• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Again, why does it have to be done this season? They could wait to see what happens with free agency (Durant / Kyrie). A package of Zion or Barrett, Porzingis, and Knox wouldn't interest the Pelicans? It might not even take throwing in the Zinger.

I don't follow the thing about the #1 pick.

I'm a Celtics fan, but being in NYC now, holy shit, that would be fun to go to (just let Kyrie stay in Boston, pls).

Knox and either Zion or Barrett would be laughed at.

The longer the Pelicans take to make the deal (other than having something done with the Celtics) the lower the value they will get.

Silver has overseen the unmitigated disasters of not smoothing the cap and the Supermax and is still somehow seen as a great commish. te

wasn't that the call of the players union as dictated by the last CBA, which was settled in 2011, three years before Silver took over?

Knox and either Zion or Barrett would be laughed at.

The longer the Pelicans take to make the deal (other than having something done with the Celtics) the lower the value they will get.
You literally just said this earlier today. You're all over the place.

Why would anyone trade Zion for a rental player?

And I still have no clue what you meant about "you can only offer a #1 pick from every other year."

It would likely take including Porzingis, but if you know you have Durant and one of Kyrie or Kemba in the bag, you do it.

Again, no one contending has better to offer than the Celtics' assets or the #1 pick (assuming that goes to a big-market team -- unlikely). Really don't see how value drops off if it's done in the offseason.

Last edited:
Unless the Knicks sign many other players, AD will be a rental player for a year. You don't give up a player like either Zion or Barrett to take a chance.

As to "you can only offer a #1 pick from every other year," the NBA has a rule that teams can't trade consecutive year first round picks.

Again, why does it have to be done this season? They could wait to see what happens with free agency (Durant / Kyrie). A package of Zion or Barrett, Porzingis, and Knox wouldn't interest the Pelicans? It might not even take throwing in the Zinger.

I'm a Celtics fan, but being in NYC now, holy shit, that would be fun to go to (just let Kyrie stay in Boston, pls).

I agree that it makes sense to NO to wait. The issue, however, is that they clearly should sit AD while they wait for multiple reasons. If he gets hurt it lowers their trade return and his potential impact on a new team. Also, it improves NO's own draft position to coincide with whatever they get from a trade package. I think the big dilemma would be if they sit AD and tank enough to luck into the #1 or #2 pick themselves ... would getting Zion to NO be enough to change AD's mind about wanting out? So from that perspective do they hold off on a trade until after the draft, or at least the draft lottery?

If you are the Knicks and Get Zion, do you think they would trade him, even for AD? That seems steep to me.

Trade proposed above seems steep. Zinger, a hypothetical Zion, and then extra. May just be me though.

Last edited:
How many GMs would trade Zion for AD straight up? Think seriously about this.

If you are the Knicks and Get Zion, do you think they would trade him, even for AD? That seems steep to me.

Trade proposed above seems steep. Zinger, a hypothetical Zion, and then extra. May just be me though.
If it means Durant and one of Kyrie or Kemba will sign if that trade happens, yeah, you do that in a heartbeat. I would still do it if it doesn't guarantee Durant and those guys. Zion will never be the player that AD is. Don't care about money. New York is a place free agents will want to go to under the right circumstances. Sounds like New York is one of his preferred destinations, too. I'd do it.

If it means Durant and one of Kyrie or Kemba will sign if that trade happens, yeah, you do that in a heartbeat. I would still do it if it doesn't guarantee Durant and those guys. Zion will never be the player that AD is. Don't care about money. New York is a place free agents will want to go to under the right circumstances. Sounds like New York is one of his preferred destinations, too. I'd do it.

I mean, literally no way to know if that is true or not.

What if AD comes out and says he won't sign an extension with any team but the Lakers? Do the Celtics still make a godfather offer and hope he changes his mind?

What if AD comes out and says he won't sign an extension with any team but the Lakers? Do the Celtics still make a godfather offer and hope he changes his mind?

That doesn't make much sense, he would be hindering his own potential negotiating position with the Lakers.

How many GMs would trade Zion for AD straight up? Think seriously about this.

taking out money and contract length, who do you not trade AD for straight up?

Curry, Harden, Giannis, and maybe Kawhi and KD.

Lebron out [Lou] due to age [/Rawls]

taking out money and contract length, who do you not trade AD for straight up?

Curry, Harden, Giannis, and maybe Kawhi and KD.

Lebron out [Lou] due to age [/Rawls]

AD is 5 years younger than Curry and 3 1/2 years younger than Harden (the effort his game seems to take night in and night out would worry me). I’m not sure if I’d yes, but I’d at least think about it.

I’d also at least pretend to think about saying no if the Pels called for Luka or Embiid.

I don't think the Pels are going to get this huge value from the celtics they are thinking is coming. If he's bound and determined to get to LA i'd try and deal him before this deadline, whether its to LA, toronto, whoever. Start the reset button, tank for this year, probably the next two and try and get something rolling. Use your own picks plus the picks in a trade to start a real team. Deal Jrue Holiday this offseason also.

The Davis thing is a little strange. On the one hand, he is clearly an unbelievable player and one of the 5-10 best guys in the league. On the other, he hasn't won shit in 8 years. I feel like other great players have carried shittier teams to more success.

Maybe he is better as a #2 option instead of a #1.

The Davis thing is a little strange. On the one hand, he is clearly an unbelievable player and one of the 5-10 best guys in the league. On the other, he hasn't won shit in 8 years. I feel like other great players have carried shittier teams to more success.

Maybe he is better as a #2 option instead of a #1.

The first bold is why AD will probably end up going somewhere he can be a #2 or at least a co-#1 like KD is with Steph. I saw the Bucks and Raptors mentioned as the top suitors and both make sense for that reason.

Back