid Rock's Honky Tonk celebrating the drafting of white offensive lineman?

We will find out tonight.

Boring night for the Cowboys incoming. But we got our franchise WR at 25 years old in October, so pretty good pick in hindsight.

Conflicting Draft Scuttlebutt from Daniiel Jeremiah:

What I've heard in last 24 hours:
Redskins moving up for Haskins
Redskins moving up for Jones
Giants moving up for Lock
Giants taking Jones at 17
Titans taking Lock
Bengals taking Haskins
Bengals not taking QB
Lions trade back and take QB

Vegas has Daniel Jones with the best odds to be the Giants first pick of the draft. They must either think Gettleman is a complete moron (accurate), or is trading back.

Why the hell any NFL team would want Daniel Jones, much less move UP to draft him, is beyond me.

Any time you can take a QB who got trounced by WFU 59-7 with a top ten pick in the draft I think you have to do it

Think its just hard for any WF follower to put any stock in Daniel Jones after defensively-challenged WF just dismantled his Duke team to end last season. Maybe Duke purged all the game tape from that debaculous performance.

Last edited:
The Giants are one of a few teams including the Panthers that if they lost their QB for the season or their QB just doesn't have it anymore due to age or injury history, they're going to suck hard enough to have a good shot at getting Tua next year. So why bother picking a QB this year?

The Giants are one of a few teams including the Panthers that if they lost their QB for the season or their QB just doesn't have it anymore due to age or injury history, they're going to suck hard enough to have a good shot at getting Tua next year. So why bother picking a QB this year?

Especially if the alternative is to draft a guy whose ceiling is mediocre starter.

Exactly. If your worst case is being in the position to draft or trade for a no brainer future star QB, don’t draft a run of the mill QB now. Same goes for next year’s draft with Lawrence on the horizon.

It will be nice not seeing WF in other team's highlight reels for a change.

Clemson has like 10-11 guys who are going to get drafted who probably all showed out in the first quarter against WFU. Pretty sure the's some good tape on Brian Burns slinging John Wolford, Sam Hartman, and Jamie Newman around too.

florida-st-wake-forest-football-winston-salem-usa-shutterstock-editorial-9100935b.jpg

DtHht18XoAUX_pj.jpg

usa_today_11484195.0.jpg

And I don't know what ultimately happened on this play, but I wouldn't want to be Dom Maggio at that second.

Brian+Burns+Wake+Forest+v+Florida+State+thGZUAV_wQYl.jpg

Last edited:

And if the Cardinals are in fact drafting Murray such that, if rumors are true, Rosen can be obtained for a second round pick, as he is better than any of this year's QBs, drafting a QB makes no sense. The Giants first round picks should be a combo of LB, DL, or OL, wasting a first round pick on a QB with this class is stupid (unless Murray falls to 6).

I don't understand the thinking that A) Rosen is any good and B) Haskins is not. I'm biased as an OSU fan (although I was not really a JT Barrett fan at all), but will happily bet anyone that Haskins has an objectively better NFL career than Rosen.

I don't understand the thinking that A) Rosen is any good and B) Haskins is not. I'm biased as an OSU fan (although I was not really a JT Barrett fan at all), but will happily bet anyone that Haskins has an objectively better NFL career than Rosen.

Is anybody arguing that?

I'll take that bet. Get back to me in 12 years with my six-pack of Zima.

Is anybody arguing that?

Did you not read 2&2s post almost directly above? Also, it could be smokescreens, but Haskins stock has definitely been dropping in recent weeks, to where neither Kiper or McShay have him going earlier than 10, and possibly falling to 15+. If I was a fan of a team that drafted Jones or Lock ahead of Haskins tonight, I'd go ballistic.

Back