• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prosecutor who questioned Ford Shreds her case

I wish dems would treat Kavanaugh like Ellison, but they don’t because this has never been about the truth, it’s always been pure politics. I don’t think I’ve ever been more ashamed of a political party in my life than I am by the behavior of the Democrats.

Trolling, right? Please?

Don’t like his opinions, go straight to rude, bullying, personal attack’s. This board is broken.

LMAO. Dude, it's lectro. Have you read his posts? They're an endless rant of personal attacks. If you want to defend his posts, then by all means go ahead. I find them to be comical.

dims real proud that there were some that they didn't try to smear; I guess everyone should count their blessings

Or you could interpret it as evidence that the "dims" aren't just out to "smear" any nominee, there is just something seriously wrong with this guy Kavanaugh.

Also "some" should be most.

I wish dems would treat Kavanaugh like Ellison, but they don’t because this has never been about the truth, it’s always been pure politics. I don’t think I’ve ever been more ashamed of a political party in my life than I am by the behavior of the Democrats.

This cannot be serious.

Another Lectro defender, go ahead and defend the inane ramblings of a psycho. The only thing on the boards that’s broken is conservatives ability to defend this unmitigated shit stain of a presidency, so they broke trying. There’s a reason why the smart ones dipped out like jhmd.

Or you could interpret it as evidence that the "dims" aren't just out to "smear" any nominee, there is just something seriously wrong with this guy Kavanaugh.

Also "some" should be most.

there may be something wrong with Kavanaugh, most likely excessive undergraduate drinking, but the disgusting behaviour of the dims around this nomination and their efforts to smear are clear and beyond question

ask yourself this: which is worse, possible sophomoric behavior by a sophomore (which has been followed by decades of exemplary behavior since), or the calculated disgusting behavior of the supposedly adult dims, all to try to appease their most ardent supporters, which includes a number posting on these boards, you lefties should be appalled by the very things that seem to please you the most

there may be something wrong with Kavanaugh, most likely excessive undergraduate drinking, but the disgusting behaviour of the dims around this nomination and their efforts to smear are clear and beyond question

ask yourself this: which is worse, sophomoric behavior by a sophomore (which has been followed by decades of exemplary behavior since), or the disgusting behavior of the supposedly adult dims, all to try to appease their most ardent supporters, which includes a number posting on these boards, you lefties should be appalled by the very things that seem to please you the most

Some might conclude the Dems are trying to ensure a guy that possibly committed sexual assault will not get a life time appointment to the court. I consider sexual assault to be "disgusting behavior" and I have an extremely low tolerance for it...like zero tolerance. Sexual assault is far more that simply "Sophomoric behavior" and the fact that you would characterize it as such speaks volumes, in fact that characterization is pretty appalling. I am appalled by you. We already have an admitted sexual assaulter in the white house, and most likely many in congress, so lets be super careful not to put one on the court too.

Some might conclude the Dems are trying to ensure a guy that possibly committed sexual assault will not get a life time appointment to the court. I consider sexual assault to be "disgusting behavior" and I have an extremely low tolerance for it...like zero tolerance. Sexual assault is far more that simply "Sophomoric behavior" and the fact that you would characterize it as such speaks volumes, in fact that characterization is pretty appalling. I am appalled by you. We already have an admitted sexual assaulter in the white house, and most likely many in congress, so lets be super careful not to put one on the court too.

an uncorroborrated accusation based on a hazy memory of a purported event 35 years ago in high school does not make it true, or even likely, stop treating it as if it is

irresponsible and uncorroborated accusations of rape, or attempted rape, are doing a huge disservice to those women who have legitimate complaints

why are you disregarding the testimony of hundreds of women in favour of a couple of dubious accusers?

must be your politics: a couple of women with no corroboration for their accusations are to be believed over many many other women with different accounts, when they serve your political purpose, nice

and you claim to support women, nonsense, you only support women who serve your politics

an uncorroborrated accusation based on a hazy memory of a purported event 35 years ago in high school does not make it true, or even likely, stop treating it as if it is

irresponsible and uncorroborated accusations of rape, or attempted rape, are doing a huge disservice to those women who have legitimate complaints

why are you disregarding the testimony of hundreds of women in favour of a couple of dubious accusers?

must be your politics: a couple of women with no corroboration for their accusations are to be believed over many many other women with different accounts, when they serve your political purpose, nice

and you claim to support women, nonsense, you only support women who serve your politics

I was an English major at Wake, so pardon my lack of reading comprehension...but are you saying that birdman should weigh the "he didn't sexually assault me" testimony of women who knew BK against the "he did sexually assault me" testimony of other women who knew BK?

Trolling, right? Please?

1) saying he’s more disgusted “in his life” by the Dems than all the abhorrent behavior and policies Trump has done is amazing. Like, what? You’re more disgusted with people opposing someone who has displayed tendencies to distort the truth, or outright lie, as a SC candidate, than a president who has separated families, is systematically destroying environmental protections that will screw our future children, or openly has said he grabs women by their genitals/brags about watching young girls change clothes in pageant dressing rooms? Or insults a POW? Like, all of those aren’t as disgusting as opposing Kav?

2) taking issue with Highland is hilarious. He’s a solid posted who posts informed positions. Catamount taking issue with him calling a Lectro a name (while not calling out Lectro) seems like a weak attempt to be above it all.

2) *poster (can’t edit from phone)

in a "he said, she said" question, when you are called on to make a judgment on who is telling the truth, you inevitably turn to external conditions: other behavior and evaluations by those who know each individual

in this case, there is no corroboration for any of the sexual assault charges against Kavanaugh

of the three accusations, serious doubt exists about the veracity of the second and third, evidence about Ford has been shared incompletely, or we simply don't know, and her questioning at the hearing indicated a number of contradictions

all three accusations concern possible events that occurred over three decades ago and the memories of these accusers are hazy and remain uncorroborrated in all three

according to a half-dozen FBI investigations, Kavanaugh's life since his college years has not shown any pattern of attacks on women or abuse of them, indeed, quite the opposite

sexual assault behaviour tends to be recurrent and continue; even if we believe his accuser or accusers, it is rather strange that in BK's case it stopped

under the circumstances, the benefit of the doubt goes to Kavanaugh by a long shot, and only political prejudice could induce anyone to consider him guilty of the accusations of sexual assault

1) saying he’s more disgusted “in his life” by the Dems than all the abhorrent behavior and policies Trump has done is amazing. Like, what? You’re more disgusted with people opposing someone who has displayed tendencies to distort the truth, or outright lie, as a SC candidate, than a president who has separated families, is systematically destroying environmental protections that will screw our future children, or openly has said he grabs women by their genitals/brags about watching young girls change clothes in pageant dressing rooms? Or insults a POW? Like, all of those aren’t as disgusting as opposing Kav?

2) taking issue with Highland is hilarious. He’s a solid posted who posts informed positions. Catamount taking issue with him calling a Lectro a name (while not calling out Lectro) seems like a weak attempt to be above it all.

re 1: TDS appears to be preventing you from being able to stick to the subject, sad

Another Lectro defender, go ahead and defend the inane ramblings of a psycho. The only thing on the boards that’s broken is conservatives ability to defend this unmitigated shit stain of a presidency, so they broke trying. There’s a reason why the smart ones dipped out like jhmd.

You are out to lunch Louis. Try getting off campus once in awhile

There is so much to address here. But let’s start here. I have not once said it was true, I seldom operate in absolutes, I don’t think anybody knows the truth and I don’t think we ever will. I believe there is a low probability she is lying and I therefore believe there is some non zero probability that Kavanaugh did something to her 30 years ago. I believe that is grounds for a thorough investigation into the matter. There is nothing appalling or despicable about investigating an accusation, especially when the accused is being nominated to a lifetime appointment to the highest level of the judiciary. In the course of the minimal investigation conducted by the senate, Kavanaugh handled himself very poorly, including several probable lies. That was a bad move because it just increases suspicion, mean while the most damning part of Fords testimony was an admission of a fear of flying but that she flew somewhere to get her polygraph.

This is raising a lot of tempers, I think, because, people like me are in fact appalled by sexual assault where as on the other side...well...frankly I don’t really get any perspective that doesn’t at least want to investigate this thoroughly.

You are just another mindless putz up the ass of whatever lickshitspittle media organ you have poured into your trough

in a "he said, she said" question, when you are called on to make a judgment on who is telling the truth, you inevitably turn to external conditions: other behavior and evaluations by those who know each individual

in this case, there is no corroboration for any of the sexual assault charges against Kavanaugh

of the three accusations, serious doubt exists about the veracity of the second and third, evidence about Ford has been shared incompletely, or we simply don't know, and her questioning at the hearing indicated a number of contradictions

all three accusations concern possible events that occurred over three decades ago and the memories of these accusers are hazy and remain uncorroborrated in all three

according to a half-dozen FBI investigations, Kavanaugh's life since his college years has not shown any pattern of attacks on women or abuse of them, indeed, quite the opposite

sexual assault behaviour tends to be recurrent and continue; even if we believe his accuser or accusers, it is rather strange that in BK's case it stopped

under the circumstances, the benefit of the doubt goes to Kavanaugh by a long shot, and only political prejudice could induce anyone to consider him guilty of the accusations of sexual assault

This is why dudes keep assaulting women and keep getting away with it. Other men have an incredibly high standard for someone who feared for her life to meet.

sailor, have you ever believed someone who accused a Republican of sexual assault?

I won't bother waiting for an answer.

Dr. Blasey Ford described a get together that Kavanaugh had on his calendar on July 1, 1982. She named Mark Judge as a witness. I don't know why you think she would make up a witness who happens to be best friends of the accused. Doesn't seem like a good lie. Kavanaugh has consistently lied out his ass for the last few months. Dr. Blasey Ford gave credible testimony.

This is why dudes keep assaulting women and keep getting away with it. Other men have an incredibly high standard for someone who feared for her life to meet.

sailor, have you ever believed someone who accused a Republican of sexual assault?

I won't bother waiting for an answer.

Dr. Blasey Ford described a get together that Kavanaugh had on his calendar on July 1, 1982. She named Mark Judge as a witness. I don't know why you think she would make up a witness who happens to be best friends of the accused. Doesn't seem like a good lie. Kavanaugh has consistently lied out his ass for the last few months. Dr. Blasey Ford gave credible testimony.

This is the same guy who thinks there is a deep state conspiracy against Donald Trump. You expect anything in the same stratosphere as reasonable?

Back