• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Even though I watch most Giants games because of my wife I want the giants to draft Jones solely to laugh at 2&2.

I’m petty.

And if the Cardinals are in fact drafting Murray such that, if rumors are true, Rosen can be obtained for a second round pick, as he is better than any of this year's QBs, drafting a QB makes no sense. The Giants first round picks should be a combo of LB, DL, or OL, wasting a first round pick on a QB with this class is stupid (unless Murray falls to 6).

I don't understand the thinking that A) Rosen is any good and B) Haskins is not. I'm biased as an OSU fan (although I was not really a JT Barrett fan at all), but will happily bet anyone that Haskins has an objectively better NFL career than Rosen.

Did you not read 2&2s post almost directly above? Also, it could be smokescreens, but Haskins stock has definitely been dropping in recent weeks, to where neither Kiper or McShay have him going earlier than 10, and possibly falling to 15+. If I was a fan of a team that drafted Jones or Lock ahead of Haskins tonight, I'd go ballistic.

Those two statements aren't the same thing. They could be, but you'll have to ask 2&2 what he meant. I thought he meant Rosen is better than this mediocre class, so if you really want to take a flier on a QB, float a pick to the Cardinals.

Did you not read 2&2s post almost directly above? Also, it could be smokescreens, but Haskins stock has definitely been dropping in recent weeks, to where neither Kiper or McShay have him going earlier than 10, and possibly falling to 15+. If I was a fan of a team that drafted Jones or Lock ahead of Haskins tonight, I'd go ballistic.

2&2 also thinks Eli was and still is their best option

I’m unclear on who values Jones. Draft “experts” over the past two weeks have said they don’t see what people like in him but that they have him going high still because teams do.

I think the Cutcliffe connection is massive.

Giants should trade down for a pick next year and tank for Tua. It seems so obvious.

It's fair to assume that's what they were doing after trading OBJ. I assume they will trade for some 2020 and 2021 picks tonight.

It's fair to assume that's what they were doing after trading OBJ. I assume they will trade for some 2020 and 2021 picks tonight.

Yeah I thought so too. Maybe this whole qb draft thing is a smokescreen but it makes no sense to take Haskins or Jones if they’re gonna tank for Tua.

You all can find me on suicide watch tonight when the Redskins draft Haskins or Jones. Not only that, I predict they will trade up to draft one of them. My mood will be ruined just in time to walk into Endgame.

Those two statements aren't the same thing. They could be, but you'll have to ask 2&2 what he meant. I thought he meant Rosen is better than this mediocre class, so if you really want to take a flier on a QB, float a pick to the Cardinals.

Right. I don't think Rosen is necessarily a franchise QB, but he is better than anyone in this class (other than potentially Murray who won't be there). Haskins will suck, neither tOSU nor Meyer has produced any QB worth a damn in the NFL in the last few decades other than Alex Smith who is debatable, it sure as hell won't be Haskins who breaks that trend. Conclusion being that if I want to take a flier on a young QB, I'd much rather spend a 2nd round pick on Rosen than a 1st round pick on the other bums. But yeah, if I'm Gman I'm loading up on LB/DL/OL around Saquan, riding Eli for another year, and Tanking for Tua.

I’m unclear on who values Jones. Draft “experts” over the past two weeks have said they don’t see what people like in him but that they have him going high still because teams do.

I think the Cutcliffe connection is massive.

Agreed. My untrained eyes like Haskins, Lock and Rosen as potential future starters, but I just don't see it with Jones. I'd take Finley before Jones. Watch Belichick take Finley at the end of the 2nd if he's still there.

Buckets, do you really think Haskins will be available at 15? I think the Giants are blowing smoke about taking a defensive player at 6. Either that or their plan B is to trade their early 2nd for Rosen. Or they really do like the idea of taking Jones at 17, which is just insane. I gotta think Haskins goes top-10. Not even sure Lock is available at 15.

i like haskins if you don't have to trade up to get him

I definitely like him better than Jones. I want Grier in the second or third. Low risk. They just have so many other holes in their roster. The QB classes the next two years are so much better. Tank for Trevor!

Back