• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

#2 to who? Tatum? The Celtics with Kyrie and Horford and out of the market for the elite FAs is a big question mark.

Yeah. If I were Boston I would build my team around Tatum and Brown. Mike Conley is probably more preferable to CP3 due to age, but I think that is a pretty good team. Losing Horford hurts though. A lot.

That team is a tier below the Raptors with Kawhi, Bucks, and Sixers. Probably on par with the Pacers with Oladipo.

The Rockets have had enough of CP so they’re targeting a star who should be easier to get along with, Jimmy Butler.

Last edited:
True, but the Raptors were great last year as much because Siakam emerged. Ainge has done well in the draft mostly the last dozen years, at least better than most. Tatum took a small step back last year, but he's like 20. And Kyrie sort of bullied that team IMO. Granted CP3 is a bully too, but he's an on-court facilitator. I think he'd make Tatum a better player and Tatum wouldn't need him 2/3 years from now when CP3's contract is winding down ...

I also think Boston has an advantage over most teams with Stevens. But losing Horford is a big deal.

Brown is entering his fourth year. If the Celtics are going to contend with or without CP, he needs to make a leap like Siakim did.

That team is a tier below the Raptors with Kawhi, Bucks, and Sixers. Probably on par with the Pacers with Oladipo.

The Rockets have had enough of CP so they’re targeting a star who should be easier to get along with, Jimmy Butler.

Doesn't CP3 have a point though about the Rockets offense ? Not sure anyone should want to sign a long term deal to watch Harden play into his mid-30's.

Just got an alert that Stephen A said Harden and CP are all good.

D9bw6gyXYAUMTUR.jpg

he's BACK for a cool $13m next season

Woof, it doesn't seem like the banana boat crew know how to end their careers gracefully.

Here are a couple of legitimate destinations for CP3:

Stephen A says Butler has been talking to Harden about playing in Houston. Obviously, that's impossible unless Morley can dump, Capela, Gordon and Tucker or do a sign an trade to the Sixers for CP3. Yes, it would be bad for Chris' third year, but the Sixers could stretch that year. Chris has become a good spot up shooter, can still play D and would be a great teacher if Ben would listen. This would be much better for the Sixers than losing Butler for nothing.

How about a swap of bad contracts- Hayward for CP3. With CP3, we'd find out very quickly if Tatum and Brown are going to become stars.

The Sixers trade would obviously be more difficult due the new rules about sign and trade.

CP3's contract is so much worse than Hayward's: 3 years v 2 years, and $41 million v $33 million, and 34 year old pg v 29 years old sf

Beat me to it. I wonder if Memphis would trade Korver for one or two of the Sixers second round picks.

D9bw6gyXYAUMTUR.jpg

he's BACK for a cool $13m next season

I'm fine with that one, he is the second most important player on the team behind Kemba. That salary puts him right below Justice Winslow and Solomon Hill. He is a very effective small-ball 4 who can defend all 5 positions, and luckily his own shot doesn't look like that any more and is fairly consistent. His is the most palatable of the MKG/Zeller/Marvin/Batum contract mess. With his contract expiring at the end of this coming season I could see a contender with enough offense giving up some decent #assets or #draftcapital to get him.

Here are a couple of legitimate destinations for CP3:

Stephen A says Butler has been talking to Harden about playing in Houston. Obviously, that's impossible unless Morley can dump, Capela, Gordon and Tucker or do a sign an trade to the Sixers for CP3. Yes, it would be bad for Chris' third year, but the Sixers could stretch that year. Chris has become a good spot up shooter, can still play D and would be a great teacher if Ben would listen. This would be much better for the Sixers than losing Butler for nothing.

How about a swap of bad contracts- Hayward for CP3. With CP3, we'd find out very quickly if Tatum and Brown are going to become stars.

The Sixers trade would obviously be more difficult due the new rules about sign and trade.

Haha. I guess you have me on ignore.

Conley to Utah for Allen, Korver, Crowder, and #23

And a future first round pick.

That’s a lot for a 32 year old (in Oct) PG who has never been to an All-Star game and has only gotten to the second round three times.

Back