• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Congrats on the ACC championship Deacs! You guys are creating a nice little tennis dynasty. I'll still floating on Cloud 9 following the basketball championship but it would have been cool to see UVA win the ACCs in tennis once again. Good luck in the NCAA tourney. You have a great shot of going back to back and I hope we are on opposite sides of the bracket.

Florida lost to TN. Plus we’ll get a lot of points from beating UVA (who beat UNC). We are currently #1 after the win today but Texas could overtake us.

So with Texas losing, are we 2nd seed at least?

Congrats on the ACC championship Deacs! You guys are creating a nice little tennis dynasty. I'll still floating on Cloud 9 following the basketball championship but it would have been cool to see UVA win the ACCs in tennis once again. Good luck in the NCAA tourney. You have a great shot of going back to back and I hope we are on opposite sides of the bracket.

Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully you forgive the animosity. All in the spirit of good competition. Hard fought match today. Good luck in the big tournament.

So with Texas losing, are we 2nd seed at least?

I think right now we are probably the overall 3 seed. If Ohio State loses in the big 10 tourney (Illinois is their major threat), then we will move up to the 2 seed.

I’d like to be on the opposite side of Ohio St. They seem like the main threat as their losses were without JJ Wolf, the best player in college tennis this year.

By the way, major props to Gojo for absolutely handling an excellent player in Soderlund yesterday. Critical performance in such a tight match.

I think right now we are probably the overall 3 seed. If Ohio State loses in the big 10 tourney (Illinois is their major threat), then we will move up to the 2 seed.

Confused, if we were in 1st and Texas and Florida lost, who else is ahead of us besides Ohio State?

Confused, if we were in 1st and Texas and Florida lost, who else is ahead of us besides Ohio State?

We were in 4th place going into the tournament, behind Texas, OSU, and Florida. Seeding is entirely based on a computer algorithm, which is based on the 10 best wins for each team (minus weighted losses). At the top it becomes a bit circular. When I enter the most recent results for Wake, Texas, and Florida, and potential results for OSU, I end up with Texas as the first seed and Wake as the second (if OSU loses).

I’d like to be on the opposite side of Ohio St. They seem like the main threat as their losses were without JJ Wolf, the best player in college tennis this year.

Agreed.

I think Wake will stick with their same lineup throughout the NCAAs, but the one time I could see them considering a flip between Petros and Gojo would be if we played OSU because Petros has handled Wolf before.

Agreed.

I think Wake will stick with their same lineup throughout the NCAAs, but the one time I could see them considering a flip between Petros and Gojo would be if we played OSU because Petros has handled Wolf before.

How often can you reset your submitted lineup in NCAAs? I didn’t think you can do the swap, but rather just the shift everyone up and replace the 6.

How often can you reset your submitted lineup in NCAAs? I didn’t think you can do the swap, but rather just the shift everyone up and replace the 6.

I think only once (though I'm not sure with the new format), and in general you are correct that the order needs to be maintained. I was more thinking about anticipating a match-up with OSU and listing Petros first, but as I said, I don't think it would happen.

Once the master line-ups are submitted, other coaches can challenge the line-ups (Bar was challenged at 5 for ITAs and the challenge was upheld). I can't imaging challenging Petros at 1 though, given that he won NCAAs last year!

Congrats to the Wake Men's Tennis Team on an undefeated ACC Championship season!

Congrats to the Wake Men's Tennis Team on an undefeated ACC Championship season!

RAF- in watching #1 doubles, our teams unforced errors against UVA on service return were insane. Especially with Alan G. Over hitting the service return out on 80% of the service returns. Cleaning this aspect up will be critical to winning the doubles point. Considering both Gojo and Alan’s selves are very strong, consistent return of serve needs to be a focus during practice.

Tim

RAF- in watching #1 doubles, our teams unforced errors against UVA on service return were insane. Especially with Alan G. Over hitting the service return out on 80% of the service returns. Cleaning this aspect up will be critical to winning the doubles point. Considering both Gojo and Alan’s selves are very strong, consistent return of serve needs to be a focus during practice.

Tim

Gadjiev is the weak link there, and as you indicate, it's return game that really struggles.

. Are the top sixteen seeds set for the ncaa tennis with the rankings out today or can they still change?

They can still change. Both the Big 10 and PAC 12 tournaments are going on this week.

Back